Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Offense will be much better, defense will certainly be worse. But there is really good young talent and I still think it's going to be the best defense in the conference.

All the hand wringing about RB kills me. RB is the easiest position to replace and the easiest to insert someone young. Pleasant, McGrew or Ahmed all have enough talent to make the All Pac team if they're the back of choice. None of them are Gaskin but they're plenty good enough in this offense/with this line.

OL will be as good or better (losing McGary but you get a full season of Trey and everyone else is a year older).

WRs will be much better (Jones takes another step, Fuller/Baccelia take another step and/or more young guys move into the rotation).

TEs will be much better (full season of Hunter).

But the key is going to be Eason. If he's the kid who played for Georgia we'll looser 3 games and hate everything. If he's a legit star this team might not lose until the playoff. The schedule is that good.

My guess is the defense gives up around two more points a game but the offense scores 6 or 8 more points a game.

We'll be better.

i have been betting that the d will get worse and for the past 2 years kawasaki and jimmy have proven me wrong. i am not going to bet the d will be worse
    It’s going to be the first year of the Kwat/Pete era that UW didn’t have the clear cut best set of DL in the conference heading into the year (and almost certainly the last). That’s the primary concern, as well as potentially some lack of depth at LB and the secondary.

OTOH, the points in the 19 defenses favor are a) edge rushers! b) bad luck this year lead to few turnovers, we should force more next year (especially in light of a) c) special teams almost certainly will do a better job of setting the defense up with field position (regression to the mean if nothing else).

Like I said I think it will be the best defense in the Pac, just not as good as this years.
    Our DL will be better this year, this year was rough given that we lost some guys to injury and transfer. DL play in the begging of the year will drive us nuts, but by mid season we will be good.
    Our OCC schedule is so soft our Dline will be fine for that. Pac12 shouldn't have anyone that can run them over either. The youth is only really going to be a factor in bowl/playoff time when we are matched up against a team with high level talented upperclassmen imo.
    In Ikaika I trust!! to get those who not red shirting ready to grip it and rip it
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Offense will be much better, defense will certainly be worse. But there is really good young talent and I still think it's going to be the best defense in the conference.

All the hand wringing about RB kills me. RB is the easiest position to replace and the easiest to insert someone young. Pleasant, McGrew or Ahmed all have enough talent to make the All Pac team if they're the back of choice. None of them are Gaskin but they're plenty good enough in this offense/with this line.

OL will be as good or better (losing McGary but you get a full season of Trey and everyone else is a year older).

WRs will be much better (Jones takes another step, Fuller/Baccelia take another step and/or more young guys move into the rotation).

TEs will be much better (full season of Hunter).

But the key is going to be Eason. If he's the kid who played for Georgia we'll looser 3 games and hate everything. If he's a legit star this team might not lose until the playoff. The schedule is that good.

My guess is the defense gives up around two more points a game but the offense scores 6 or 8 more points a game.

We'll be better.

i have been betting that the d will get worse and for the past 2 years kawasaki and jimmy have proven me wrong. i am not going to bet the d will be worse
    It’s going to be the first year of the Kwat/Pete era that UW didn’t have the clear cut best set of DL in the conference heading into the year (and almost certainly the last). That’s the primary concern, as well as potentially some lack of depth at LB and the secondary.

OTOH, the points in the 19 defenses favor are a) edge rushers! b) bad luck this year lead to few turnovers, we should force more next year (especially in light of a) c) special teams almost certainly will do a better job of setting the defense up with field position (regression to the mean if nothing else).

Like I said I think it will be the best defense in the Pac, just not as good as this years.
    Our DL will be better this year, this year was rough given that we lost some guys to injury and transfer. DL play in the begging of the year will drive us nuts, but by mid season we will be good.
    Our OCC schedule is so soft our Dline will be fine for that. Pac12 shouldn't have anyone that can run them over either. The youth is only really going to be a factor in bowl/playoff time when we are matched up against a team with high level talented upperclassmen imo.
    In Ikaika I trust!! to get those who not red shirting ready to grip it and rip it
    Usually USC should pose a problem for us? but, yeah, @KkkliffKkklingsbury should take care of that.

Stanford also seems to be a ghost of their former road grading selves. Hi Fozzie!

SEC west Oregon might be a problem what with their commitment to the trenches from what I am hearing.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    God you fucks are stupid.

Do not count on a player to develop until he has. Has 2003-2014 not meant anything to you fucks?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    TommySQC said:

Do not count on a player to develop until he has. Has 2003-2014 not meant anything to you fucks?

The past is for doogs
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2018
    TommySQC said:

yeah that's the point. it's not 2003-2014 anymore...

We're not relying on individuals to develop. that's FS... There is a number of talented RB's, and it is likely that one will develop into a very good player.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TommySQC said:

Might as well just shut the program down. We won't even win a game of checkers next season.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    GOAT said:

McGrew and Pleasant are Jags, hope they prove me wrong. Bama is 3-4 deep every year with MF thoroughbreds at RB.

Also, we shouldn’t have to settle for ‘surviving’ without a great back.

Bama backs mostly suck in the NFL save for Mark Ingram's late blooming and like two good games from Derrick Henry.

Bama's running game is always special, but it's not because of the running backs.
  • Options

GOAT said:

McGrew and Pleasant are Jags, hope they prove me wrong. Bama is 3-4 deep every year with MF thoroughbreds at RB.

Bama backs mostly suck in the NFL save for Mark Ingram's late blooming and like two good games from Derrick Henry.

Bama's running game is always special, but it's not because of the running backs.
    The OL play at bama has been always solid
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hey, I want a fucking awesome myles Gaskin 3 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier playing for us.

But until we level up all around we are still a work in progress.

That's Alabama. They have extreme talent everywhere.

Like a room with hot bitches everywhere. They can do whatever they want.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    animate said:

Hey, I want a fucking awesome myles Gaskin 3 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier playing for us.

dude, i honestly think myles would probably start at bama
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

GOAT said:

This is literally like saying "Reggie Bush wasn't that good at USC because he didn't suceed in the NFL". You're officially the biggest retard on this bored.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

GOAT said:

This is literally like saying "Reggie Bush wasn't that good at USC because he didn't suceed in the NFL". You're officially the biggest retard on this bored.
    This is true. In college their backs are always unstoppable and superior to whomever they are playing. NFL doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

dude, i honestly think myles would probably start at bama
    I agree.

I'm just saying that talent is everywhere at bama. You can be Sean mcgrew and be that 5.8 yard change of pace back for bama.

Ahmed would destroy there because he would always be reaching the second level.
  • Options

GOAT said:

Hi there.

Offensive line play is a much bigger factor in the running game than the running back is.

Retard.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

GOAT said:

Sankey and Polk were super productive in college but have done nothing in the pros. Myles will be lucky to be on an NFL roster in 4 years. There aren’t many backs his size that can succeed at that level. As Husky fans we’ve been really lucky to have a bunch of good college backs but aside from Dillon few have been able to be productive on the pros.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Alabama has two RB’s on their roster that were #1 at their position coming out of high school (Najee Harris and Damien Harris). Najee Harris was the #1 player in his entire class. If their 2nd/3rd string RB leaves early this year (Josh Jacobs) they’ll have two RB’s drafted ahead of Myles this year.

Love me some Myles, but...