Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Myles Rice Grey Shirting

Think this leaves UW with room for at least 3 more players this class, maybe up to 6 with Browning, Turner and Manu enrolling early. Curious to see what happens in the next week or if we are expecting a big class next year.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Big class next year
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think the issue is 85 scholarships more than 25 signees.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Big class next year

Thought that initially, but thinking about it more all they are doing is moving Carty and Rice to next year, so it's not really allowing the next class to be bigger. Seems like they might be trying to make room in this class.

I've always been really bad figuring out the grey shirt, early enrolle and regular enrolle stuff. I can never remember how the numbers work for 25 schollies each year. For being TBS I sure am bad at doing the math.

That being said hopefully Rice moves on...
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    HuskyInAZ said:

You know what number we are currently at, I'll check tomorrow if not.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

Sorry, I don't. But If I remember right, our class could be in the low 20s with current EEs and kids already on scholarship. But what the heck do I know.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

HuskyInAZ said:

87 I believe counting Rice and Carty. Neither the 25 initial counter nor the 85 total limit should be an issue. There will be some attrition in the spring.

I bet we end up having room and Carty comes in in the fall.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tough Luck for the kid. Hopefully Rice takes a page from Deontae and causes a fumble against Arizona in 5 years.

I have no facts to back my theory up, but I bet it's hard to keep a grayshirt commit from Texas. A lot of time to think in your hometown.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    What the hell is the point of a grey shirt? Takes a valuable spot; upside? Recruit 25 y/o mormons if your want old dudes.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam

What the hell is the point of a grey shirt? Takes a valuable spot; upside? Recruit 25 y/o mormons if your want old dudes.

Philosophers have debated the true meaning of grayshirt for thousands of years. I believe the greeks inferred it is something a white top becomes after mom goes on laundry strike for a week and you were too lazy to reach for the cum towel.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Philosophers have debated the true meaning of grayshirt for thousands of years. I believe the greeks inferred it is something a white top becomes after mom goes on laundry strike for a week and you were too lazy to reach for the cum towel.
    Touche, but troll on douchebag (hi harv).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Grayshirt with Sark meant there was a 90% chance they weren't coming. I can't see Rice having legitimate opportunities to play elsewhere and I doubt Petersen yanks the scholly. I think Rice comes. I'm pretty sure this was reported right after Rice tore his ACL.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    Rice tore his ACL, so even if he did join the team in July, he'd still be rehabbing his knee and need to redshirt. He'd have 4 years to play 4.

With him greyshirting, he'll join the team in January, have his ACL fully recovered and begin with off-season workouts. He'd have 5 years to play 4, meaning they could redshirt him and develop him further in 2016.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's SMART for both the kid and program to grayshirt a player like Rice who has had an injury that will not allow them to participate throughout most of the season. Why start the clock for no reason?

You can also bring in a player in January and still have the person apply against last year's class if needed.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015

Helps get under the 85 total or 25 per class limit by pushing a player to next years class. However it takes away a scholarship from 2016.

If he tore his ACL, CCP still likes Rice as a prospect, and they need to get under 85/25 this is an easier choice than pulling someone else's ride or booting someone off the team. Rice would just be on crutches doing jack shit anyway. UCLA did the same with Mossi Johnson when he tore his acl in the Semper fi game.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2015
    Let's read to much into this...

This must mean CHRIS WARREN IN THE HOUSE!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

Let's read to much into this...

This must mean CHRIS WARREN IN THE HOUSE!

*too