Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Longshot I suppose but great to see
    we are still looking in Texas.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The real question is who offered him?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

The real question is who offered him?

Hopefully the ISIS leader.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    So this is a new one to me because normally when you hear Travis High School in Texas you are looking at Austin Travis ... not a Southwestern suburb of Houston.

The Houston area is where you're primary competition will be Texas A&M and LSU.

TAMU is in an interesting position because a lot of A&M buddies that I know are ready to pull the plug on Kevin Sumlin ... they are starting to understand what "Black Sark" really means. We know that Eddie O can recruit a ton but he's got to show some on the field results to back it up ... 8-4 isn't going to get it done there.

Texas is in an interesting spot right now because I would have expected a bit of a jump with Tom Herman getting the job because for high end recruits in the area one of the primary excuses that was given when he was at Houston for not choosing Houston was because he was at Houston (that's a tongue twister). But then he gets the Texas job and he loses big on some recruits at the end of the cycle. I'm going to be interested to see how it plays out.

TCU historically has been a player for recruits outside of the Austin and Houston areas as most of the bigger schools tend to focus most of their attention in the cities instead of the suburbs.

The offer in general seems a bit odd to me ... I do wonder if he has some kind of connection to UW in one form or another ... perhaps through Myles Rice.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    How does he compare to Osborne and Spiker?
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

He got two offers yesterday, UW and UO. Pinned the UO offer twat. Not the UW one.

He gone.

Yeah he wasn't blessed or honored by UW offer
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

So this is a new one to me because normally when you hear Travis High School in Texas you are looking at Austin Travis ... not a Southwestern suburb of Houston.

The offer in general seems a bit odd to me ... I do wonder if he has some kind of connection to UW in one form or another ... perhaps through Myles Rice.

I live 12 minutes from his HS. He has probably been intrigued by the Adonis in purple he has seen stumbling around drunk in the vegetation behind the 7-11 at Harlem and Bellaire.
    If I had to guess I'd say his Final 3 will be Oklahoma, TAMU, and LSU
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    Tequilla said:

Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

I live 12 minutes from his HS. He has probably been intrigued by the Adonis in purple he has seen stumbling around drunk in the vegetation behind the 7-11 at Harlem and Bellaire.
    If I had to guess I'd say his Final 3 will be Oklahoma, TAMU, and LSU
    Unless Myles Rice has something magical to tell him, that seems right. I think Texas is the other wild card as you mentioned (well, ahead of UW wild card - I suspect we're just another school). It will be interesting to see what Herman can do with a full cycle. Obviously lag theory hurts him and the three you mentioned are in my mind the clear front runners.
  • Options
    It just seems to me that Herman's name has lost some buzz in Texas for whatever reason ... not sure why.

He's going to have to prove it on the field at Texas I think to get some momentum behind his name ... as it is it's been about a 5-10 year cycle where going to Texas hasn't been as paramount for kids from Texas as it usually has been historically.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    Tequilla said:

It just seems to me that Herman's name has lost some buzz in Texas for whatever reason ... not sure why.

He's going to have to prove it on the field at Texas I think to get some momentum behind his name ... as it is it's been about a 5-10 year cycle where going to Texas hasn't been as paramount for kids from Texas as it usually has been historically.

I can assure you it lost buzz in Houston. My take is basically he was too successful early and then reality at the end of the season decreased the super human aura that had been going on for 1.75 years.
  • Options
    Texas has lost ground in Houston for a while now ...

And in the DFW area, that's always been a strong area for Oklahoma and with TCU now in the Big 12, they are starting to keep some of the players local.

The Texas job isn't quite as good as many think it is at the moment. He's not a certainty to be successful.