Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Charging to Maximum Doog

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
A starting 5 of
Quade Green, Naziah Carter, Jaylen Nowell (probably will go pro but we'll see), Jaden McDaniels, Isaiah Stewart.
Off the bench: Jamal Bey, Raequan Battle, Sam Timmins and Elijah Hardy.

Most importantly a coach who won't fuck it up... (or at least hasn't done it before)

You can win a national championship with that roster.

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I have a feeling Nowell stays if we land McDaniels. He's a borderline 2nd round pick now, he could use another year of development and some serious free pub on a great team.
  • Options

I think we're underrating how much we'll miss Matisse's defense though, someone will have to step into that role

that lineup would be a lot bigger so I think it would be more of a committee replacement. Losing him is a big loss though. no question.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    That roster isn't winning a national championship. Not nearly enough shooting, for one obvious thing.

It might be a F4 roster if the new guys buy into Hopkin's zone and Carter can handle Thybulle's spot in it though.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    You guys act like McDaniels won’t play at the top of zone at 6”11 with massive wingspan.

Probably won’t be quite as good as Mettise but still effective enough.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If Nowell stays and develops. We could have 3 first rounders in the same draft. Looking forward to a deep run in the NIT.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

You guys act like McDaniels won’t play at the top of zone at 6”11 with massive wingspan.

This. Carter will start at that spot on defense, but they’ll mix in McDaniels 10-15 minutes at the top of the zone a night just to fuck with other teams trying to make adjustments.
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

This. Carter will start at that spot on defense, but they’ll mix in McDaniels 10-15 minutes at the top of the zone a night just to fuck with other teams trying to make adjustments.
    Nah I’ll think they’ll keep him at the top.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Domicillo said:

From preserving offensive energy standpoint I’d hope not. I’d hope they’d distribute the top of the zone defense between Carter, McDaniels and Nowell. That being said we’re now building the whole carriage before the horse gets here.
  • Options

Domicillo said:

No fucking way
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dhdawg said:

A starting 5 of
    Quade Green, Naziah Carter, Jaylen Nowell (probably will go pro but we'll see), Jaden McDaniels, Isaiah Stewart.

Most importantly a coach who won't fuck it up... (or at least hasn't done it before)

Next Season Natty?
  • Options

Domicillo said:

No fucking way
    He’ll probably rotate from the top and bottom of the zone now that I think more about it. Need people to clean the glass.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

A starting 5 of

Where’s my boy Hameir? 🥺
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's basketball, who cares? It's not real life, like football.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,566
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Naz isn't as long as Thybulle but he is athletic as fuck. Being in the system for a third year should also make him a prime candidate to replace MT at the top of the defense. By the middle of the year I could see JMcD spelling him when he goes to the bench or when the personnel dictates (Nowell, Green or Hardy on the floor together).
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

dhdawg said:

A starting 5 of

Where’s my boy Hameir? 🥺
    he sucks. we're gonna have a lot of bigs next year but he may still have a role.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    dhdawg said:

Domicillo said:

dhdawg said:

A starting 5 of

Where’s my boy Hameir? 🥺
    he sucks. we're gonna have a lot of bigs next year but he may still have a role.
    I think Hop highly values his defense.

He’ll have a big role IMO. Big candidate to take a major step forward too.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

A starting 5 of
    Off the bench: Jamal Bey, Raequan Battle, Sam Timmins, Elijah Hardy and Stump Van Nostrom.