Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wow...Ducks might get Sophser

GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
The brother of 5* prospect, Ishmael Sophser anyway. Would be one heckuva (lol) consolation prize when Ish picks LSU and they magically run out of space for his dingleberry klingon brother

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2019
    Since LSU offered Rodney too, I’m assuming they’ll go to the same school.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Good for them.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Since LSU offered Rodney too, I’m assuming they’ll go to the same school.

It will be special for big bro to watch little bro from the sidelines and not from the stands.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Recruiting 2* Juco’s After early signing day is a skrong indication of Coach desperation

Recruiting 2* Juco’s After early signing day is a skrong indication of Coach desperation

They don’t want the 2* but are willing to take the 2* if the 5* comes with him.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Package deal with D'Anthony Thomas?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

The ole 7* combo.

Like taking two 3.5*s.

#ScoDucks
    edited January 2019

The ole 7* combo.

Like taking two 3.5*s.

#ScoDucks
    Not really. The 2* probably won't play. So, you're basically using two schollys for a 5* recruit. If you have to do that to get 1 or 2 of them, it's worth it. If you do that for a quarter of the roster, then depth becomes a major problem.

The ole 7* combo.

Like taking two 3.5*s.

#ScoDucks
    Not really. The 2* probably won't play. So, you're basically using two schollys for a 5* recruit. If you have to do that to get 1 or 2 of them, it's worth it. If you do that for a quarter of the roster, then depth becomes a major problem.
    I know i'm just fucking with you.

I agree its worth it, mostly because the 2 star is only going to eat up a scholly for 2 years.

The ole 7* combo.

Like taking two 3.5*s.

#ScoDucks

I agree its worth it, mostly because the 2 star is only going to eat up a scholly for 2 years.
    Also, look at how many times coaches surprise some walk-on player with a token scholly after their junior year.

The ole 7* combo.

Like taking two 3.5*s.

#ScoDucks

Also, look at how many times coaches surprise some walk-on player with a token scholly after their junior year.
    That's a little different though because a) they are rewarding a kid who has put in a lot of time and effort for the program. Giving that kid a scholly is good for morale, motivating the younger walk ons, etc. b) more importantly, that shit happens after attrition, kids fail to qualify etc when the coach knows he's sitting on an extra scholarship. No one is doing that in January when they are trying to sign talented kids on to fill up those schollies.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Worth it.

High end sports or luxury car and a moped or two Honda accords.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

Worth it.

Trick question. The obvious answer is 50 mopeds. Or, even better, like five of the world's most awesome mopeds. My point is that two Accords buys you a LOT of moped out there, guys.

The ole 7* combo.

Like taking two 3.5*s.

#ScoDucks

except when the shitty brother doesn't play, does the good brother transfer with him?

seems to be the new thing. don't like you PT? transfer.

I know these two things to be true:

The ghost of Calvin Coolidge could come back and take a shit in Sledog's mouth, and he's ask for moar; and

Oregon could sign the second coming of John Elway, and @StrongArmCobra would argue with great conviction that (1) he's not really that good and (2) UW has 5 guys who are better.

Considering the not as good brother is a JUCO player, the odds of transferring aren’t very high.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Worth it.

Trick question. The obvious answer is 50 mopeds. Or, even better, like five of the world's most awesome mopeds. My point is that two Accords buys you a LOT of moped out there, guys.

You can't get high class pussy with Honda accords or 50 mopeds!

Poon tang is the goal by which all recruiting is judged by. Poonie tang baby!
    edited January 2019

The good brother demanded that his sucky brother get offered too otherwise he wouldn't consider that school. LSU fell for it but Bama wasn't playing that game. Pretty obvious that Oregon would be willing to play that game too.

Bama doesn't need to. They can choose any 4-5 star they want.

Most schools would do it however
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The good brother demanded that his sucky brother get offered too otherwise he wouldn't consider that school. LSU fell for it but Bama wasn't playing that game. Pretty obvious that Oregon would be willing to play that game too.

Pretty obvious Oregon ain't Bama.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

The ole 7* combo.

Like taking two 3.5*s.

#ScoDucks

I don’t see Alabama doing this. I see Saban using the scholarship to award to another 4-5* high school kid