Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Speaking of failing upwards

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Linehan

Linehan coached at UW under Lambo in the 90's and was part of the Erickson Gilby Idaho mafia.

He sucked although I'm sure pumpy loved him. He was our? OC 96-98. He got fired with Lambo

Actually landed a NFL head coaching job in 06. Has always been employed and never done shit. Its amazing how that works. But he was a genius too with his offense.

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Was he the one that was DJ (ILTCHDJ)’s son in law?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam

Relating To James -- Son-In-Law Facing Tough Comparisons As Offensive Chief
    By Dick Rockne

Jeff Woodruff can't win. Or if he can, chances are he can't win enough.

For Woodruff to be considered a complete success in his new job as offensive coordinator for the University of Washington football team, the Huskies need a perfect record, as they had last season when Keith Gilbertson called the plays.

Much less and instead of being called offensive coordinator, Woodruff will be called Don James' son-in-law. Which he has been for 16 years.

Jim Heckman was too
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I remember linehan fluffing for his short passing game offense that for some reason was praised. He was fucking terrible. I hated linehan. His offense sucked.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2019
    jecornel said:

I remember linehan fluffing for his short passing game offense that for some reason was praised. He was fucking terrible. I hated linehan. His offense sucked.

Wasn't he the oc for the Corey Dillon and 97 season? That offense was good, but then if I remember right they wanted to immulate the Montana spread offense with a ton of white tight ends and try hard wr's.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Dillon was 96 and was on the bench for the loss to ASU and ND then finally became the starter

Ran all over CU in the Holiday Bowl first half so of course we threw it all over the field and lost in the second half. They weren't expecting that

Sounds like dawg sense to me.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019
    biak1 said:

Dillon was 96 and was on the bench for the loss to ASU and ND then finally became the starter

Ran all over CU in the Holiday Bowl first half so of course we threw it all over the field and lost in the second half. They weren't expecting that

Sounds like dawg sense to me.
    Lambo good at everything!

@puppylove_sugarsteel
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    Linehan came out of the Erickson/Gilbertson Idaho Vandal lineage.

He was almost universally hated in college as the starting QB. He got hurt and the Vandals subsequently beat PAC10 Oregon State with his backup in what was the then biggest win in that schools history.

Linehan is Sark before Sark was Sark.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club

He was almost universally hated in college as the starting QB. He got hurt and the Vandals subsequently beat PAC10 Oregon State with his backup in what was the then biggest win in that schools history.

Yeah, but that was not a ranked Oregon State team.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Relating To James -- Son-In-Law Facing Tough Comparisons As Offensive Chief
    By Dick Rockne

Jeff Woodruff can't win. Or if he can, chances are he can't win enough.

For Woodruff to be considered a complete success in his new job as offensive coordinator for the University of Washington football team, the Huskies need a perfect record, as they had last season when Keith Gilbertson called the plays.

Much less and instead of being called offensive coordinator, Woodruff will be called Don James' son-in-law. Which he has been for 16 years.

Jim Heckman was too

They all look alike
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

#myVandals were once upon a Tim co-champions of the Pac8.

Beating Oregon State wasn't their biggest win. Ask @RaceBannon, he was there.