Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen... You've Come a Long Way, Baby!

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited March 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board

imageJen Cohen... You've Come a Long Way, Baby!

The front page's swan song and a State of the Basement Address...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,322
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And to ponder the timeless wit and wisdom of Race Bannon.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

No SHOUT OUT on the last front page ever? SAD!

my bad. I owe you a beer
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Who the fuck is Chris Peterson?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Will there be a Forum's page instead???
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Meek said:

I actually got my first shout out on the last episode of this dismal series. #Winning

I concur on Jen Cohen. I was among the most skeptical losers on this site that she was yet another one of the crony hires that the UW had become synonymous with.

As you mentioned, the pattern of unqualified hires and outright corruption did not give me any reason to expect, let alone believe that Cohen was anything more than another brick in the wall. Seriously...spending $1M on a recruiting agency that ends up giving the job to an internal candidate (red flag!!) who has no top dog experience at any school (red flag!!) was simply what we had come to expect as we were ridiculed by the UW admin as half brains.

What is without question is that we didn't give a shit about Jen's personal reasons for wanting the job. We didn't give a shit about Jen's passion for the Huskies. We didn't give a shit that she took a photo with Don James when she was 12 and told him she wanted this job. I wanted to be a fucking astronaut when I was 12. Look at me now - still live in my mom's basement. So the thing is, I just didn't give a shit about Jen Cohen as a person or as a prospect. Husky football was on its death bed.

So, Jen, if you read this bored, I didn't trust you from the get-go. I didn't give you a chance because you didn't deserve a chance. You were "hired", in our eyes, through the same sketchy process that gave us Emmert's front porch, the Pool Boy, Tyrone's vicious teams that literally quit on him while he played more golf than Trump does, the random Sarkaholic hiring, black uniforms with beige trim...what the fuck was I supposed to think? You get that, right? Everything leading up to you had been a big fuck you to me, my wallet, and the other grown-ass losers on this site.

But here's the thing...you have made good decision after good decision after good decision...and not just good decisions, but very tough decisions that your predecessors were too chicken shit to make (or worse - couldn't figure out how to make).

We're almost there Jen. The uniforms...get our brand back. But even if you don't because you decide that the look and feel of Husky football is anything but what my cranky old man perception thinks it should be, I'm a believer. You've done enough for me to trust you with the car. The keys, kid, can stay with you.

Jen Cohen....you've come a long way, baby.

I'm hard as a diamond in an ice storm.
    I came
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Has she been smoking Virginia Slims?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

Meek said:

I actually got my first shout out on the last episode of this dismal series. #Winning

I concur on Jen Cohen. I was among the most skeptical losers on this site that she was yet another one of the crony hires that the UW had become synonymous with.

As you mentioned, the pattern of unqualified hires and outright corruption did not give me any reason to expect, let alone believe that Cohen was anything more than another brick in the wall. Seriously...spending $1M on a recruiting agency that ends up giving the job to an internal candidate (red flag!!) who has no top dog experience at any school (red flag!!) was simply what we had come to expect as we were ridiculed by the UW admin as half brains.

What is without question is that we didn't give a shit about Jen's personal reasons for wanting the job. We didn't give a shit about Jen's passion for the Huskies. We didn't give a shit that she took a photo with Don James when she was 12 and told him she wanted this job. I wanted to be a fucking astronaut when I was 12. Look at me now - still live in my mom's basement. So the thing is, I just didn't give a shit about Jen Cohen as a person or as a prospect. Husky football was on its death bed.

So, Jen, if you read this bored, I didn't trust you from the get-go. I didn't give you a chance because you didn't deserve a chance. You were "hired", in our eyes, through the same sketchy process that gave us Emmert's front porch, the Pool Boy, Tyrone's vicious teams that literally quit on him while he played more golf than Trump does, the random Sarkaholic hiring, black uniforms with beige trim...what the fuck was I supposed to think? You get that, right? Everything leading up to you had been a big fuck you to me, my wallet, and the other grown-ass losers on this site.

But here's the thing...you have made good decision after good decision after good decision...and not just good decisions, but very tough decisions that your predecessors were too chicken shit to make (or worse - couldn't figure out how to make).

We're almost there Jen. The uniforms...get our brand back. But even if you don't because you decide that the look and feel of Husky football is anything but what my cranky old man perception thinks it should be, I'm a believer. You've done enough for me to trust you with the car. The keys, kid, can stay with you.

Jen Cohen....you've come a long way, baby.

This almost makes me care about the Huskies again.
    if that's your way of asking me to be a moderator of this wretched hive of scum and villainy, the answer is no.
    You'd rather fight than switch!!