Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Texas Strategy

dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Swaye's Wigwam
I’m seeing an additional flurry of Tex-ass offers out there today. Typically the only ass I want to talk about on here is partially nude photos... especially those army chicks!!

I’m honestly a fan of the Tex-ass strategy. Petermans going to be a gomer and recruit kids he wants, not who we want him to recruit. If he’s going to do that he’s filtering down options of 5, maybe 6 states.

By adding Tex-ass he’s giving himself even more kids to turn his nose up at.

Somewhere in here is a positive- the names, I love the names of the new offers. He must read this bored.

Comments

• Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We’re fucked!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I hate the Texas strategy. We have kids in our own back yard who are better prospects than the Tejas kids being offered. Waste of tim.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hate the Texas strategy. We have kids in our own back yard who are better prospects than the Tejas kids being offered. Waste of tim.

Well, we’re too busy being too good for them.
    Watch gee and dj be first rounders.
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Or why not California? You know, that well from which we have drawn 60% of our recruits for the last 75 years.

I think Petersen has done fine in WA. Its California where he is striking out compared to previous staffs (with SC and UCLA bumbling around looking for their dicks, no less).
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't mind throwing out Texas offers, there's no harm to it. There's no reason we couldn't just offer the good local players and kids in Texas.

Oregon is doing a great job at supplementing the bottom of their class with the leftovers from across the country. If we can get 1-2 kids a year from Texas to fill out the class that would be great. Obviously don't waste time on the kids that will never come here, but there's value in going after certain guys.

'Coaches spending too much time on Texas', and missing California kids, is just an excuse for bad recruiters. Good recruiters have no problem doing both.

Thank God we have Bonerpop on the job
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

I don't mind throwing out Texas offers, there's no harm to it. There's no reason we couldn't just offer the good local players and kids in Texas.

Oregon is doing a great job at supplementing the bottom of their class with the leftovers from across the country. If we can get 1-2 kids a year from Texas to fill out the class that would be great. Obviously don't waste time on the kids that will never come here, but there's value in going after certain guys.

'Coaches spending too much time on Texas', and missing California kids, is just an excuse for bad recruiters. Good recruiters have no problem doing both.

Thank God we have Bonerpop on the job
    @Domicillo yo, what has you “tilted”?