Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anybody Have a Good Read on How Many Spots Are Left?

With Turner no longer committed it looks like we are recruiting to 5 different positions. Hard to believe we could take 25 but I suppose Tootoo would be a long shot anyway.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    My guess is 3

1 WR
    1 LB
    1 DB
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018
    If its an elite player, there are players on the team that pete might have to be a big boy and ask them to medically retire or sell the couch
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

If its an elite player, there are players on the team that pete might have to be a big boy and ask them to medically retire or sell the couch

I think they are already doing that to an extent. We don't have too many seniors or underclassmen actually projected to fall off and we are taking 20+ for sure.

Guys with their degree that have never contributed due to injury will likely be told their spot is gone.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I think they are already doing that to an extent. We don't have too many seniors or underclassmen actually projected to fall off and we are taking 20+ for sure.

Guys with their degree that have never contributed due to injury will likely be told their spot is gone.
    I agree, it is ruthless but if you not contributing and most likely not going to see the field you got go. That is just how the top programs operate. That ruthless part of the business must kill Pete, because he seems genuinely interested in the future of these kids. But, it real life that is just how it works sometimes.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I think we take 5 more

DB
    WR
    LB
    TE
    McMillan
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

My guess is 3

1 WR
    1 LB
    1 DB

I think we would take a te on top of that.
    Possible ... but there's a reason we are slow playing that position.

IF we have a slot available I could see us offering it but I could see us punting until next year
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Didnt petes presser say that they will be looking at 2 possibly 3 at the next signing day?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

Didnt petes presser say that they will be looking at 2 possibly 3 at the next signing day?

1 or 2 or 3... it doesn’t mean shit except to tell recruits don’t drag your feet
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited December 2018

I would be surprised if we went over 24, I would be surprised if we went under 23.

There are two guys we will take no matter what: Kyle Ford and Henry To'oto'o.

I could envision a scenario in which KPatts, Danny Hammers and Puka and still take both of those guys. I doubt it will come to that, but it could happen.

Hypothetically, is that like a top8 class s/o to MySpace
    If we got all five, highly unlikely imo, it’d put us at number 9 in the team rankings at the moment. Just getting Puka, Heimuli and Patterson actually wouldn’t move us in the rankings up at all, we’d stay at 16.

Edit: Basically Patterson adds nothing to the team ranking. Substitute Martinez instead and you add about 4-5 points to the ranking. With all five (martinez instead of patt) = up to 8 ranking. Just Heimuli, Puka and Martinez = up to 15 ranking
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Anybody got any spare tissue?
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2018
    What about when Asa goes to the Poly Bowl and gets all sugared up by Bandes and Co?