Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

He Needed Mor Tim

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Only took Dabo 8.5 seasons for NT #1 and 10.5 season for NT #2. For my money he’s the best corch in the country now.

Comments

• longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Good job on duck board ....Christoballin
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,721
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    6 is greater than 2
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

6 is greater than 2

2 > 1
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

6 is greater than 2

6 is much greater than 2, especially when considering he's won titles at two programs under turn around scenarios.

Saban had a bad game last night and really fucked up by turning the defense over to Lupoi. After last night, I'm guessing he'll keep Tosh around to distribute coffee cups and as a sacrificial "rogue" for the NCAA when/if they ever choose to look under the hood, but he will ultimately turn the defense over to a competent DC.
    Swaye's Wigwam

6 is greater than 2

6 is much greater than 2, especially when considering he's won titles at two programs under turn around scenarios.

Saban had a bad game last night and really fucked up by turning the defense over to Lupoi. After last night, I'm guessing he'll keep Tosh around to distribute coffee cups and as a sacrificial "rogue" for the NCAA when/if they ever choose to look under the hood, but he will ultimately turn the defense over to a competent DC.
    Look, I am not saying Saban isnt the best coach of the modern era so don’t twist. But he’s the only coach to win a NT at a Tier ii, non blue blood (outside of the SEC) since UW, CU and GA tech in the early 90s. And he’s done it twice now and during the CFP era. This is truly remarkable.
    Swaye's Wigwam

6 is greater than 2

2 = 2
    Swaye's Wigwam

6 is greater than 2

2 = 2
    World championship game wins > Semi Final Wins
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Two titles each. 2 wins each
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

6 is greater than 2

Look, I am not saying Saban isnt the best coach of the modern era so don’t twist. But he’s the only coach to win a NT at a Tier ii, non blue blood (outside of the SEC) since UW, CU and GA tech in the early 90s. And he’s done it twice now and during the CFP era. This is truly remarkable.
    I agree that building what he built at Clemson is harder than doing it at Alabama because of brand. But at the end of the day, it's a program that's in the right region of the country for recruiting. Give him all the credit, but 6 is a Yuge number. Yuge.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

6 is greater than 2

Kudo's to Swinney and his staff for pulling some damned good talent together and coaching it up. They put on a clinic last night, made Bama look bad in the process. That said, I think there's been an over reaction to what happened. Swinney is not (yet) Saban. Those are some very big shoes to fill.