Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Great works of American fiction: "No Money and Nowhere To Stay - Kaho: The Untold Story"

Note: Loosely based on actual events

Kim Grinolds said... (original post)

He was failing his foreign language classes online. He was here with no money and nowhere to stay. He wasn't going to get in. And before you start ragging on the kid for not getting it done, don't There was a lot going on. He wasn't going to get in to UW. He could go to Oregon or Alabama and not have to worry about retaking the classes. With all the crap going on in Seattle and back home, it was just too much.

A long series of circumstances with plenty of blame to go around, UW wasn't blameless. It was unfortunate. It's be rehashed quite a bit. And honestly, I think most, if they'd had the same circumstances at the time would have made the same decision. It was a messed up deal on all sides. Unfortunately, a 17 year old was put in a bad situation. new city, no money, no place to stay, deaths in his family back home, financial constraints, trying to cram 2 years worth of foreign language classes into a couple of months and not doing well.....

Spilled milk

Next

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If you are an athlete the academic standards are the same for Oregon, Alabama, UW etc.

Very few schools raise bar the bar above the minimum. A few but not many.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He was failing his foreign language classes online. He was here with no money and nowhere to stay. He wasn't going to get in. And before you start ragging on the kid for not getting it done, don't There was a lot going on. He wasn't going to get in to UW. He could go to Oregon or Alabama and not have to worry about retaking the classes. With all the crap going on in Seattle and back home, it was just too much.

A long series of circumstances with plenty of blame to go around, UW wasn't blameless. It was unfortunate. It's be rehashed quite a bit. And honestly, I think most, if they'd had the same circumstances at the time would have made the same decision. It was a messed up deal on all sides. Unfortunately, a 17 year old was put in a bad situation. new city, no money, no place to stay, deaths in his family back home, financial constraints, trying to cram 2 years worth of foreign language classes into a couple of months and not doing well.....

Spilled milk

Next

Kim's not willing to say "Tosh wrote a big enough check"?

I'm *shocked*.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

A story in four parts

Part 1

uwhuskies13 said: Right, and he wanted to play closer to home? Yes, got that too!!

Scott Ektard says in response: Seriously just stop... you have no clue what you're talking about.

Kimmy Grinolds chimes in: That had nothing to do with it.

Part 2

uwhuskies13 comes back with: Scott, that is what was said. He wanted to play closer to home since his parents were divorcing and one of his grandparents passed away.

Scott Ektard retorts: Not by us...we have told this story several times on the message boards. Read what Kim wrote. Again...you really need to stop...you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Part 3

Quotes from the FIRST story result written by Chris Fatters from Doogman247 on August 7, 2018

"A 6-foot-1, 218-pound linebacker, Kaho reportedly had a number of family issues that spurred the transfer in an effort to push him closer to home."

Also by Fatters one day earlier

"Citing family issues and a need to be closer to home, Petersen said the release was unconditional - meaning there's no restrictions on where Kaho can now enroll."

Another article from a Reno newspaper who actually thought Nevada had a shot after he left UW (lmao)

The Reno High graduate on Monday received his release from the University of Washington, a school he signed with in December. Kaho, who went by the first name Brandon in high school, cited a need to be closer to his family after the death of his uncle and aunt and his parents ensuing divorce.

Step 4

Me, spreading my stinky hairy asshole for those three fags to suck the huge white headed blood/pus filled boil placed squarely on my turdcutter.

You should be the inspiration for True Detective Season 4
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Spilled milk

Next

Gifted writing, right there.

JFC, 2 quarters of Spanglish at UW is “too much to ask?” Isn’t this fag from Vegas? I’m sure it was a completely foreign language.

“No place to stay?” Was he sleeping in Snoozalo?

Talk about hyperbole. I could go on, but now I am pissed and need another drink.

Someone needs to tear-end that faggy mini “affordable” Mercedes Kim drives around in with a NW tough logging truck and push into Lake WA at “the Landing”

FTG
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Grinolds is a dumbfuck. Case closed.

Simple fact?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Grinolds is a dumbfuck. Case closed.

Simple fact?
    End of discussion
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

None of this has every made sense to me for three reasons:
    1.) Why was he even in Seattle? We're talking about community college (almost certainly online) language courses. He could have been taking them on Dad's couch in his underwear.
    2.) Why did he have to be taking "two years" worth of language credits in a matter of weeks? I get the kid wanted to enroll in the spring, but why was that such a deal-breaker? The vast majority of recruits still come in in the fall, and it wouldn't have made or broken his position on the roster had he done likewise. He had like eight months to finish the coursework, not a couple of months.
    3.) If things weren't shady, there's no "20 pound weight loss, closer to family" BS. Period. That the kid's camp felt they needed to throw out a bullshit smokescreen as all the proof you need that there wasn't "blame to go around."

1. He came to enroll at UW for summer ball and once he got to campus he found out he wasn't eligible. He couldn't afford a ticket home so obviously he stayed here to complete the class while working out with his teammates.
    2. Nevada Highschoola doesn't require language for graduation and ,once again, no one told him he needed it to be admitted to UW.
    3. He was to prideful to admit he didn't get in and was dealing with some real family issues at the time.

These all were answered by Hopate during interviews with Bama media. I find it very interesting when I was admitted to UW with 0 foriegn language credits on a waiver that I would complete them prior to graduating uw, yet A football player cant get this.
    Any requirements beyond what it takes to get past the NCAA clearinghouse can be waived or delayed by UW.

UW AD regularly works with UW admin to ensure that "special" athletes are taken care and waive the voluntarily requirements that UW imposes on the general student body. This is normal stuff that happens at almost every school. If you meet the NCAA clearinghouse requirements and are a big time recruit the school will/can make exceptions.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Why not be a man and come out and say you blame Pete for losing the kid.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why not be a man and come out and say you blame Pete for losing the kid.

I blame Pete for forbidding coffee cups and consequently losing the fucking kid.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Coffee cups are great until some pissed off parent or kid spills the beans and that kid's dad didn't seem like the type that anybody should trust.