Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Our hero

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,429
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Trump to the rescue!

foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/20/white-house-considering-executive-action-to-prevent-family-separations-at-border.html

The action under consideration would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time. This comes as congressional Republicans scramble to draft legislation to address the same issue, but face challenges mustering the votes.

The separations stem from the administration's "zero tolerance" immigration policy, which aims to prosecute all illegal border crossers. But because of a 1997 order and related decisions, children cannot be detained for longer than 20 days with the adults.

Sources told Fox News that such an executive action by Trump could be seen to run afoul of the 1997 order and would likely draw a lawsuit. But the White House wants to try to take steps to uphold the enforcement of the law, while at the same time lessening the trauma of children being separated from their parents.

I can't wait for Trump to be ripped for locking kids up for more than 20 days

We found the next outrage!

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,266
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Or prison reform...
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's the game plan for when adults show up with kids that ain't theres?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,103
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I don’t care about this. I’m not outraged. It seems like you’re wrong. It would a really good look to just admit Trump fucked this up and say you think he’s gonna fix it.

Its hard to respect someone that can’t be objective.

We are all DWAGS which is why I hate coming to the Tug and seeing everyone's shitty opinions on politics.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,429
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t care about this. I’m not outraged. It seems like you’re wrong. It would a really good look to just admit Trump fucked this up and say you think he’s gonna fix it.

But I am right

And I respect myself so its all good
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

But I am right

And I respect myself so its all good
    I honestly hope you are.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    *quite honestly
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,594

We are all DWAGS which is why I hate coming to the Tug and seeing everyone's shitty opinions on politics.
    I'm here for the gang bang.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Trump is exactly who we all knew him to be: a fucking pussy.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This board in a nutshell.

Yesterday: Family separation is necessary. Trump is just upholding the law!
    Today: Family separation is bad. Trump is a hero for ending it!

As I said, the only consistent stance that Trumptards have is to suck off Trump. If Trump announced that he's an Oregon fan, this whole site will convert to a Duck page.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,103
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Trump gracefully ends cruel Obama-era law!!!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Congress came out and said they won't do shit about it and you losers still blame Trump

Do you want a dictator because your party seems to want one bad. This is how Rome lost the Senate

Trump was pretty damn clear that we will close the border and build a wall before anything else. He is sticking to that and you know as well as I do that the voters agree

The democrats will get killed by their base if they compromise and killed by the voters this fall for doing nothing - there is a reason Obama pretended to be tuff on the border after all

Yet Trump is stupid? I don't fucking think so. You got played like a bitch
    Swaye's Wigwam

As I said, the only consistent stance that Trumptards have is to suck off Trump. If Trump announced that he's an Oregon fan, this whole site will convert to a Duck page.

I don't give as shit about family separation today or yesterday or tomorrow and neither do you you fat fucking phony
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,266
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2018

I didn't say it was necessary. I said it was harsh, but a strong deterrent. I think DNC was right that Trump over corrected Obama's "catch and release" garbage. Now we are somewhere in the middle. Insinceredawg "Issaquahdawg" isn't happy, because in his mind, anything short of full amnesty is a loss.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,530
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2018
    Dems are in a lose lose over illegal immigration.

Be reasonable and say they want to enforce current laws and put forth legislation to change them and they will get torn a new one by the rabid and outspoken folk.
    Of course those psychos would still vote for them anyway so they shouldn't matter but the dems always puss out and pander to them.

Or go full retard and say they want open borders, enforcing is racist, etc. to appease the SJWs and lose all the moderates.

I think we know what course they'll choose.

Honestly if the dems weren't so fucking retarded they could win every election.
    Just ignore the SJWs and super leftists and get the moderate crowd on board.
    Go middle of the road with guns and immigration, keep fighting on the abortion front.
    No one wants to side with the religious right.

The fact that the shitty republican party wins anything at all is directly attributed to the idiocy of the democrats.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Congress came out and said they won't do shit about it and you losers still blame Trump

Do you want a dictator because your party seems to want one bad. This is how Rome lost the Senate

Trump was pretty damn clear that we will close the border and build a wall before anything else. He is sticking to that and you know as well as I do that the voters agree

The democrats will get killed by their base if they compromise and killed by the voters this fall for doing nothing - there is a reason Obama pretended to be tuff on the border after all

Trump said Mexico will pay for the Wall. Now he says he’ll shutdown the government in September if he doesn’t get $25 billion from US taxpayers.

Yes trump is stupid. And a fucking pussy. Let trump run on his zero tolerance policy. It’s worked so well for him this week that he unilaterally surrendered.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trump said Mexico will pay for the Wall. Now he says he’ll shutdown the government in September if he doesn’t get $25 billion from US taxpayers.

Yes trump is stupid. And a fucking pussy. Let trump run on his zero tolerance policy. It’s worked so well for him this week that he unilaterally surrendered.
    He is running on it you moron. Zero tolerance remains. The kids now get to sit in jail with their parents thanks to the democrats

Nice party