Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Story time

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club
Seeing the 91 Rose Bowl mentioned in the run up I found myself surprised at the 46-34 final score. I thought it was a blowout. Well, it was and I was there. Coaches don't have to pull back the reigns, the players will do it for them. I have no idea if the Bucks made a bunch of substitutions or not. I need to look at the film of the second half someday.

Washington scored 23 points in the second quarter and built a sizable 33–7 lead at halftime. The teams each scored a touchdown in the third quarter, taking the score to 39–14. With a 25-point lead, Washington substituted reserves early in the fourth quarter, and the Hawkeyes quickly scored two touchdowns. Washington responded with a touchdown to put the score at 46–26; Iowa followed with the final score of the game, a touchdown and two-point conversion to bring the final score to 46–34, the closest Iowa had been since the middle of the second quarter. Washington (10–2) was elevated to #5 in both polls and Iowa (8–4) dropped one notch to finish eighteenth in both polls. - wiki

James was pissed and I am sure Hawkeye fans were encouraged that they didn't give up and Hayden Fry doesn't get blown out unless its UCLA in the Rose Bowl

There are no moral victories but 25 years from now we only lost to Ohio State by 5 points!!!!!!!!

Fuck me and if you were starting to feel better fuck you

Comments

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    edited January 2019
    I'm hearing it's because we? have inferior talent. Don't twist, that's just what I'm hearing.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

I though we lost 28-10? That was the score when I exited the building. I don't know anything about this mythical near come back.

the mythical comeback would have happened if (I just love playing what if) we played 6 quarters instead of 4, and Haskins decided to not play because of the draft, Urbs was coming back as the coach, we had a different OC, a different DC, and HC.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Feel better? Fuck that.

Like I said afterward, I would’ve rather been blown out. The comeback made me even more pissed off thinking about what might’ve been had we not played so shitty for most of the game.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2019
    Double poast - vanilla works for derek
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811

What happened to stacking conference championships like cord wood while leveling up every other aspect of the program?

Did anyone really think Browning was going to win us a game vs Ohio State?

Keep pushing the west coast losers shit in and eventually we will win the natty, or at least get some ny6 hardware.

I saw a post on reddit that was interesting...Oregon lost every NY6 game to teams that recruited a lot better than them. The teams they beat? 2 star all stars Wisconsin and Kansas State.

We are going to win and win big with Pete. Lot of melodramatic bullshit on here lately. Are there issues that need to be fixed? Yes. Are there promising signs? Yes

They beat Jameis and FSU, but still
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam

What happened to stacking conference championships like cord wood while leveling up every other aspect of the program?

Did anyone really think Browning was going to win us a game vs Ohio State?

Keep pushing the west coast losers shit in and eventually we will win the natty, or at least get some ny6 hardware.

I saw a post on reddit that was interesting...Oregon lost every NY6 game to teams that recruited a lot better than them. The teams they beat? 2 star all stars Wisconsin and Kansas State.

We are going to win and win big with Pete. Lot of melodramatic bullshit on here lately. Are there issues that need to be fixed? Yes. Are there promising signs? Yes

They beat Jameis and FSU, but still
    You are right, forgot about that one. That FSU team was weird though...could have lost like 8 games
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Story time with grandpappy race is always legit.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Double poast - vanilla works for derek

Always hilarious these elite vanilla devs have never cared about click protection.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Thanks Grandpa Race, but you don’t have to go back 25 years to draw parallels. This year’s Rose Bowl was the same as this year’s Stanford game, with the roles reversed. We played shit second half football and Stanford woke the fuck up and pushed our dicks in until the clock thankfully expired before they could take the lead. None of those details matter. We won that game in November, and we lost that game three days ago. 0-3 in big games.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    UW: once again playing in Big games that people watch
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club

Seeing the 91 Rose Bowl mentioned in the run up I found myself surprised at the 46-34 final score. I thought it was a blowout. Well, it was and I was there. Coaches don't have to pull back the reigns, the players will do it for them. I have no idea if the Bucks made a bunch of substitutions or not. I need to look at the film of the second half someday.

Washington scored 23 points in the second quarter and built a sizable 33–7 lead at halftime. The teams each scored a touchdown in the third quarter, taking the score to 39–14. With a 25-point lead, Washington substituted reserves early in the fourth quarter, and the Hawkeyes quickly scored two touchdowns. Washington responded with a touchdown to put the score at 46–26; Iowa followed with the final score of the game, a touchdown and two-point conversion to bring the final score to 46–34, the closest Iowa had been since the middle of the second quarter. Washington (10–2) was elevated to #5 in both polls and Iowa (8–4) dropped one notch to finish eighteenth in both polls. - wiki

James was pissed and I am sure Hawkeye fans were encouraged that they didn't give up and Hayden Fry doesn't get blown out unless its UCLA in the Rose Bowl

There are no moral victories but 25 years from now we only lost to Ohio State by 5 points!!!!!!!!

“We put in the twos a little early” - Steve Emtmanm, 1991 post rose bowl interview.
    The all time classic was a Cal game in the 80's when Joe Kapp was coach there. UW blew them out of course but Cal scored late.

James was asked his impression of the game afterwards and said "It looks like our third string can use some work"

James was an underrated smack talker