Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5-7 USC still more appealing than 10-4 UW
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Kyle Ford chose chillin in the sun and being rich as hell as a USC alum over winning and being pushed to be the best possible person he could be. The longer you blame the kid for choosing that and not the coach who couldn’t sell the start of a dynasty, with a great education, in a major city of Seattle, the longer you will be Doogs.

I just want him to break his fucking leg. Or neck. Or back. It's spinal.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    Yes because a head coach has control over whether or not a kicker makes a game winning field goal. Petersen also lost to Clay Helton when Helton had Darnold. Doesn't say shit about Petersen. A massive disadvantage at the QB position is bound to cost you games. Even with that disadvantage, UW should have won the game. But hey, I'll take a conference championship with a shit QB and stagnant offense all day long. Petersen's the coach of the year in my eyes.

You bragging about Oregon maybe being first loser for Kyle Ford is interesting considering Pittman and Delgado are UW leftovers.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Yes because a head coach has control over whether or not a kicker makes a game winning field goal. Petersen also lost to Clay Helton when Helton had Darnold. Doesn't say shit about Petersen. A massive disadvantage at the QB position is bound to cost you games. Even with that disadvantage, UW should have won the game. But hey, I'll take a conference championship with a shit QB and stagnant offense all day long. Petersen's the coach of the year in my eyes.

You bragging about Oregon maybe being first loser for Kyle Ford is interesting considering Pittman and Delgado are UW leftovers.

Head coach has control over when to keep running the ball down the opponent's throat or when to give up and settle for a missable field goal attempt you stupid fucking doog.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It’s easy to play Monday Morning QB

If the strategy works nobody complains

When it misses turn everything over and blow it up

There are consequences to behaviors and strategies
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735

Head coach has control over when to keep running the ball down the opponent's throat or when to give up and settle for a missable field goal attempt you stupid fucking doog.
    They were in easy field goal territory. Run the ball again and risk a botched hand off, tackle for loss, or a fumble like Oregon had versus Stanford. Either way the kicker missed the fucking kick. No coach has control over that.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Tequilla said:

Is the strategy working?

• sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    How did we fuck this up? Did we even try? Who was his main recruiter?
  • ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794

Also remember at one point in the winter and early spring we stopped talking to Ford because we thought Ngata was in the bag and cherished our scholarship numbers so much that we went silent on Ford until Bush came back.

Think about that.

We thought it was too big of a burden to go after Ngata and Ford while Jake Haener, Kyler Manu, and Quinten Pounds are all on scholarship and Oklahoma signs three 5 star WR’s for the first time in rivals/scout history.

The entire strategy is so bad that the act of losing Ngata we also lost Ford. In the act of losing Asa Turner we also lost Noa Pola-Gates and Titus Toler. What are the positives of the “we only have a limited amount of spots so you better commit soon or someone will soon” approach if you get Asa to commit in June and it somehow causes you to miss out on 2 other guys when he decommits? Why did we tell Tre’shaun to go away if we were going to go 0-3 on WR’s the next year. If we fucking know Bru isn’t coming here and most likely neither is Kyle why the fuck would we be so stubborn with Tre’shaun I just don’t fucking get it.

I'm so ready to fire petersen's ass and get someone who understands how to recruit and how to win big games. Petersen is just competent enough to usually not fuck up against inferior opponents. THAT IS FUCKING IT.

Only reason we have two titles is the pac 12 is the weakest it's been in a LONG time right now, maybe ever.
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    Tequilla said:

Where is the upside to shutting down a positions recruiting and trusting the “commitment” of a kid when it’s backfired multiple times. This isn’t an outlier this has hurt us in multiple occasions to the point I want to know the pros about telling kids to fuck off do to a positional cap. It’s dumb.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Tequilla said:

Where is the upside to shutting down a positions recruiting and trusting the “commitment” of a kid when it’s backfired multiple times. This isn’t an outlier this has hurt us in multiple occasions to the point I want to know the pros about telling kids to fuck off do to a positional cap. It’s dumb.
    Very correct. The position should be recruited up until Player A signs. Player B can also commit but should be told the offer is only committable if Player A doesn't sign in the early period. Then even after they sign all players should be continually recruited up until the first day of practice. After that coaches can back off slightly but still have to suck player dick because the new transfer rules means players on your roster will still be recruited by other teams.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    edited January 2019
    Even if Kingsbury leaves and Ford leaves USC then Ford is going to Oregon. Colossal thud.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

ZoneUW said:

Also remember at one point in the winter and early spring we stopped talking to Ford because we thought Ngata was in the bag and cherished our scholarship numbers so much that we went silent on Ford until Bush came back.

Think about that.

We thought it was too big of a burden to go after Ngata and Ford while Jake Haener, Kyler Manu, and Quinten Pounds are all on scholarship and Oklahoma signs three 5 star WR’s for the first time in rivals/scout history.

The entire strategy is so bad that the act of losing Ngata we also lost Ford. In the act of losing Asa Turner we also lost Noa Pola-Gates and Titus Toler. What are the positives of the “we only have a limited amount of spots so you better commit soon or someone will soon” approach if you get Asa to commit in June and it somehow causes you to miss out on 2 other guys when he decommits? Why did we tell Tre’shaun to go away if we were going to go 0-3 on WR’s the next year. If we fucking know Bru isn’t coming here and most likely neither is Kyle why the fuck would we be so stubborn with Tre’shaun I just don’t fucking get it.

I'm so ready to fire petersen's ass and get someone who understands how to recruit and how to win big games. Petersen is just competent enough to usually not fuck up against inferior opponents. THAT IS FUCKING IT.

Only reason we have two titles is the pac 12 is the weakest it's been in a LONG time right now, maybe ever.
    Hi Jack Cobra!
    LuxrayBeats