Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What my developing mind has learned about the future of our kicking woes

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Bread said:

Sorry to break it to you but Aj Carty is a 2019 senior he wont be playing with Horn. It was a bit concerning we have 0 threads on the ls situation. But I'm pretty confident in the two guys the staff is looking at. Dennis and Coker are holding back info on our 2019 ls commit. Probably saving it to headline BDTW grand opening. Also we need a scholarship holder that has been a much bigger issue then snapping. Anyone know if Chris Sailer holder academy is starting soon?

Not all true with the holder situation. A good D1 snapper at, idk, a top 10 100 program, SHOULD BE ABLE TO SNAP PERFECT FUCKING LACES, making the holding job really quite easy. Horn baely uses any lean on his kicks, slightly left, so the holder (With a good snap) just has to put the ball down and barely bend it inward if at all.
    Long snapping is important, but I don’t worry about it. That said, I don’t care enough to get into the intricitaces of snapping.
    Hence why UW lost out on Jack Landherr ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It’s a nice ego boost to know I was the reason UW lost Jack Landherr (who?)
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Bread said:

Sorry to break it to you but Aj Carty is a 2019 senior he wont be playing with Horn. It was a bit concerning we have 0 threads on the ls situation. But I'm pretty confident in the two guys the staff is looking at. Dennis and Coker are holding back info on our 2019 ls commit. Probably saving it to headline BDTW grand opening. Also we need a scholarship holder that has been a much bigger issue then snapping. Anyone know if Chris Sailer holder academy is starting soon?

Not all true with the holder situation. A good D1 snapper at, idk, a top 10 100 program, SHOULD BE ABLE TO SNAP PERFECT FUCKING LACES, making the holding job really quite easy. Horn baely uses any lean on his kicks, slightly left, so the holder (With a good snap) just has to put the ball down and barely bend it inward if at all.
    Long snapping is important, but I don’t worry about it. That said, I don’t care enough to get into the intricitaces of snapping.
    Hence why UW lost out on Jack Landherr ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The program is over
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    theLSkid said:

I fucking love special teams ed. Tim Horn is the answer to our problems in the kicking game, there, I said it. I'm the youngest member of this bored and have been quiet the past few months during my own JC football season. Tim Horn is a legend on O'ahu, a story one of my teammates told me (a member of the kānaka ʻōiwi tribe), Tim Horn was age 12, at a high school football halftime 'contest', Horn nailed a 50 yard field goal. Every school on the island recruited him to come play for their team, his current HS is a prep school and he was given a full schlarship to play there (Very common at prep schools *Cough St. Louis Cough*). I'm not saying that he will personally get us a Natty, but he will own the UW kicking records by the end of his time at UW if AJ Cunty can figure out how to snap perfect fucking laces. Last but not least, fire gregory.

Fetters posted a video of him practicing yesterday. I think he went like 1/10 in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ9dm_hkxXE
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

theLSkid said:

I fucking love special teams ed. Tim Horn is the answer to our problems in the kicking game, there, I said it. I'm the youngest member of this bored and have been quiet the past few months during my own JC football season. Tim Horn is a legend on O'ahu, a story one of my teammates told me (a member of the kānaka ʻōiwi tribe), Tim Horn was age 12, at a high school football halftime 'contest', Horn nailed a 50 yard field goal. Every school on the island recruited him to come play for their team, his current HS is a prep school and he was given a full schlarship to play there (Very common at prep schools *Cough St. Louis Cough*). I'm not saying that he will personally get us a Natty, but he will own the UW kicking records by the end of his time at UW if AJ Cunty can figure out how to snap perfect fucking laces. Last but not least, fire gregory.

Fetters posted a video of him practicing yesterday. I think he went like 1/10 in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ9dm_hkxXE
    OKK
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

theLSkid said:

Yikes, if his intent was to make them, which it appears to be. I have worked with kickers who use this drill, we referred to it as sideline smashing, to try and go left and right in order to improve accuracy but this doesn't look like that. I stand by my original statement, he's gonna be great.