Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Not really panicking yet, and you shouldn't either

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited January 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
The coaches are recruiting a lot better, Browning is gone and we have Eason and a host of other horses warming up in the bullpen, Lake and Kwat will likely both be here next year, Petersen is a good coach, etc. etc. etc.

The sky isn't falling. We are still a few pieces away from being an Ohio State, Clemson, Bama, Oklahomo type of team...seriously..

Fuck, fucking Oklahoma has lost in the CFP 3 times now...could you imagine if this was Sooner half brains? We would be so fucking mad at the defense. Really only Bama and Clemson are that much better than everyone else. Ohio State...boat raced by Purdue...fuck

Yeah getting blue balled for 3 years in a row in big OOC game sucks. We will have opportunities to avenge ourselves as long as Petersen is here.

I'll be worried when we are not playing in a NY6 game at the end of the year, because that will be big time regression from where we are now. Have you seen our schedule next year? We might be undefeated and we really wouldn't know how good the team is.

Yeah UW is a pretender right now, but they are pretending well enough to get invited to the dance. And after a certain point, you no longer pretend and wake up and realize that you are actually good and you get the fucking deal signed.

poast brought to you by Hornitos

Comments

• Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Thank you for being our? guiding light in these dark times.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019
    Kentucky had a better win today, beating Penn State.

Kentucky. Let that sink in.

Do they have better recruits than us?

As a few others have said... we are never going to consistently have better recruiting classes than tOSU or Bama. So Petersen gets a pass?

I don't think Petersen can win big games while playing in a P5 coference. And when he was HC at BSU I think Harrsin was bailing him out as the OC brains.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DOOG DOOG DOOG DOOG DOOG

Nah we will be limp wristed and impotent on the big stages until petersen grows a pair...
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Texas beating Goergia is what we have been looking for. The ability to jump on a superior opponent and get one win in a big stage

That's what we thought we were getting in Pete instead we get these soft losers embarrassing themselves

No argument there. Pete needs to deliver and will have more opportunities to do so.

Texas is also an easier job and recruits itself. Own fucking network
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,087
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The coaches are recruiting a lot better, Browning is gone and we have Eason and a host of other horses warming up in the bullpen, Lake and Kwat will likely both be here next year, Petersen is a good coach, etc. etc. etc.

The sky isn't falling. We are still a few pieces away from being an Ohio State, Clemson, Bama, Oklahomo type of team...seriously..

Fuck, fucking Oklahoma has lost in the CFP 3 times now...could you imagine if this was Sooner half brains? We would be so fucking mad at the defense. Really only Bama and Clemson are that much better than everyone else. Ohio State...boat raced by Purdue...fuck

Yeah getting blue balled for 3 years in a row in big OOC game sucks. We will have opportunities to avenge ourselves as long as Petersen is here.

I'll be worried when we are not playing in a NY6 game at the end of the year, because that will be big time regression from where we are now. Have you seen our schedule next year? We might be undefeated and we really wouldn't know how good the team is.

Yeah UW is a pretender right now, but they are pretending well enough to get invited to the dance. And after a certain point, you no longer pretend and wake up and realize that you are actually good and you get the fucking deal signed.

poast brought to you by Hornitos

Reading this actually makes me feel a little bit better. I will still probably kill myself tonight.

#perspective
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don’t think many people are pessimistic about the future, we’re just pissed that these last three years have all had chances for big wins on big stages, and we’ve blown all of them. 0-4 in our big OOC games, and all we’ve done during this “peak” is beat up on our shitty Pac-12 opponents.

If the offense stays in Pete's hands, I will remain pessimistic. It's been mediocre for 10 years.

The lackluster offense puts too much pressure on the D. Even @GrandpaSankey can see it.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Pete will start winning big games when he recruits players who don’t Quit on the team in their moment of need.