Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We? should have recruited Cale Millen

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    RealRhino said:

If Petersen makes coaching decisions based on which KJR tools have sired athletic offspring, then fire him tomorrow.

Really? I have no problem with the concept of that factors other than purely athletic talent can matter in recruiting decisions. I doubt anybody really does. We always hear things such as if the talent is equal, take the local kid. It will lead to benefits down the road. Stuff like that. Will take a guy who has a more talented teammate to help sway that teammate, for example. Really? I have no problem with the concept of that factors other than purely athletic talent can matter in recruiting decisions. I doubt anybody really does. We always hear things such as if the talent is equal, take the local kid. It will lead to benefits down the road. Stuff like that. Will take a guy who has a more talented teammate to help sway that teammate, for example.

This is just another factor to be thrown into the mix.
    Only to the extent that the HHB podcast once pointed out. You recruit the superstar Race Bannon and then to seal the deal you recruit his best friend @iDawg whose only value is to wave a towel to excite the crowd.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Hugh is a useless radio host who can’t even speak in complete sentences. And he’ll still doog it up as usual with Cale at Oregon. And if he doesn’t nobody will give a shit.

Uhh uhhh uhhh uhh... I meann.... uhhh uhhhh uhhhhh
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Hugh is a useless radio host who can’t even speak in complete sentences. And he’ll still doog it up as usual with Cale at Oregon. And if he doesn’t nobody will give a shit.

I cannot wait till we have this conversation about Jake Browning’s son.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    RealRhino said:

Do you like Dylan Morris better? Who cares? Question is if you like him better enough.

Is the gap big enough to turn away a legacy whose father has one of the biggest platforms in Seattle to promote Husky football? I don’t think so. Frankly it looks like a wash to me and Morris doesn’t look like starter material. So now we have Millen hedging ON AIR instead of promoting. Not worth it.

Oregon passed over their assistant coach's son to take Cale.

You take the kid you like the best, period. You can't worry about whose kid he is.

Axe @ApostleofGrief about nepotism.
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2018

You could do the Spider-Man look alike meme for both of these guys who got all the press for not losing games that the defense was winning.

Hugh is hated by everyone on that 84 team. My pops hates Jake with every part of his soul but still says that 84 team beats everyone by 20 if he plays instead of Hugh. How good must the defense have been for you to win basically a natty with your QB throwing 2 interceptions for every TD he threw. Imagine the doog shit that must have been said back then “Hugh would have way less INT’a if 1984 Aaron Fuller would just run through his route & fight back for the ball”
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

You could do the Spider-Man look alike meme for both of these guys who got all the press for not losing games that the defense was winning.

Hugh is hated by everyone on that 84 team. My pops hates Jake with every part of his soul but still says that 84 team beats everyone by 20 if he plays instead of Hugh. How good must the defense have been for you to win basically a natty with your QB throwing 2 interceptions for every TD he threw. Imagine the doog shit that must have been said back then “Hugh would have way less INT’a if 1984 Aaron Fuller would just run through his route & fight back for the ball”
    You mean Mark Pattison?
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Kale Mellons is a duck because the Dwags didn't want him. Nuff said on that.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Sark offers 3-star QB Marcus Mariota. Mariota wants to go to UW but then Oregon offers and his mom pushes him to Oregon which at that time, wasn't a difficult decision to make.

Petersen comes close to offering 3-star QB Justin Herbert but doesn't because of a broken leg in high school. Herbert's fathers says that if Herbert had gotten the UW offer, he would have been a Dawg.

Petersen offers a midget QB super early before a 3-star legacy QB has a chance to grow and develop. Said legacy QB grows to be 6'4, has a better Senior season than the midget, and goes on to sign with Oregon. I don't like this trend. Can we stop allowing 3-star hidden gem quarter backs to go to fucking Oregon and come back to bite us in the ass?
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2018

Sark offers 3-star QB Marcus Mariota. Mariota wants to go to UW but then Oregon offers and his mom pushes him to Oregon which at that time, wasn't a difficult decision to make.

Petersen comes close to offering 3-star QB Justin Herbert but doesn't because of a broken leg in high school. Herbert's fathers says that if Herbert had gotten the UW offer, he would have been a Dawg.

Petersen offers a midget QB super early before a 3-star legacy QB has a chance to grow and develop. Said legacy QB grows to be 6'4, has a better Senior season than the midget, and goes on to sign with Oregon. I don't like this trend. Can we stop allowing 3-star hidden gem quarter backs to go to fucking Oregon and come back to bite us in the ass?

Jacob Sirmon
    Colson Yankoff
    Sam Huard

It’ll be fine.
    I know we'll be fine but Oregon is an average or mediocre college QB away from tanking as a program. If Cale Millen develops into another NFL stud QB for them after Herbert leaves I'm going to be pissed. Sure they're mediocre even with a talent like Herbert, but I prefer them to be absolute dog shit.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Millen was a late bloomer and that's what it came down to. I don't fault the staff on this.

I doubt that’s the only reason, if he was worth it they still would have offered late, they did it with Yankoff. You can like Cale Millen and still think Morris is a better fit for your offensive scheme.
    Yankoff was offered also because our depth chart really sucked at qb at the time. Bringing in 4 freshmen qbs back to back years is a lot especially when having multiple kickers on scholarship at the same time adds up.
    This is also true, and why it’s so stupid to argue about this. No single offer/decision is made in its own bubble, every single decision is related and connected.

Just don’t let Hugh Millen’s spin convince you the only reason Cale didn’t get offered was because he didn’t start until Junior year/he’s a late bloomer. You’re letting the agent dictate the narrative on why that team didn’t hire his client.

Hugh’s been successful at getting Doogman to buy this, and already he’s gotten other KJR staff to turn this idea into segments on their show. Don’t let it seep into here, we’re supposed to have a capacity for a little more critical thinking than that.
    Been to the Tug lately?
    Meek said:

Oregon doesn't recruit quarterbacks to groom them so they can eventually play. They recruit transfers. Millen will never see the field. HTH

Huh? Because they brought in one guy who frankly should have been recruited by a P5 program who was pretty fucking good, and another who sucked, all to gap lazy recruiting, that's "what they do"?

Is that what they did with the current starter?

This is a stupid comment. They are on coach 3 in year 3. Nobody here knows what Oregon does or does not do, because Oregon does not even know what Oregon does.

Every coach is a new program. Period. That's the way this game works. It's fun and nostalgic to think our favorite, and least favorite, programs have DNA, culture and all that shit. They are as good or as bad as the current crew coaching them.

No idea if the kid will see the field, but it won't be because they prefer transfers. It'll be because there's somebody better.
    edited December 2018
    RealRhino said:

If Petersen makes coaching decisions based on which KJR tools have sired athletic offspring, then fire him tomorrow.

Really? I have no problem with the concept of that factors other than purely athletic talent can matter in recruiting decisions. I doubt anybody really does. We always hear things such as if the talent is equal, take the local kid. It will lead to benefits down the road. Stuff like that. Will take a guy who has a more talented teammate to help sway that teammate, for example. Really? I have no problem with the concept of that factors other than purely athletic talent can matter in recruiting decisions. I doubt anybody really does. We always hear things such as if the talent is equal, take the local kid. It will lead to benefits down the road. Stuff like that. Will take a guy who has a more talented teammate to help sway that teammate, for example.

This is just another factor to be thrown into the mix.
    I agree with the others. Yeah, 'other' factors matter, but not the Hugh Millen factor. That's going too far. I don't think KJR and that cast of clowns are any more persuasive or tone setting than the men of doogman or Ruth.

Dummies will dummy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jacob Sirmon
    Colson Yankoff
    Sam Huard

It’ll be fine.
    It’s way too early, but I think Yankoff and Sirmon will be busts. I was a big Yankoff guy, but realy reports are his arm sucks. Sirmon doesn’t have it between the ears.