Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Show your support for what this community means to you:


Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)



Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

Now that TSIO*O (*Officially), where will LeBron play next season?

24

Comments

  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 6,658
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    edited June 7
    Philly
    One big advantage Philly has is their energy. They have a bunch of younger guys that can give Lebron a breather on some offensive and defensive stretches. Also, Lebron should prefer playing in the East. Outside of the Celtics there isn't any team he'd have to compete with on a night in and night out basis. Unlike the West, where Golden State rules and you still have to deal with San Antonio, and the trending up Timberwolves, and Jazz. If Philly can shore up the shooting along with having Embiid and Simmons, this team could cruise up until the Eastern Finals. And if you put Lebron in Philly with a couple shooters along with what they have now, Golden State vs. Philly would be a coin flip. Also, imagine the length on that team as well...
    dncGladstonetheknowledge
  • dncdnc Posts: 34,884
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award 500 Awesomes
    Houston
    BaldwinIV said:

    Lue is an idiot, duh. I love the anti-Bron narrative still clings to 'he WANTED this team and assembled it himself!', despite many reports stating Bron begged them not to trade Irving. I'm sure LeBron told Cleveland that he wanted 38 year old Kyle Korver to be the 2nd best player.

    He'll go to the Lakers with Leonard.

    Free agency is going to be more interesting than the finals.

    Of course LeBron didn’t want them to trade Kyrie. He created the environment Kyrie wanted out of though.
    UW_Doog_Bot
  • GladstoneGladstone Posts: 12,741
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Philly

    One big advantage Philly has is their energy. They have a bunch of younger guys that can give Lebron a breather on some offensive and defensive stretches. Also, Lebron should prefer playing in the East. Outside of the Celtics there isn't any team he'd have to compete with on a night in and night out basis. Unlike the West, where Golden State rules and you still have to deal with San Antonio, and the trending up Timberwolves, and Jazz. If Philly can shore up the shooting along with having Embiid and Simmons, this team could cruise up until the Eastern Finals. And if you put Lebron in Philly with a couple shooters along with what they have now, Golden State vs. Philly would be a coin flip. Also, imagine the length on that team as well...

    the west is down too now. not east bad but

    gsw and...

    rockets? coached by tardcake d'antoni and 34 yr old paul

    spurs are ??? + when will pop retire

    jazz pdx minn meh
  • dncdnc Posts: 34,884
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award 500 Awesomes
    Houston
    Gladstone said:

    One big advantage Philly has is their energy. They have a bunch of younger guys that can give Lebron a breather on some offensive and defensive stretches. Also, Lebron should prefer playing in the East. Outside of the Celtics there isn't any team he'd have to compete with on a night in and night out basis. Unlike the West, where Golden State rules and you still have to deal with San Antonio, and the trending up Timberwolves, and Jazz. If Philly can shore up the shooting along with having Embiid and Simmons, this team could cruise up until the Eastern Finals. And if you put Lebron in Philly with a couple shooters along with what they have now, Golden State vs. Philly would be a coin flip. Also, imagine the length on that team as well...

    the west is down too now. not east bad but

    gsw and...

    rockets? coached by tardcake d'antoni and 34 yr old paul

    spurs are ??? + when will pop retire

    jazz pdx minn meh
    East is still by far the inferior conference
    greenbloodGladstone
  • GladstoneGladstone Posts: 12,741
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Philly
    shoutout to @dnc this is a great thread. pretty sure nba twitter has driven me clinically insane. if i disappear it's because i decided to stab a random person on the street. brb.
    dnctheknowledgeSwayeUW_Doog_Bot
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Posts: 1,856
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Philly
    Trust LeProcess
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Posts: 10,174
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Philly
    dnc said:

    Gladstone said:

    One big advantage Philly has is their energy. They have a bunch of younger guys that can give Lebron a breather on some offensive and defensive stretches. Also, Lebron should prefer playing in the East. Outside of the Celtics there isn't any team he'd have to compete with on a night in and night out basis. Unlike the West, where Golden State rules and you still have to deal with San Antonio, and the trending up Timberwolves, and Jazz. If Philly can shore up the shooting along with having Embiid and Simmons, this team could cruise up until the Eastern Finals. And if you put Lebron in Philly with a couple shooters along with what they have now, Golden State vs. Philly would be a coin flip. Also, imagine the length on that team as well...

    the west is down too now. not east bad but

    gsw and...

    rockets? coached by tardcake d'antoni and 34 yr old paul

    spurs are ??? + when will pop retire

    jazz pdx minn meh
    East is still by far the inferior conference
    New Orleans would be a top 3 team in the East.

    dncGladstone
  • GladstoneGladstone Posts: 12,741
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Philly
    yeah i said the east is still worse d00ds, but the west kinda sucks too. the nba sucks. lebron definitely should stay in the east
  • dncdnc Posts: 34,884
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award 500 Awesomes
    Houston
    Gladstone said:

    yeah i said the east is still worse d00ds, but the west kinda sucks too. the nba sucks. lebron definitely should stay in the east

    I don't think the west is really down though. It sort of was this year since San Antonio was out of the mix, but the Rockets were a better team than any non GS team the past 5 years, GS is GS, and you've got a ton of good if not great teams in the west: Portland, Utah, OKC, New Orleans, SA, Minnesota and Denver (who didn't even make the playoffs) would all be top 4 or 5 seeds in the east. It's just a much deeper conference. The Clippers finished tenth in the west and would probably have been no worse than 6th in the East.

    There's just a lot more easy wins in the East, same as it ever was.

    Try listing the best players in the game. How deep do you have to go before you get 2 players from the East? 5?

    LeBron (1)
    KD
    Curry
    Harden
    Paul
    Davis
    Westbrook
    Giannis (2)
    Towns
    Kyrie (3)
    Draymond
    Cousins
    Embiid (4)
    Klay
    Olapido (5)

    And that's being pretty generous to Olapido after one great year.

    The path is just much much easier in the East.
    GladstonetheknowledgeUW_Doog_Bot
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Posts: 19,246
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    BaldwinIV said:

    Lue is an idiot, duh. I love the anti-Bron narrative still clings to 'he WANTED this team and assembled it himself!', despite many reports stating Bron begged them not to trade Irving. I'm sure LeBron told Cleveland that he wanted 38 year old Kyle Korver to be the 2nd best player.

    He'll go to the Lakers with Leonard.

    Free agency is going to be more interesting than the finals.

    You actually believe that Kevin Love, JR Smith, and Tristan Thompson would have the contracts they do if it wasn't for LeBron?
    dnchaie
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Posts: 19,246
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    I think he stays in Cleveland. Hometown pride or some shit. The roster will be much different.
  • dncdnc Posts: 34,884
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award 500 Awesomes
    Houston

    I think he stays in Cleveland. Hometown pride or some shit. The roster will be much different.

    That strikes me as giving up. Cleveland isn't beating Boston at full strength. Maybe not even beating Philly. I can't see him doing it.
  • GladstoneGladstone Posts: 12,741
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Philly
    dnc said:

    Gladstone said:

    yeah i said the east is still worse d00ds, but the west kinda sucks too. the nba sucks. lebron definitely should stay in the east

    I don't think the west is really down though. It sort of was this year since San Antonio was out of the mix, but the Rockets were a better team than any non GS team the past 5 years, GS is GS, and you've got a ton of good if not great teams in the west: Portland, Utah, OKC, New Orleans, SA, Minnesota and Denver (who didn't even make the playoffs) would all be top 4 or 5 seeds in the east. It's just a much deeper conference. The Clippers finished tenth in the west and would probably have been no worse than 6th in the East.

    There's just a lot more easy wins in the East, same as it ever was.

    Try listing the best players in the game. How deep do you have to go before you get 2 players from the East? 5?

    LeBron (1)
    KD
    Curry
    Harden
    Paul
    Davis
    Westbrook
    Giannis (2)
    Towns
    Kyrie (3)
    Draymond
    Cousins
    Embiid (4)
    Klay
    Olapido (5)

    And that's being pretty generous to Olapido after one great year.

    The path is just much much easier in the East.
    you're right
    dncSwaye
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Posts: 30,642
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    Race's Lakers
    The East has Brad Stevens

    Nuff said on that

    Cleveland is going to sign Durrant, The Pride of Moreno Valley, and George to play with Lebron
    allpurpleallgold
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Posts: 10,174
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Philly
    dnc said:

    Gladstone said:

    yeah i said the east is still worse d00ds, but the west kinda sucks too. the nba sucks. lebron definitely should stay in the east

    I don't think the west is really down though. It sort of was this year since San Antonio was out of the mix, but the Rockets were a better team than any non GS team the past 5 years, GS is GS, and you've got a ton of good if not great teams in the west: Portland, Utah, OKC, New Orleans, SA, Minnesota and Denver (who didn't even make the playoffs) would all be top 4 or 5 seeds in the east. It's just a much deeper conference. The Clippers finished tenth in the west and would probably have been no worse than 6th in the East.

    There's just a lot more easy wins in the East, same as it ever was.

    Try listing the best players in the game. How deep do you have to go before you get 2 players from the East? 5?

    LeBron (1)
    KD
    Curry
    Harden
    Paul
    Davis
    Westbrook
    Giannis (2)
    Towns
    Kyrie (3)
    Draymond
    Cousins
    Embiid (4)
    Klay
    Olapido (5)

    And that's being pretty generous to Olapido after one great year.

    The path is just much much easier in the East.
    Paul too high.

  • PurpleJPurpleJ Posts: 26,327
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary Fucktard of the Week Award
    Write In
    Tacoma
    allpurpleallgold
  • Houston
    Off-season is ALWAYS best season in the NBA. Nothing's changed with me!
    dnc
Sign In or Register to comment.