Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Any horologist fags here?

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
So, I have this one nice Breitling watch I got years ago when the entire squadron I was in ordered direct from Breitling - they gave us all a big discount. But, it is a pretty classy watch so I never wear it much, because I would never be confused for classy.

Have a buddy who has piles of watches. Guess it is his thing. Anyway, he offered me an Omega Speedmaster Racing on a rubber strap for a grand. Thing looks brand new. He got it a couple years ago. Says he rarely wears it. I'm thinking that's a great deal since they are around 4K new. But, I know shit about watches, other than Omega is a good watch. I think I'd wear it because it is a bit more sporty looking, and seems right at home in a river or on a Jeep trail or whatever.

So the question is should I knock over the local 7-11 to get the grand to buy the watch or not?

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

So, I have this one nice Breitling watch I got years ago when the entire squadron I was in ordered direct from Breitling - they gave us all a big discount. But, it is a pretty classy watch so I never wear it much, because I would never be confused for classy.

Have a buddy who has piles of watches. Guess it is his thing. Anyway, he offered me an Omega Speedmaster Racing on a rubber strap for a grand. Thing looks brand new. He got it a couple years ago. Says he rarely wears it. I'm thinking that's a great deal since they are around 4K new. But, I know shit about watches, other than Omega is a good watch. I think I'd wear it because it is a bit more sporty looking, and seems right at home in a river or on a Jeep trail or whatever.

So the question is should I knock over the local 7-11 to get the grand to buy the watch or not?

Yeah that's cool

Casual watches are pretty cool.

Get a leather racing strap too to switch out when you feel like it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Yeah that's cool

Casual watches are pretty cool.

Get a leather racing strap too to switch out when you feel like it.
    You think a grand is a good price? He says it's a steal, but I know shit about the "luxury" watch secondary market. Figured I'd rely on people here, which is probably a mistake.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Should also mention it comes with the box and all the paperwork, which he acted like was a big deal.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swatch or die, bitches.

• Options
    Founders Club
    General storytelling: I was at this dude's house last summer for a soiree and he has this 16 bay watch winder FULL of watches. I saw a couple of Breitlings, a few Omegas, a couple of Rolexs and a few brands I didn't even know. 16 watches. Fuck me. I get having a couple of nice watches in your "man" repertoire, but 16? Dude probably has 100 grand in watches on this thing. He told me one of the Rolexs cost over 20 grand. For one. Jesus. I'm poor.

The goddamn watch winder looked like it probably costs more than my fucking super nice 800 pound gun safe.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:
    Yeah I had checked eBay and a grand sounded good from what I saw, but I also know prices on eBay doesn't mean it will sell for that. Just trying to see if any of our rich fucks here know watches.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swatch or die, bitches.

Is that the Obama version?
  • Options
    Yes of course. It prob goes for like 2500 or so used in good condition
  • Options

If you call him a horologist fag I'm sure it will help him knock the price off
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'm going to rely on you and buy it. I'll be robbing the 7-11 in Bristow, VA to get the money. I know my secret is safe here.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swatch or die, bitches.

No - it's the meet-me-in-the-stall-in-3-minutes-and-pound-the-ass version.

I could see the confusion, though.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The fuck is a watch
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swatch or die, bitches.

No - it's the meet-me-in-the-stall-in-3-minutes-and-pound-the-ass version.

I could see the confusion, though.

So it will rape me? I guess that makes it the Ed Murray model then.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    As long as there are hookers and blow for sale, I cannot recommend buying a fucking watch.

Unless you wind it and it sucks your dick and coke comes out of it. I didn't see those things listed as features of that watch, though.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My phone seems to tell me the time pretty well. I'd rather use the grand for blow
  • Options
    Alexis said:

My phone seems to tell me the time pretty well. I'd rather use the grand for blow

I just ask the hooker what time it is.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm pour right now, so I could probably cut you a deal on my vintage Rolex (Quilcine) Oyster Perpetual Date Just.