Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Noa Ngalu, 2019 3* DT, Menlo Park (Menlo-Atherton), CA (COMMITTED)

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Some 1 on 1 highlights at the end of the video. Guy has VIOLENT hands is very quick twitch:

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/2019-Polynesian-Bowl-Team-Makai-OL-vs-DL-one-on-one-highlights-127892718/

We might really regret letting Ma'ae go to Oregon.
    Dawg..... I get what you’re saying and all, but dawg, Laiatu Muhfuccin Latu.

Plus Ma’ae went to Gorman and I think he’s just more developed than these guys he’s going up against. Still good but we got like a generational talent.
    I think having developed some pass rush moves already is a good thing. Some guys look the part but never develop. I think Latu is a bigger talent than Benning was, but Benning looked physically dominant in high school too, and he has just never learned to pass rush.

Ma'ae is obviously a lot less powerful than Latu, and may be more of a Sam than a Buck. He's faster though, and more developed as a pass rusher, which is not a bad thing. Falling in love with untapped potential can be a trap sometimes. Good players will always be good players though.

Either way it's not a Latu vs. Ma'ae thing. I wanted both. And I would have taken Ma'ae over Trice in a heartbeat. I also would have taken all three.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Some 1 on 1 highlights at the end of the video. Guy has VIOLENT hands is very quick twitch:

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/2019-Polynesian-Bowl-Team-Makai-OL-vs-DL-one-on-one-highlights-127892718/

Plus Ma’ae went to Gorman and I think he’s just more developed than these guys he’s going up against. Still good but we got like a generational talent.
    I think having developed some pass rush moves already is a good thing. Some guys look the part but never develop. I think Latu is a bigger talent than Benning was, but Benning looked physically dominant in high school too, and he has just never learned to pass rush.

Ma'ae is obviously a lot less powerful than Latu, and may be more of a Sam than a Buck. He's faster though, and more developed as a pass rusher, which is not a bad thing. Falling in love with untapped potential can be a trap sometimes. Good players will always be good players though.

Either way it's not a Latu vs. Ma'ae thing. I wanted both. And I would have taken Ma'ae over Trice in a heartbeat. I also would have taken all three.
    Agree.

Still a fantastic edge rusher class for us without him, would be even better with him obviously.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Agree with depth but where I’m not upset is that we closed our first offers if we do that, good kids are gonna go places but we did that at OLB & DT. It’s how it should be at WR where Joe Ngata and Kyle Ford should be going to UDUB & you live with Bru McCoy leaving. My point is Ma’ae isn’t anywhere near that kind of loss so the feeling of damn I miss goes down even tho I want UDUB to monopolize talent.

I could nerd out on pass rush stuff and talk about timing vs moves and go on but I just Ma’ae looks a lot closer to his ceiling and that’s not saying he’s not good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Agree with depth but where I’m not upset is that we closed our first offers if we do that, good kids are gonna go places but we did that at OLB & DT. It’s how it should be at WR where Joe Ngata and Kyle Ford should be going to UDUB & you live with Bru McCoy leaving. My point is Ma’ae isn’t anywhere near that kind of loss so the feeling of damn I miss goes down even tho I want UDUB to monopolize talent.

I could nerd out on pass rush stuff and talk about timing vs moves and go on but I just Ma’ae looks a lot closer to his ceiling and that’s not saying he’s not good.
    Benning never got to his ceiling
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Unless it's a WR/CB/S I just assume we won't be getting them.

This aged well
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I feel bad for

Unless it's a WR/CB/S I just assume we won't be getting them.

This aged well
    I was just trolling!!