Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Maninoa Tufono, 4* LB 2019, Punahou HS, HI (Offered)

1131415161719»

Comments

• LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Bottom line is got their no. 1 LB who in our class would probably be the no. 5 LB behind zo, miki, josh, and Hammer
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    6'3" 225. Fuck yes.
    Domicillo said:

Bottom line is got their no. 1 LB who in our class would probably be the no. 5 LB behind zo, miki, josh, and Hammer

Amazing people aren’t screaming for him like they were Cale Millen.
    Doogs love Huge Melon and KJR.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Just entered the portal. They list him as DL now and he is up to 290 lbs. Holy smokes.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just entered the portal. They list him as DL now and he is up to 290 lbs. Holy smokes.

I like this version of WDWHA than the one where the guy guys off and ends up being better than any LB on the Husky roster.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

290lbs eh? I think this calls for

There are zero 270 pound inside linebackers in college. Zero. And he's not done growing yet. You can't stop genetics you idiot. As long as he trains and lifts weights he's gonna easily outgrow ILB retard. He's fucking Poly. It's on his genetics. It's fucking obvious. He's a short, DT with short arms who will have to win with leverage and quickness. Elijah Qualls.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

There are zero 270 pound inside linebackers in college. Zero. And he's not done growing yet. You can't stop genetics you idiot. As long as he trains and lifts weights he's gonna easily outgrow ILB retard. He's fucking Poly. It's on his genetics. It's fucking obvious. He's a short, DT with short arms who will have to win with leverage and quickness. Elijah Qualls.
    @Ballz ??
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

@Ballz ??
    I thought the same thing about Noah Sewell, but I don't think my writing has ever been that manic

Lol, I would try to sell my own couch too after this prediction.
  • DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Go get him Boner! Full blitz this kid.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

I’m glad I was one of the few who thought better of this clown

FireCohen said:

Me or the clown that threaten to blow his own fuse?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I once got a BJ in the back of an eighteeen wheeler at a Flying J off I-15 near Pocatello. Makes a ton of sense to include Idaho State here, imo. Especially if he’s thinking about majoring in Calf Roping. Excellent program with the local 4-H.

Interesting to see how this one plays out. This one could come down to UW and ISU.

Do you remember the guy’s name?
    Tony. But to be fair, it was only $7.50. I also had to buy him a pack of smokes. He had COPD and was on a portable oxygen concentrator. Pretty hot stuff.
    Tony is dead now. Covid got him.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

2 crystal balls to Texas. Sounds like we’re passing on Tufono as well

I’m afraid the coaches are feeling a little overconfident in themselves to land the players they think they can get.. And doesn’t help our HI/poly pipeline to go cold on a highly rated legacy, no matter how recruiting services vs their own evaluations stack up.
    Well, Heimuli did not include USC in his top 8 so I can see why the coaches are confident they can get him. Plus, if you have a pair of balls between your legs you wait for your top targets to make their decisions. We're in a new territory in which we're having to wait longer for a lot of commits because we're in on a lot of highly coveted prospects who will take their official visits and announce a decision closer to Signing Day. To us fans it's a bit daunting but to the coaches it's a part of the process of becoming elite. We have a team that should be really good and win most of their games again which will only help recruiting and make finishing with a boom likely.
    Its funny because this is exactly what Kim was saying when Sark's recruiting was nosediving in 2012.

It could be true or it could be that CP erred by slowplaying some of these kids.

I would feel more confident with a Ngata or Heimuli committed. As is the current class is of similar caliber to the 2017 class and a downgrade from 2018.
    The 2018 class wouldn't have become the class that it did if he hadn't slow played some kids and trusted the process and his staff to get the job done in the end. Ale Kaho, Taki Taimani, Tuli Letuligasenoa, Julius Irvin, Kyler Gordon all late additions. UW never panicked and starting taking plan B guys. We slow played Jackson Cravens in favor of Taimani and Tuli. We slow played Ben Wilson in favor of Ale Kaho. We slow played Stephan Blaylock and Halid Djibril in favor of Irvin and Gordon. Do you want a coach that plays it safe or a coach that has a pair of balls between his legs and goes after the best? Taking Tufuno is playing it safe. We want Heimuli more and we're going to get him.
    The guys we slow played this year are way better than Djibril, Blaylock, Ben Wilson, and Jackson Craves It. Not the same thing.

There was a feeling that our strong close in 2018 would carry over and give us momentum going into 2019. Doesn't seem to be materializing.
    Who have we slow played that's better than those guys?

What feeling? This is West Coast recruiting every single year. Most of the highly coveted recruits don't make their decisions until during or after the season. It makes zero sense to think the 2018 recruiting momentum would carry over into the Spring and Summer. Look at USC's class every year. They usually start slow and finish with a huge boom. That's where UW recruiting is headed.
    Uhh apparently Tufono for one. The guy whose thread we are in?

Also you are being intentionally blind to the fact that the highly coveted recruit we had the best chance for just committed to fucking Clemson!!!
    Why because Tufuno is rated a 4-star? We don't know how any of those guys we slow played last class will turn out in college. Chances are some of them will turn out to be better players than Tufuno.

I'm not blind to it at all. Everybody takes losses. And Ngata's not the only highly coveted recruit we're recruiting. He's one of many. And he's not the guy we had the best chance at getting. Ever since he visited Clemson he's been trending that way. He never even took a Spring or Summer visit to UW.

I think UW is going to land Buelow, Heimuli, Tuitele, Wright, Vimahi, Trice, and Bandes so there's really no reason for me to freak out about losing Ngata and think we all of a sudden suck at recruiting again and won't sign a class as good as the 2018 class.
    Remember that this bored didnt hit full suicide watch/ meltdown mode last year until the offer and commitment of Mosiah Liu. That was late November. We still have a few months of this to go.
    Reading this thread is crazy. Liu is better than every one of our DL right now. Every single take on this thread, myself included, was wrong.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Me or the clown that threaten to blow his own fuse?
    We’re all clowns. I like you though
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Please stand up to LMC