Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tosh Lupoi

2»

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019
    CaptainPJ said:

Passion said:

CaptainPJ said:

Passion said:

CaptainPJ said:

If the NCAA weren’t chasing the “me too” tornado, his job title alone at Alabama would be all needed to drop the hammer.
    What a fucking joke.

?
    Why the fuck do you think he is on staff as DC, dipshit?

It’s clearly not due to his coaching ability, and he and that other dipshit coach on staff from Wazzu pretty much told us so at the Pre-game presser
    because he is arguably the best recruiter in the nation
    Christ.

We’re done here
    I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at, but are you actually implying that the only reason for Tosh’s recruiting success is because he pays off players? Of course there’s little doubt that he does that, but that’s only to enhance his results. The guy straight up knows how to sell a program and relate to athletes on a personal level. He has talent. That talent just doesn’t translate to on-field coaching.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    jecornel said:
    Warren Sharp is really good
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

CaptainPJ said:

Passion said:

CaptainPJ said:

Passion said:

CaptainPJ said:

If the NCAA weren’t chasing the “me too” tornado, his job title alone at Alabama would be all needed to drop the hammer.
    What a fucking joke.

?
    Why the fuck do you think he is on staff as DC, dipshit?

It’s clearly not due to his coaching ability, and he and that other dipshit coach on staff from Wazzu pretty much told us so at the Pre-game presser
    because he is arguably the best recruiter in the nation
    Christ.

We’re done here
    I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at, but are you actually implying that the only reason for Tosh’s recruiting success is because he pays off players? Of course there’s little doubt that he does that, but that’s only to enhance his results. The guy straight up knows how to sell a program and relate to athletes on a personal level. He has talent. That talent just doesn’t translate to on-field coaching.
    No. The “ Me Too tornado “ comment suggests he meant something else.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    To say what?

Tosh isn’t even close to DC material, and the only reason he has the title is to pay recruits from the WC to come to Bama.

I know you’re a fucking dolt, but I didn’t think I had to spoon feed it to you.
  • Options
    CaptainPJ said:

To say what?

Tosh isn’t even close to DC material, and the only reason he has the title is to pay recruits from the WC to come to Bama.

I know you’re a fucking dolt, but I didn’t think I had to spoon feed it to you.

He has the title because he can recruit, and Saban doesn’t give a shit that he sometimes uses extra curricular means to sign a guy. It’s fucktarded to suggest that he’s only risen to DC because he pays players. The dude is the best recruiter in the country with or without payments.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    And that makes him DC material?

JFC - enough
  • Options
    CaptainPJ said:

And that makes him DC material?

JFC - enough

No, literally everyone in this thread agrees on that point and that he’s a shitty DC.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    He would go straight to Oregon.
    Say what you want about their attitude and dirty recruiting. But moral or immoral it's a problem for us
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,957
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He can croot, with Kawasaki running it. But I think Tosh needs a bag man which is a nono

Bags are so 2007

Tosh is a Starbucks venti guy to the core.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dhdawg said:

He would go straight to Oregon.
    Say what you want about their attitude and dirty recruiting. But moral or immoral it's a problem for us

Holy shit you are a doog. I mean, at least acknowledge that the brown bag of $$ came from his time with Washington.
  • Options
    jecornel said:
    Not defending Lupoi, whom I've always suspected rose to his current heights a little too fast.

But considering that, and considering Sark, and if we take it as axiomatic that good coaches hire good staffs, how do those two get by Saban? Can Alabama not pull in better coordinators? Is it a blind spot for Saban to want young guys around so he can scream and yell at them?

Why does the arguably best coach in the game hire dipshits for such key roles?

Not axing for a fren. It's a head scratcher. Recruiting? Does Alabama need an ace recruiter like Oregon and Washington do? No. They need to recruit, but not so desperately that you'd have a dummy for your O and D coordinator positions.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:
    Not defending Lupoi, whom I've always suspected rose to his current heights a little too fast.

But considering that, and considering Sark, and if we take it as axiomatic that good coaches hire good staffs, how do those two get by Saban? Can Alabama not pull in better coordinators? Is it a blind spot for Saban to want young guys around so he can scream and yell at them?

Not axing for a fren. It's a head scratcher. Recruiting? Does Alabama need an ace recruiter like Oregon and Washington do? No. They need to recruit, but not so desperately that you'd have a dummy for your O and D coordinator positions.
    Today's stat

Over the 4 years Bama has lost 13 assistants and Clemson 2

Bama has lost coordinators Clemson hasn't
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

jecornel said:

Today's stat

Bama ran a couple of them off, but that's a pretty amazing stat.
  • Options

jecornel said:

Today's stat

Kirby Smart was a good D coordinator, and he was lost to a head coaching gig. That will happen.

But yeah, the only constant in Tuscaloosa is Nick Saban.

I think they will be pissed and focused next year. Would't want to play them, unless of course this turns out to be the marker of the beginning of the fall of Rome.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Word is Georgia is trying to steal him for their open DC job. Nobody gives a fuck his Bama defense just got rolled like no other Bama defense under Saban ever has. Motherfucker is the teen boy whisperer. College football is an arms race for talent. Nothing else matters.

ISAFNRC
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    St Tosh Day Massacre was a great day in Husky TBS stocking history and I’m sure this place went fucking nuts.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We had one bag man on the staff. He was an up-and-coming position coach and possible coordinator. After 2 years with Chris Peterson he quits football all together