Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serius Question for the Resident Ducks

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
edited December 2017 in College Football Forum
at this point, don't you want this fucker gone anyway?

setting aside all the shit talking here, motivated entirely by a lot of sour grapes, Oregon isn't Iowa or Michigan State. The Ducks job is a damn good one. No, not the best. Neither is Washington's. But there are some positives. Near California recruiting, west coast, Nike, a nice run of success and some recent Rose Bowel wins, play off appearance, a legitimate Heisman winner, Nike, still great facilities, commitment to the program, $$, etc.

Like I said; there are many worse gigs. Off the top of my head, I'd choose Oregon over every program in the P12 sans SC, Washington & UCLA; I'd choose them over every school in the B10 sans Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State, and I'd choose 'em over pretty much any school in the B12 sans Texas & Oklahomie, and I'd choose 'em over a lot of schools in the SEC and ACC (more exceptions in those two conferences).

Not a top 10 job, but there are reasons to want to coach there. Getting sucked into this with this dipshit is fs and your program runs the risk of losing by winning. You marry this fucker with a long-term and there's at least as good a chance you regret it as not, and in the meantime, the current roster has lost confidence in him and he's ruining his recruiting class.

At what point does Mullins suck it up and tell him to go fuck off? FSU would be giddy; they'd save a lot of dough and he'd have fucked himself.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is how Rick greased the skids for his exit. Willie better do better than 8 and 4
  • Options
    dnc said:

I said this before and i will say it again "most whites can't see racism in real time its your blind spot", 66Duck took an opportunity to vent some disparaging deep seeded feelings he has about coach, it had nothing to do with the situation because WT is good man and he did a great job this year. Just because you can't the see the racism dripping from his post doesn't mean its not there, it means you are blind to it or refuse to see it. I welcome the expected backlash!

where's this from? I never venture away from this bored.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I said this before and i will say it again "most whites can't see racism in real time its your blind spot", 66Duck took an opportunity to vent some disparaging deep seeded feelings he has about coach, it had nothing to do with the situation because WT is good man and he did a great job this year. Just because you can't the see the racism dripping from his post doesn't mean its not there, it means you are blind to it or refuse to see it. I welcome the expected backlash!

where's this from? I never venture away from this bored.
    educk i believe
  • Options

god bless educk

well, in fairness, this place can be pretty fucking entertaining after a shit ball occurrence. Let me take you back to the lawnmower bowl.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

This is how Rick greased the skids for his exit. Willie better do better than 8 and 4

That's what I've been saying from the beginning.

My spidey senses have told from the moment I heard about this that he'd be on it because I'm from Florida and I know that those fuckers need to be away from that place for a LONG time before they lose the urge to go back. And FSU is FSU, and Oregon is not FSU despite what happened in Pasadena.

But if there is one positive here for the Ducks (assuming that it's not another chance to make a better hire) it's that if he stays there he's going to feel heat on his ass to win. Because that fucker has used up a life-time's worth of good will with practically anyone associated with Oregon.
    This is 100% right. Not worth dealing with every offseason. It'll be the Bucs job next. Then the dolphins job. Etc etc. And he's not a good enough coach to throw crazy money at to convince him to stay.
    Exactly. Somone needs to remind Mullins that Willie isn't the only guy who can recruit Florida.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    AZDuck said:

Clownzano (lol!) sez that Phil is BEYOND PISSED that Tags went to a jerb interview on the company dime. If in fact this is how things went down, I would be as well. Willie better get the job if that's the case.

Even so, I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Nike - even at FSU (a Nike school) - gonna be rocking some gayest uniforms Tinker Hatfield's febrile imagination can come up with

Yikes. WIllie Beamon be playin' ... wit da man. On the other hand, when has Canzano scooped anything? He basically tracks with the rest of us and writes stupid and obvious shit.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I'm entirely more indifferent than I should be. Either it's LIPO with Willie in charge. Or it's LIPO with some other guy in charge. Either way, Jake Browning still sucks.

Think I only care a little more than you. Will be shit losing his class and in the year of early signings. Sounds like JL might go with him or Bill might at least try to take him. But there’s not anything that convinces me wills a special X’s and O’s Guy yet.

I saw you when Herbert was injured, William. It was Helfrich esque
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mullen’s comes away looking like a huge pussy
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mullen’s comes away looking like is a huge pussy

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

at this point, don't you want this fucker gone anyway?

setting aside all the shit talking here, motivated entirely by a lot of sour grapes, Oregon isn't Iowa or Michigan State. The Ducks job is a damn good one. No, not the best. Neither is Washington's. But there are some positives. Near California recruiting, west coast, Nike, a nice run of success and some recent Rose Bowel wins, play off appearance, a legitimate Heisman winner, Nike, still great facilities, commitment to the program, $$, etc.

Like I said; there are many worse gigs. Off the top of my head, I'd choose Oregon over every program in the P12 sans SC, Washington & UCLA; I'd choose them over every school in the B10 sans Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State, and I'd choose 'em over pretty much any school in the B12 sans Texas & Oklahomie, and I'd choose 'em over a lot of schools in the SEC and ACC (more exceptions in those two conferences).

Not a top 10 job, but there are reasons to want to coach there. Getting sucked into this with this dipshit is fs and your program runs the risk of losing by winning. You marry this fucker with a long-term and there's at least as good a chance you regret it as not, and in the meantime, the current roster has lost confidence in him and he's ruining his recruiting class.

At what point does Mullins suck it up and tell him to go fuck off? FSU would be giddy; they'd save a lot of dough and he'd have fucked himself.