Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jarrett Bell, 2018 4* OL, Norco (HS), CA - Bama Decommit.

So, this kid was dropped by Bama after having been committed to them for some time. As that is, I think there are a few teams interested in him and it appears we are one (Biggins has reported this).

I'm not super sure we will offer him, but it's something to keep an eye on in January.

Here's his senior hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4023488/59d119ff32dc930ef882c9a5

I think he's fine. DDY2. Has really good movement and good size, drives into kids. I think it would be mostly a positive move to get him, but I'm not enthralled or anything. I think he's a tick below everyone we've got, but he could be G insurance in case Ale can't learn to play football.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I don't have 10.95. Can I send nudes instead?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I don't have 10.95. Can I send nudes instead?

DM them my way too. Spread eagle plz
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    This guy is really good. I like him better than Curne and Ale, and I think they're both pretty good.

He's probably going to UCLA though. He's perfect for Chip's offense as well as his roster racial profile.
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

This guy is really good. I like him better than Curne and Ale, and I think they're both pretty good.

He's probably going to UCLA though. He's perfect for Chip's offense as well as his roster racial profile.

Dumbest thing you've ever posted.
    Talk about a pot calling the kettle black
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Why better than Curne?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Why better than Curne?

I think he understands angles and leverage and how to wall people off, which is really cool to see along with his quickness which put together makes him really good on zone runs. I dunno, I kind of have a bias towards quicker zone block guys like that. This guy is obviously a right guard so it's kind of dumb of me to compare him to Curne. I think it would be cool to get him though since we have two left guard types in this class so far.

I'll rephrase: This kid would make much better pulling guard than Curne. And probably a better stretch play guy as well. And I kind of have a bias for those things.
  • Options

What's weird about Bama's OL is that they tend to recruit a lot of big, fight you in a phone-booth Power-scheme type of linemen even though they heavily favor Zone. If you look at the guys they've put in the league, a lot of their top OL guys don't have the feet or quickness to succeed there. Fluker and Warmack for example have both been pretty terrible.

Their best recent NFL guy has been the center Kelly, who is smaller and quicker than what they usually recruit. Their best NFL OL in the last decade is Mathis, who is also the type of fast smaller guy they usually don't recruit. This guy is small and quick, to the point where he might have been a center only at Bama. Tommy Brown isn't good, but he fits that huge "looks terrifying coming out of the tunnel" type of guy that they usually have.

I don't know why they favor big fatties so much. It might be philosophy of physicality and having guy who can punch you in the mouth type of thing. It's not really congruent with the offense they run, but it doesn't really matter because they're usually so talented and a lot of those giant lard-cakes are quick for the college-level anyway.

I think they dropped him because he's small and they think they can land someone they like better. Likely they saw his as a center only and like Ekiyor better there. Which they should, because Ekiyor is fucking amazing. Plus they have a legit chance of getting both Petit-Frere and Sewell.

Damn, you follow bama’s OL recruiting that much
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

What's weird about Bama's OL is that they tend to recruit a lot of big, fight you in a phone-booth Power-scheme type of linemen even though they heavily favor Zone. If you look at the guys they've put in the league, a lot of their top OL guys don't have the feet or quickness to succeed there. Fluker and Warmack for example have both been pretty terrible.

Their best recent NFL guy has been the center Kelly, who is smaller and quicker than what they usually recruit. Their best NFL OL in the last decade is Mathis, who is also the type of fast smaller guy they usually don't recruit. This guy is small and quick, to the point where he might have been a center only at Bama. Tommy Brown isn't good, but he fits that huge "looks terrifying coming out of the tunnel" type of guy that they usually have.

I don't know why they favor big fatties so much. It might be philosophy of physicality and having guy who can punch you in the mouth type of thing. It's not really congruent with the offense they run, but it doesn't really matter because they're usually so talented and a lot of those giant lard-cakes are quick for the college-level anyway.

I think they dropped him because he's small and they think they can land someone they like better. Likely they saw his as a center only and like Ekiyor better there. Which they should, because Ekiyor is fucking amazing. Plus they have a legit chance of getting both Petit-Frere and Sewell.

This post fucks.

Might need our resident sex expert weigh in here. Sorry @Swaye this one's not for you.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is he visiting?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    pat_hm said:

Is he visiting?

Not that I've heard. I think we are going to stop by and czech on him.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BAMA wanted him!!!!

...at one time
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

BAMA wanted him!!!!

...at one time

So you're saying he'll be as useful as Travell Dixon? (who is in the NFL wtf?)