Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Times-Picayune headline of blown call in Saints-Rams game

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    It was bang bang in real time and the refs didn't have a clear view. They erred on the side of letting them play.

It's one thing to bitch about a flag that shouldn't have been thrown...but crying for a flag because you're desperate for a first down is a whole 'nother level of pussiness.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

It was bang bang in real time and the refs didn't have a clear view. They erred on the side of letting them play.

It's one thing to bitch about a flag that shouldn't have been thrown...but crying for a flag because you're desperate for a first down is a whole 'nother level of pussiness.

wasn't bang bang though. It was painfully obvious in real time. And I say this as someone who loathes Sean Payton
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2019
    He was there like 0.3 seconds early. I'm not gonna say it wasn't a penalty but I have seen much more blatantly obvious instances of pass interference than that.

When you consider the angle the refs had, it's not too hard to see why they didn't throw the flag.

Founders Club

He was there like 0.3 seconds early. I'm not gonna say it wasn't a penalty but I have seen much more blatantly obvious instances of pass interference than that.

When you consider the angle the refs had, it's not too hard to see why they didn't throw the flag.

we will agree to disagree.
    Standard Supporter

The receiver didn't even act like there was an obvious penalty. Neither did the announcers. It wasn't until people saw the replay from different angles and in slow motion that it became more obvious. Even Mike Pereira used the term bang bang.

Okay, now I'm ready to agree to disagree.
    Founders Club

The receiver didn't even act like there was an obvious penalty. Neither did the announcers. It wasn't until people saw the replay from different angles and in slow motion that it became more obvious. Even Mike Pereira used the term bang bang.

Okay, now I'm ready to agree to disagree.
    fuck you if you think I'm going to give you the last word!!1!!! @1!!
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2019

.3 seconds is a long ass time given the circumstances. The Saints were in the red zone, so the field was condensed. This was also an obvious passing down. If this occurred 40 yards down field, I get it. But there is no excuse for missing that play. As a ref, he has to be better at his job.

I'm also a Steeler fan, so I really don't care who wins this thing, but watching as a casual observer, that no call is a fireable offense.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I hate you so much, that words can't describe

You have ruined more days for me than anybody

I wish you a long miserable death

But damn it...I have to give you props on the troll job. That right there is GOAT off the field material.

I hate you Tom Brady, but I respect you.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

wasn't bang bang though. It was painfully obvious in real time. And I say this as someone who loathes Sean Payton
    He’s a pill head version of Sark, except he’s a much better coach.