Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Clayton's disappointing interview with Richard Sherman

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,913
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I was looking forward to listening to it, and Clayton was asking multiple people "did you hear the interview? What did you think of it?"

But I just listened to it. It was full of softball questions and kissing up to him. Didn't ask him any thoughtful or challenging questions. It was as bad as my love fest interview of Napoleon Kaufman in 2006.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018
    Hit interviews are few and far between. Media members love the spotlight, but if that one piece spotlight costs them future interviews with players, it isn't worth it. If Clayton had challenged Sherman, there isn't one questionable character player that would ever do an interview with him. There are too many media options for players today. Somebody will always be willing to give players softball interviews for future access. It's sad how that's become the norm, but it doesn't change that fact.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Hit interviews are few and far between. Media members love the spotlight, but if that one piece spotlight costs them future interviews with players, it isn't worth it. If Clayton had challenged Sherman, there isn't one questionable character player that would ever do an interview with him. There are too many media options for players today. Somebody will always be willing to give players softball interviews for future access. It's sad how that's become the norm, but it doesn't change that fact.

Stop listening. It's boring as fuck. No one says anything remotely interesting.