Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coug excuses

2»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2015/sep/07/mike-leach-monday-press-conference/
    Q: There weren't players concerned with the weather, playing time, etc.?
    ML: No, we didn't have any of that. It was more, to me I felt it was over-trying early on, expecting to go out there and score two touchdowns each play and then, when that didn't happen, frustration. I didn't see any whining. And then, I saw guys if they made a mistake they'd play real tight, over-analytical. It was all hyper-effort stuff instead of flat, dismissive stuff. There was more wanting to make too much happen, rather than withdrawing.

None of the whining stuff, if I get any of those whiny guys, I'm just going to cut them, you know? Cut some last year, should have cut more than I did, er, should have cut them sooner. But we don't have any of that. Haven't seen any of it, either.
    — And —
    Q: Does Rutgers look similar to last year?
    ML: Yeah, very similar. I mean, last week's game is hard to say, last week's game's a little hard to say. But yeah, very similar. Same looks, same stuff, same idea and they've had success with it so they'll stick with it.

I mean, this stuff's fun to write about but people don't, you know, I certainly get the impression that there are people out there in journalist-land – and I know this, for a fact, because I was a journalist for two years if you think about it, even though I had to be tutored by experts, Jack Arute and Roger Twyble. There's a lot of them in your industry that think this an episode of the Road Runner, and so it's all Wile E. Coyote going back there inventing something to see if it will drop on the road runner and mash him, you know. There's maybe a play or two of that, as in one or two plays each week, but it's a game of execution and we didn't execute well. Guys (were) trying to over-execute and worry about the other guy's job. It's a game of execution so I don't think they're going to reinvent something and say, get a bunch of, they're not going to go draw on the drawing board and break out a bunch of boxes that say ACME on it with a bunch of equipment and try to build a catapult and all this stuff to ensnare us. They're going to say our stuff is pretty good and they're going to line up and do it he best they can and hope to do it better than we do and go from there.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2015/sep/07/mike-leach-monday-press-conference/

Q: There weren't players concerned with the weather, playing time, etc.?
    ML: No, we didn't have any of that. It was more, to me I felt it was over-trying early on, expecting to go out there and score two touchdowns each play and then, when that didn't happen, frustration. I didn't see any whining. And then, I saw guys if they made a mistake they'd play real tight, over-analytical. It was all hyper-effort stuff instead of flat, dismissive stuff. There was more wanting to make too much happen, rather than withdrawing.

None of the whining stuff, if I get any of those whiny guys, I'm just going to cut them, you know? Cut some last year, should have cut more than I did, er, should have cut them sooner. But we don't have any of that. Haven't seen any of it, either.
    — And —
    Q: Does Rutgers look similar to last year?
    ML: Yeah, very similar. I mean, last week's game is hard to say, last week's game's a little hard to say. But yeah, very similar. Same looks, same stuff, same idea and they've had success with it so they'll stick with it.

I mean, this stuff's fun to write about but people don't, you know, I certainly get the impression that there are people out there in journalist-land – and I know this, for a fact, because I was a journalist for two years if you think about it, even though I had to be tutored by experts, Jack Arute and Roger Twyble. There's a lot of them in your industry that think this an episode of the Road Runner, and so it's all Wile E. Coyote going back there inventing something to see if it will drop on the road runner and mash him, you know. There's maybe a play or two of that, as in one or two plays each week, but it's a game of execution and we didn't execute well. Guys (were) trying to over-execute and worry about the other guy's job. It's a game of execution so I don't think they're going to reinvent something and say, get a bunch of, they're not going to go draw on the drawing board and break out a bunch of boxes that say ACME on it with a bunch of equipment and try to build a catapult and all this stuff to ensnare us. They're going to say our stuff is pretty good and they're going to line up and do it he best they can and hope to do it better than we do and go from there.
    What in the actual fuck.

Rickjamescocaine.gif
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

How the fuck did this guy win at Texas Tech?

Because there is ample leftover talent in Texas and the surrounding areas after Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M take the best prospects.

There is not enough leftovers in the PNW and Petersen and Gary Anderson at OSU will make it really hard for WSU to get anyone. Unlike every recent fucktarded HC at UW, Petersen will clean up in state and even get the unheralded gems that WSU needs.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He had 5th pick of Big 12 talent at Tech instead of 2nd pick of MWC talent at Wazzu.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Coog fans after listening to the Pirate explain Looney Tunes:

• Options
    NevadaduckNevadaduck Member Posts: 193
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

He had 5th pick of Big 12 talent at Tech instead of 2nd pick of MWC talent at Wazzu.

Ouch.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Somehow Michael Crabtree was there at the same time.