Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nick Harris: Worthless or Wattenburg Insurance?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It's reassuring that we're finally getting to the point where our OL can actually sit for 3 years before they're expected to play.

The quick reaction is to think about a guy like Crane and say he's a bust because we haven't seen much of him yet. In reality, he's been playing behind upper-classmen (Criste, Tanigawa, Charles, Tafunga), which is supposed to happen.

Ideally, you want your OL careers to go like this:
    Freshman - RS
    RS Frosh - ride bench, special teams, play when up by 40
    RS Soph - backup for starters, start if there are injuries
    RS Jr - start
    RS Sr - Start

The only position where we're not there is Right tackle, which speaks to Sark's absolute incompetence in bringing in Tackle prospects. Ironically, it's also the position that looks most promising down the road (McGary, Adams)

Those guys aren't very good. Crane does have time, but if Crane gets passed by Sosobee and/or Turner, he's a bust.
    I agree that if younger guys pass him up, he's a bust, but I don't agree that he would have passed up Charles and Tanigawa if he wasn't a bust
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's reassuring that we're finally getting to the point where our OL can actually sit for 3 years before they're expected to play.

The quick reaction is to think about a guy like Crane and say he's a bust because we haven't seen much of him yet. In reality, he's been playing behind upper-classmen (Criste, Tanigawa, Charles, Tafunga), which is supposed to happen.

Freshman - RS
    RS Jr - start
    RS Sr - Start

The only position where we're not there is Right tackle, which speaks to Sark's absolute incompetence in bringing in Tackle prospects. Ironically, it's also the position that looks most promising down the road (McGary, Adams)

Those guys aren't very good. Crane does have time, but if Crane gets passed by Sosobee and/or Turner, he's a bust.
    I agree that if younger guys pass him up, he's a bust, but I don't agree that he would have passed up Charles and Tanigawa if he wasn't a bust
    You don't watch a lot of Husky football do you?

Any decent player would've passed up anyone on our line last year.

The fact that some of our players massively improved under Pete last year gives me hope, but the fact that he's basically never been mentioned after he got here gives me reality.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Freshman - RS
    RS Jr - start
    RS Sr - Start

The fact that some of our players massively improved under Pete last year gives me hope, but the fact that he's basically never been mentioned after he got here gives me reality.
    Since you obviously do watch a lot of football, please give examples of RS-frosh linemen starting over uninjured seniors with 3 years of starting experience.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Freshman - RS
    RS Jr - start
    RS Sr - Start

Since you obviously do watch a lot of football, please give examples of RS-frosh linemen starting over uninjured seniors with 3 years of starting experience.
    Even though you said please, the answer is no.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Bump
    Not totally worthless, they sell a floatie toy of him at most major retailers
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,473
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No one's found my quote yet where I predicted all Pac 12 center.