Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's all bidness

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    topdawgnc said:

I think he planned on playing but got worried. This was the first "real" injury he had here. The first thing that caused him to miss practice and such. I could see it rattling him a bit. People bad mouthing the kid need to fucking grow up

You need to fuck off.

It was a business decision, I get that.

But you still need to fuck off.
    ok I'll fuck off because you told me to. Call it a "bidness" decision.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

I think he planned on playing but got worried. This was the first "real" injury he had here. The first thing that caused him to miss practice and such. I could see it rattling him a bit. People bad mouthing the kid need to fucking grow up

He’s a fucking quitter. He quit on the Coaches, his teammates and fans.

Pete needs to put an equipment manager on him to ensure he doesn’t steal any UW property that doesn’t belong to him like #7 UW jerseys and shoes. Give him 5 min to clear out his shit.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I’m not criticizing him for the decision ... it’s pretty transparent what happened at this point

My point is that I hate the move as a player for a number of reasons.

And I do think that there will be a point in time where the NFL changes their stance
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Like the honey badger, the nfl don't give a fuck.

By Christopher L. Gasper Globe Staff January 01, 2019

Get Sports Headlines in your inbox:
    The most recent sports headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.

The cautionary tale for taking one for the team and playing in a bowl is Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith. At the end of the 2015 season, he suffered a catastrophic left knee injury, resulting in nerve damage and a torn ACL, in the Fiesta Bowl. A presumptive top-five pick before the bowl game, he dropped to the second round (No. 34 overall) of the 2016 draft. Being there one last time for his Notre Dame teammates cost him almost $19 million in guaranteed money on his rookie contract.

It was the next season that running backs Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fournette, both eventual top-10 picks, decided to sit out their teams’ bowl games, sparking the current trend.

There has been the false cry that players who skip bowl games will be viewed negatively by NFL decision-makers or that path portends a lack of NFL success. This is a transparent attempt to shame players into not skipping bowls. UCF defensive coordinator Randy Shannon tried to peddle this flawed and self-serving logic recently. (It’s not uncommon for college coaches and their staffs to have bonuses in their contracts for winning bowl games.)

This season, McCaffrey set the NFL record for receptions by a running back (107) on a team that missed the playoffs. He has yet to miss a game in his career. He finished third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage, behind Saquon Barkley and Ezekiel Elliott, both of whom elected to end their college careers in bowl games. There’s no correlation.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Jesus, not everyone pisses purple and shit golds. If you thank you are fucking moron. Only color that matters is green, u fuck nuts
  • ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    Meek said:

love how Rapp said it was such a fucking honor to suit up next to his dawg brothers and represent for the UW

until it wasn't.

fuck that guy. i am taking his poster off my mom's basement wall.

But you're keeping the one in your other mom's house up?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I’ve got no problem with anybody sitting out due to injury ...

I don’t like the not playing to avoid getting hurt ...

I don’t like the message the latter sends to your teammates ... it’s totally a selfish mood in my mind

I don’t have first hand knowledge on Taylor so it’s hard to say. Appearances don’t look good. Some of the tidbits that have leaked from former players come off as unpleased.

It is what it is at this point ... best of luck
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

If he was 100% healthy he would have played. No doubt he was hurt, but so are most players at this point of the season. I don't wish him any ill will and hope he succeeds in the future, but as one of the defensive leaders, he let the team down.

If you think the agency representing Rapp that created his thank you Twitter graphic advised him to play if he was healthy, then I can’t help you.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    They are going to have to start paying kids to play in bowl games.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

They are going to have to start paying kids to play in bowl games.

Done. There are Starbucks stores in Tuscaloosa.

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Tequilla said:

I’ve got no problem with anybody sitting out due to injury ...

I don’t like the not playing to avoid getting hurt ...

I don’t like the message the latter sends to your teammates ... it’s totally a selfish mood in my mind

I don’t have first hand knowledge on Taylor so it’s hard to say. Appearances don’t look good. Some of the tidbits that have leaked from former players come off as unpleased.

It is what it is at this point ... best of luck

Since this became a phenomenon a few years ago we haven’t heard a peep from teammates of players who do this being bothered by it. So while you might not like the message it sends, his teammates are clearly supportive of it. Probably because they’re all working towards the same goal and aren’t going to hold it against someone for furthering their goal and protecting it. You can whine all you want, but clearly the ones who matter don’t give a shit.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Pete needs to send a message that it's not okay for players to do this. And he needs to do this by having an end-of-season pizza party at Pizza Hut or Godfather's and inviting everyone on the team except Rapp. You miss the bowl game, you miss the pizza party.

Sound awfully punitive except Godfather’s is in hospice, or dead, and nobody likes Pizza Hut.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Baseman said:

Pete needs to send a message that it's not okay for players to do this. And he needs to do this by having an end-of-season pizza party at Pizza Hut or Godfather's and inviting everyone on the team except Rapp. You miss the bowl game, you miss the pizza party.

Sound awfully punitive except Godfather’s is in hospice, or dead, and nobody likes Pizza Hut.
    FUCK!

I love me some Godfathers Pizza