Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Round 1 (early 1970s) - #2 The Who vs #15 The Eagles

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Round 1 (early 1970s) - #2 The Who vs #15 The Eagles 45 votes

#2 The Who
68%
Fire_Marshall_BillSwayeSoutherndawgBennyBeaverCirrhosisDawgAZDuckgreenbloodBlackieDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetCokeGreaterThanPepsidncalumni94chuckdfleaTequillaBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinEwaDawgAlexis 31 votes
#15 The Eagles
31%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverwhlinderRoadDawg55Mad_SonDeepSeaZYouKnowItoregonblitzkriegDooglesJaWarrenJaHookerHuskyInAZBasemanLebamDawgBearsWiinJoeEDangerously 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 The Who
    Gonna be tuff sledding for the Fighting Hotel Californians
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    #2 The Who
    The Eagles are dreck
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Who
    The Who are in my top 3 bands of all time, any genre.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Who

Thanks Les! I can never find this gif.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 The Who

We finally have some common ground I see.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    #2 The Who
    The Who is my favorite band of all time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Who
    Swaye said:

We finally have some common ground I see.
    True story?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Who

Welcum to the higher level classic rock discussion bored.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #15 The Eagles
    Both very good in different ways.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #15 The Eagles
    I tried to like The Who. It just didn't work for med.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    #2 The Who
    related

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    #2 The Who

I assumed you were more of a Beiber/Jonas Brothers type of guy.
    *Chief Keef
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Who

*Chief Keef
    Keef is the greatest rock drummer ever. Fuck Bonham. Fuck Drummers from Canada.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #2 The Who

*Chief Keef
    Keef is the greatest rock drummer ever. Fuck Bonham. Fuck Drummers from Canada.
    Keith Farrelle Cozart[1] (born August 15, 1995),[2] better known by his stage name Chief Keef, is an American rapper and record producer. During his teenage years and while under house arrest, Keef's music videos were met with acclaim from local high school students. His increasing popularity led to him being the subject of a brief bidding war among labels. Ultimately, Keef signed a major record deal with Interscope Records and later signed with 1017 Brick Squad. Keef also became the CEO of his own record label, Glory Boyz Entertainment, which later developed into Glo Gang.

Keef's debut album Finally Rich was released on December 18, 2012, and featured singles such as "I Don't Like" and "Love Sosa". Since achieving commercial popularity, Keef has continued to experience ongoing legal issues. Despite being dropped from Interscope in late 2014, Keef continued self-releasing mixtapes through his Glo Gang label. Although Keef had originally planned Bang 3 to be released as his second album, a then-track from the album, "Nobody", developed into its own project. Keef released Nobody as a full-length album in December 2014, while continuing to delay the often-pushed back Bang 3.

Contents
    1 Life and career
    1.1 Early life (1995–2010)
    1.2 Early years, Finally Rich, and subsequent mixtapes (2011–13)
    1.3 Bang 3, Nobody, and The Cozart (2014–2016)
    1.4 "Retirement" (2016–present)
    2 Other ventures
    2.1 Glo Gang
    3 Personal life
    3.1 Legal issues
    4 Image
    4.1 Controversies
    4.1.1 Hip hop feuds
    4.1.2 Instagram
    5 Discography
    6 References
    6.1 Notes
    Life and career
    Early life (1995–2010)
    Chief Keef was born Keith Cozart in Chicago, Illinois when his mother was 16, and is named after his deceased uncle.[3] He lived at the Parkway Garden Homes, located in the Washington Park neighborhood on the city's South Side.[4][5] Keef is estranged from his biological father;[6] when he was a minor, Keef's legal guardian was his grandmother, whom he lived with during his residence in Chicago.[7] He began rapping at a very young age, regularly listed as 5, using his mother's karaoke machine and blank tapes to record his music.[8] During his childhood, Keef attended Dulles Elementary School and the Banner School, a therapeutic day school.[8] Keef dropped out of Dyett High School at age 15.[9][10]

Early years, Finally Rich, and subsequent mixtapes (2011–13)

Kanye West, a fellow Chicagoan, discovered Chief Keef, and has since remixed his songs and collaborated with Keef.
    In 2011, Keef first earned local attention from Chicago's South Side community with his mixtapes, The Glory Road and Bang.[11] In December, Keef fired gunshots from a Pontiac Grand Prix in Chicago's Washington Park neighborhood. Police showed up at the scene and the incident resulted in Keef being arrested and charged with unlawful use of a weapon. Keef was consequently placed under house arrest at his grandmother's house for 30 days, followed by another 30 days of home confinement. It has been noted that by the time this incident occurred, Keef had already achieved local South Side popularity, and that much of his early fan base consisted of high school students in the area.[12][13] While under house arrest, Keef posted several videos to his YouTube account.[14] These videos were at the forefront of Chicago's hip hop subgenre, drill.[14][15] The attention he received increased during the short time between the release of his mixtapes, Bang and Back From the Dead, and music videos, including "Bang", "3Hunna" and "I Don't Like".[12][16] Once his house arrest ended, WorldStarHipHop released a video of a child hysterically celebrating Keef's release from house arrest, affording Keef further virality.[12][13] Early in his music career, Keef's song "I Don't Like" became a local hit in Chicago, which was described by a local party promoter, as "the perfect Chicago song because 'niggas just hate everything out here.'"[13] It also caught fellow Chicago rapper Kanye West's attention, and West created a remix of the song with rappers Pusha T, Jadakiss and Big Sean.[17] In response to these events, David Drake of Spin writes that in 2012, Keef "suddenly shot up out of obscurity."[18]

In the summer of 2012, Keef was the subject of a bidding war with many labels to sign him, including Young Jeezy's CTE World.[19] While 2013 proved to be a relatively quiet year, in terms of his music output, Keef began the year by signing with Interscope Records, as a separate deal promised his own label imprint, Glory Boyz Entertainment (GBE).[19] The deal was worth $6,000,000 over a three album layout, as well as an additional $440,000 in advance, to establish GBE.[7] The deal also set up rights for Interscope to pull out of the contract in the case that Keef's debut album failed to sell 250,000 copies by December 2013.[20] Chief Keef's debut studio album Finally Rich, was released on December 18, 2012.[21] Featured guests on the album included rappers 50 Cent, Wiz Khalifa, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross and his fellow Glory Boyz member Lil Reese.[22]

On March 26, 2013, it was announced that Keef would be a part of XXL Magazine's 2013 Freshman Class.[23] On May 8, 2013, Gucci Mane announced via Twitter that Chief Keef was the newest member of 1017 Brick Squad Records.[24]

Keef was featured on "Hold My Liquor", the fifth track off Kanye West's album, Yeezus, released on June 18, 2013.[25] Keef's contributions to the track were praised by musician Lou Reed, with Reed stating, "'Hold My Liquor' is just heartbreaking, and particularly coming from where it's coming from – listen to that incredibly poignant hook from a tough guy like Chief Keef, wow."[26]

On his 18th birthday, August 15, 2013, Chief Keef celebrated by releasing the mixtape Bang, Pt. 2.[27] Bang, Pt. 2 was highly anticipated as the first project following his debut album, but received a mixed to negative critical response.[28] On October 12, 2013 a further mixtape, Almighty Sosa was released.[29] Like Bang, Pt. 2, Almighty So also received mixed to negative critical responses.[28][30] Following his October 2013 jail term (see § Legal issues), he began working on his second studio album and a biopic.[31]
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #15 The Eagles

Bieber is solid. He has some good songs.