Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I prefer that to a craven opportunist who has schemed since college to do whatever is necessary and to destroy as many people as needed to get to the Presidency which she sees as her birthright

Not naming any names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-vG_TdOT4
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I prefer that to a craven opportunist who has schemed since college to do whatever is necessary and to destroy as many people as needed to get to the Presidency which she sees as her birthright

Not naming any names

Frank Underwood?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Loser playbook #1: If you're going to lose, just say you didn't want to win in the first place.

Losers lose.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Not naming any names

Frank Claire Underwood?
    Crispy.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Loser playbook #1: If you're going to lose, just say you didn't want to win in the first place.

Losers lose.

Loosers loose.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Not naming any names

Martin O'Malley?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    Eight years from now, we're all gonna get a big belly laugh when Trump in a nostalgic end of run interview gloats, "Ya know?... Funny thing is... I never really wanted this job."
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,979
    Founders Club
    I read a couple books about Reagan several years ago. One of the things I liked about him was that he didn't aspire to be president, and had to be pressured and harangued by others in the GOP to run for president. Kind of like what Race said, it's preferable to someone who is desperately crazed for power.
  • Options

I read a couple books about Reagan several years ago. One of the things I liked about him was that he didn't aspire to be president, and had to be pressured and harangued by others in the GOP to run for president. Kind of like what Race said, it's preferable to someone who is desperately crazed for power.

Didn't aspire so much that he ran four times. But still.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Are you saying Trump isn't desperately crazed for power?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Ask the OP
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

Ask the OP
  • Options
    Founders Club

He ran in '76, '80 and '84 for reelection.

• Options

And '68.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_1968
  • Options
    Founders Club

And '68.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_1968
    I didn't know that. It's a red herring argument you're making, but nevertheless I learned something there.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Ask the OP
    Trump doesn't want to be president because his shit has to go into a blind trust. Now that he's in the lead, his power crazed ego is taking over.

HTH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam