Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comedian booted from Columbia for "inappropriate" jokes

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club
    The snowflakes seem concentrated in particular areas. He had no problem with crowds in Red States, even when slinging offensive material about Trump and Pence. Says a lot IMHO.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club

A College campus is no place for free expression. It’s a place for learning what’s being told to you by Experts.

Unauthorized topics and viewpoints run counter to the mission of higher education causing undue stress and confusion among students.

Next time, just stick to the script and there won’t be any problems.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/12/06/columbia-students-boot-comedian-stage-citing-offensive-jokes

I would say the dude did a poor job of understanding his audience. That wasn't a general population of college students. It was for an Asian American group called cultureSHOCK. Did he expect that group to laugh at gay and black jokes?

I'm all for people telling whatever joke they want. But if you aren't funny to your audience, you get booted.

A College campus is no place for free expression. It’s a place for learning what’s being told to you by Experts.

Unauthorized topics and viewpoints run counter to the mission of higher education causing undue stress and confusion among students.

Next time, just stick to the script and there won’t be any problems.

Someone doesn't understand what happened.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/12/06/columbia-students-boot-comedian-stage-citing-offensive-jokes

I would say the dude did a poor job of understanding his audience. That wasn't a general population of college students. It was for an Asian American group called cultureSHOCK. Did he expect that group to laugh at gay and black jokes?

I'm all for people telling whatever joke they want. But if you aren't funny to your audience, you get booted.

Sure - @Dennis_DeYoung laughs at that shit.

I mean...I think he laughs at that shit.

I hope he laughs at that shit.

Oh.....shit.

Nevermind.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

The problem is that the snowflakes have little or no sense of humor. I know one. He literally lives in his mom's basement...he's in his late 30s.

During the metoo hysteria he texted me about it. I made a pretty innocuous joke. He texts back a lecture about how we have to take this seriously and how some actress tweeted something preachy. Nobody likes these people except their own. They're ruining society as much as the far right.

2001400ex said:

The problem is that the snowflakes have little or no sense of humor. I know one. He literally lives in his mom's basement...he's in his late 30s.

During the metoo hysteria he texted me about it. I made a pretty innocuous joke. He texts back a lecture about how we have to take this seriously and how some actress tweeted something preachy. Nobody likes these people except their own. They're ruining society as much as the far right.
    Trust me I know idiots like that too. I sent out a Facebook meme to a few buddies a couple weeks ago and had one lecture me. He didn't find it funny when I called him a faggot. That being said, that's his right as an American to be a snowflake. Just like it's people's right to freak out about someone talking about a 3 day waiting period to buy a gun.

Both are the same thing.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    thing is, you can’t even be funny