Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Hardcore Husky from Jake Browning

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    so...

Jake, you got one job?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,994
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

You don't pop off until you win the Rose Bowl

Or any major bowl.... 3rd times a charm?
    Hattiesburg MS says what’s up!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,941
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018

ScottEklund 52185
    14 hours ago
    via Mobile
    VIP
    It's a very small, but very vocal minority which pushes the "Browning Sucks" meme...

The Throbber is anything but small.

Know what I mean? ( wink wink)
  • Options
    OhioHuskyOhioHusky Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My friend tried to fight Browning at a frat party a couple of years ago because he was being a cocky little prick. OL stepped in and said my buddy would have to beat the shit out of them before they touch him
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2019
    OhioHusky said:

My friend tried to fight Browning at a frat party a couple of years ago because he was being a cocky little prick. OL stepped in and said my buddy would have to beat the shit out of them before they touch him

Who knows the situation or whether your friend was just trying to prove his manhood by fighting the Husky QB. None of us were there.

But I’ll say that back in the day Damon Huard came to several of our fraternity parties and couldn’t have been a cooler guy.
  • Options
    OhioHuskyOhioHusky Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

OhioHusky said:

Who knows the situation or whether your friend was just trying to prove his manhood by fighting the Husky QB. None of us were there.

But I’ll say that back in the day Damon Huard came to several of our fraternity parties and couldn’t have been a cooler guy.
    friend was definitely trying to show his manhood and claim his school was better at football (he went to gonzaga) but both sides played their part
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    OhioHusky said:

Can confirm. Same result, different party. Universally unliked by the Party goers for his Prickness.

But, Browning did lead a 4th qtr. comeback down 28-3 when he could have folded so there’s that.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Passion said:

OhioHusky said:

Nobody is saying that all Husky QBs are assholes. Pelluer is a fantastic human being and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. All the Huards are good and well adjusted human beings who were raised well.

The guy in my era who was 100% pure asshole was Conklin. He was on everybody's radar, and when he'd show up at shit, people would be deflated about it in the "here comes the buzz kill, party-ruining prick with his posse in front of him." There was a pretty nasty story on Greek Row involving him that was swept under. Pre-internet and all.

He'd come in to Lox Stock & Bagel (at least that's where I tended to run into him) and behave in a way that would make you embarrassed if he were your kid. Made Johnny and the other Cobra Kai kids look like choir boys by comparison.

Steve is the fucking man. He’a amazing.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

OhioHusky said:

Nobody is saying that all Husky QBs are assholes. Pelluer is a fantastic human being and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. All the Huards are good and well adjusted human beings who were raised well.

The guy in my era who was 100% pure asshole was Conklin. He was on everybody's radar, and when he'd show up at shit, people would be deflated about it in the "here comes the buzz kill, party-ruining prick with his posse in front of him." There was a pretty nasty story on Greek Row involving him that was swept under. Pre-internet and all.

He'd come in to Lox Stock & Bagel (at least that's where I tended to run into him) and behave in a way that would make you embarrassed if he were your kid. Made Johnny and the other Cobra Kai kids look like choir boys by comparison.

I was at the Arizona game in 87 where Conklin got his redshirt pulled due to an injury to Chandler thus making 89 his last year and he missed the Rose Bowl run all together. Its why sophomore Mark Brunell was the starter in 1990

Karma?

There were stories about Millen and Chandler having some sort of epic feud too
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Passion said:

OhioHusky said:

I was at the Arizona game in 87 where Conklin got his redshirt pulled due to an injury to Chandler thus making 89 his last year and he missed the Rose Bowl run all together. Its why sophomore Mark Brunell was the starter in 1990

Karma?

86 game I assume you mean unless they were trying to redshirt him as a sophomore.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

OhioHusky said:

Karma?

86 game I assume you mean unless they were trying to redshirt him as a sophomore.
    They were. It was 87 for sure at Arizona

We did the Arizona UCLA road trip that year. Tied Arizona and got blown out at UCLA