Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump Must Be a Russian Agent; the Alternative Is Too Awful

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
https://www.wired.com/story/president-trump-mueller-russia-agent-putin/

THE PATTERN OF his pro-Putin, pro-Russia, anti-FBI, anti-intelligence community actions are so one-sided, and the lies and obfuscation surrounding every single Russian meeting and conversation are so consistent, that if this president isn’t actually hiding a massive conspiracy, it means the alternative is worse: America elected a chief executive so oblivious to geopolitics, so self-centered and personally insecure, so naturally predisposed to undermine democratic institutions and coddle authoritarians, and so terrible a manager and leader, that he cluelessly surrounded himself with crooks, grifters, and agents of foreign powers, compromising the national security of the US government and undermining 75 years of critical foreign alliances, just to satiate his own ego.

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Took 2 minutes to bring up Obama. I miss the days of republicans crying that democrats can’t just bring up Bush all the time.
  • Options

https://www.wired.com/story/president-trump-mueller-russia-agent-putin/

THE PATTERN OF his pro-Putin, pro-Russia, anti-FBI, anti-intelligence community actions are so one-sided, and the lies and obfuscation surrounding every single Russian meeting and conversation are so consistent, that if this president isn’t actually hiding a massive conspiracy, it means the alternative is worse: America elected a chief executive so oblivious to geopolitics, so self-centered and personally insecure, so naturally predisposed to undermine democratic institutions and coddle authoritarians, and so terrible a manager and leader, that he cluelessly surrounded himself with crooks, grifters, and agents of foreign powers, compromising the national security of the US government and undermining 75 years of critical foreign alliances, just to satiate his own ego.

Sounds like the last guy.
    Disagree. But is there any way Trump supporters can defend him without bringing up Hillary and Obama? If there is, I haven't seen it before.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Took 2 minutes to bring up Obama. I miss the days of republicans crying that democrats can’t just bring up Bush all the time.

Did you complain?

The OP is laughable

Trump is way tougher on Russia than Obama

Its germane to the lunacy in that article

Lot of shit posting today and it looks like hondo got fired and @insinceredawg got hired
  • Options

Did you complain?

The OP is laughable

Lot of shit posting today and it looks like hondo got fired and @insinceredawg got hired
    LOL

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2019
    That does it, Insincere just "won" this argument. He posted a meme.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meh, if you didn't notice I consider the modern GOP a bunch of statists too just of a different flavor. Foreign policy-wise I find it entertaining the reversals that the Left constantly makes with what their standards are or what they care about. Say what you want about the Right being jingoistic but at least they are more or less consistent in their "America First!" branding.

[We needed to "reset" on Russia, we should engage with Russia!, Russia is the neuw boogeyman! I still can't get my reads down on if Crimea matters or if it's a "regional" matter.

China is a threat! Resenter to the PAcIfiC! They are a currency manipulator! We should protect the American worker! Trade wars are bad! Free Trade! China is our biggest partner! Don't mind the Chinese funds sloshing around in our campaign funds or relative's businesses or that my driver is a Chinese spy.]

• Options
    Standard Supporter

It's kind of hard not to bring up Obama when what was described sounds a lot like Obama.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did you complain?

The OP is laughable

LOL

Why would we bring up Obama?

• Options
    SFGbob said:

It's kind of hard not to bring up Obama when what was described sounds a lot like Obama.

Oh yeah? Tell us about why that description sounds like Obama and not your fat orange idol.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Obama kissed Putin's ass for the first six years of his Presidency. Russia hacked our State Dept our Defense Dept. and the White House all on Obama's watch. He did nothing in response.

Obama opposed fracking and restricted drilling on public lands. A policy the Russians loved. Obama overturned nearly 50 years of bi-partisan US foreign policy to keep the Russians out of the Middle East and invited Putin to intervene in Syria.

One of Obama's first moves when he took over in 2009 was to remove the sanctions that had been imposed on Russia by the Bush Administration. Obama blamed the Bush Administration for much of the tension between the US and Russia and promoted the "reset" in US/Russia relations.

Also in 2009 Obama unilaterally canceled the missile defense systems that both the Poles and the Czechs had already agreed to host, on account of Putin's opposition. And of course who can forget Obama's promise of greater "flexibility" after the election he promised to the Russians. That "flexibility" was also on the issue of missile defense something that Putin opposed and Obama was more than happy to provide for him.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Oh yeah? Tell us about why that description sounds like Obama and not your fat orange idol.
    I just did dumbfuck
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Obama kissed Putin's ass for the first six years of his Presidency. Russia hacked our State Dept our Defense Dept. and the White House all on Obama's watch. He did nothing in response.

Obama opposed fracking and restricted drilling on public lands. A policy the Russians loved. Obama overturned nearly 50 years of bi-partisan US foreign policy to keep the Russians out of the Middle East and invited Putin to intervene in Syria.

One of Obama's first moves when he took over in 2009 was to remove the sanctions that had been imposed on Russia by the Bush Administration. Obama blamed the Bush Administration for much of the tension between the US and Russia and promoted the "reset" in US/Russia relations.

Also in 2009 Obama unilaterally canceled the missile defense systems that both the Poles and the Czechs had already agreed to host, on account of Putin's opposition. And of course who can forget Obama's promise of greater "flexibility" after the election he promised to the Russians. That "flexibility" was also on the issue of missile defense something that Putin opposed and Obama was more than happy to provide for him.

And despite all that, Trump is still softer on Russia.

-He's defended Russia multiple occasions and questioned publicly if they interfered with the election or not. He even stood on the stage in Helsinki and chose Putin's word over our own intelligence agencies.
    -He's delayed imposing sanctions on Russia for as long as he can and is currently trying to remove sanctions on a Putin ally.
    -He's been hostile towards NATO
    -He shared sensitive intel to the Russian ambassador in the Oval Office
    -He tried to invite Putin to the WH
    -He's pulling US troops out of Syria giving the Russians free reign
    -He's repeated Russian propaganda talking points on Afghanistan

And on top of all that, he's been under investigation for over 2 years by the FBI/Special Counsel regarding collusion with the Russians. But sure, let's ignore all that and talk about Hillary and Obama.
  • Options

Meh, if you didn't notice I consider the modern GOP a bunch of statists too just of a different flavor. Foreign policy-wise I find it entertaining the reversals that the Left constantly makes with what their standards are or what they care about. Say what you want about the Right being jingoistic but at least they are more or less consistent in their "America First!" branding.

[We needed to "reset" on Russia, we should engage with Russia!, Russia is the neuw boogeyman! I still can't get my reads down on if Crimea matters or if it's a "regional" matter.

China is a threat! Resenter to the PAcIfiC! They are a currency manipulator! We should protect the American worker! Trade wars are bad! Free Trade! China is our biggest partner! Don't mind the Chinese funds sloshing around in our campaign funds or relative's businesses or that my driver is a Chinese spy.]

I think those are fair points.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

-He's defended Russia multiple occasions and questioned publicly if they interfered with the election or not. He even stood on the stage in Helsinki and chose Putin's word over our own intelligence agencies.
    -He's delayed imposing sanctions on Russia for as long as he can and is currently trying to remove sanctions on a Putin ally.

And on top of all that, he's been under investigation for over 2 years by the FBI/Special Counsel regarding collusion with the Russians. But sure, let's ignore all that and talk about Hillary and Obama.
    I'm just glad that we now all care about being TUFF on foreign authoritarian regimes. We can all agree that we shouldn't allow foreign powers to meddle in our elections and there should be "big" consequences for doing so.

So we are all on board with sanctions against Russia whether they meddled from the Left or the Right? Great!

And we are all on board with a trade war against China until their continuing efforts to undermine our Democracy cease, right? Great!
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937

Say what you want about the Right being jingoistic but at least they are more or less consistent in their "America First!" branding.

“Say what you will about cavalierly going in to Iraq based on the premise that Americans can’t differentiate Muslims, and getting hundreds of thousands of people killed, it’s more or less consistent!”
  • Options
    And actually the latter part of the original post is more correct. Trump is just too stupid to come up with some mastermind plan to collude with Russia.
  • Options

Say what you want about the Right being jingoistic but at least they are more or less consistent in their "America First!" branding.

“Say what you will about cavalierly going in to Iraq based on the premise that Americans can’t differentiate Muslims, and getting hundreds of thousands of people killed, it’s more or less consistent!”
    I think you’re missing how important the use of the word “branding” was in that sentence.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

SFGbob said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/president-obama-defends-flexibility-remarks-to-medvedev/2012/03/27/gIQA2GKZdS_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.45bf46b39864
    https://antiguaobserver.com/kerry-defends-syria-deal-with-russia-says-obama-backs-plan/

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/03/05/dont-rehabilitate-obama-on-russia/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/10/world/middleeast/obama-criticizes-the-free-riders-among-americas-allies.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-offers-to-share-syria-intelligence-on-terrorists-with-russia/2016/06/30/483a2afe-3eec-11e6-84e8-1580c7db5275_story.html?utm_term=.7dcd4ce72abf
    https://kfiam640.iheart.com/content/2017-05-17-obama-offered-isis-intelligence-to-russia/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/9297563/Vladimir-Putin-rejects-Barack-Obama-offer-to-attend-White-House.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/obama-all-but-invited-putins-bombing-of-syria-2015-10

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/07/obama.moscow/index.html

Reaching HondoFS levels now...
  • Options

I think you’re missing how important the use of the word “branding” was in that sentence.
    Right but I’d also say that “America First” isn’t anti-war or anti-interventionist. So the associated branding is incorrect. All the anti-UN, anti-internationalist sentiment was present in the run-up to the Iraq war with all the “America alone” horseshit.