Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We? should have recruited Cale Millen

Do you like Dylan Morris better? Who cares? Question is if you like him better enough.

Is the gap big enough to turn away a legacy whose father has one of the biggest platforms in Seattle to promote Husky football? I don’t think so. Frankly it looks like a wash to me and Morris doesn’t look like starter material. So now we have Millen hedging ON AIR instead of promoting. Not worth it.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Millen was a late bloomer and that's what it came down to. I don't fault the staff on this.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Millen was a late bloomer and that's what it came down to. I don't fault the staff on this.

I doubt that’s the only reason, if he was worth it they still would have offered late, they did it with Yankoff. You can like Cale Millen and still think Morris is a better fit for your offensive scheme.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

I doubt that’s the only reason, if he was worth it they still would have offered late, they did it with Yankoff. You can like Cale Millen and still think Morris is a better fit for your offensive scheme.
    Yankoff was offered also because our depth chart really sucked at qb at the time. Bringing in 4 freshmen qbs back to back years is a lot especially when having multiple kickers on scholarship at the same time adds up.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited December 2018

Domicillo said:

Yankoff was offered also because our depth chart really sucked at qb at the time. Bringing in 4 freshmen qbs back to back years is a lot especially when having multiple kickers on scholarship at the same time adds up.
    This is also true, and why it’s so stupid to argue about this. No single offer/decision is made in its own bubble, every single decision is related and connected.

Just don’t let Hugh Millen’s spin convince you the only reason Cale didn’t get offered was because he didn’t start until Junior year/he’s a late bloomer. You’re letting the agent dictate the narrative on why that team didn’t hire his client.

Hugh’s been successful at getting Doogman to buy this, and already he’s gotten other KJR staff to turn this idea into segments on their show. Don’t let it seep into here, we’re supposed to have a capacity for a little more critical thinking than that.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Oregon doesn't recruit quarterbacks to groom them so they can eventually play. They recruit transfers. Millen will never see the field. HTH
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Cale was not offer worthy when Morris committed. Looking back we may have jumped the gun but I doubt either ever start a meaningful pac-12 game
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck Hugh. How useful has he been as a UW promoterprior to this? Not at all by my estimation.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't/wouldn't want either QB. Not thrilled by Morris, wouldn't want Cale.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    RealRhino said:

Do you like Dylan Morris better? Who cares? Question is if you like him better enough.

Is the gap big enough to turn away a legacy whose father has one of the biggest platforms in Seattle to promote Husky football? I don’t think so. Frankly it looks like a wash to me and Morris doesn’t look like starter material. So now we have Millen hedging ON AIR instead of promoting. Not worth it.

I don't live in Seattle and don't give a fuck about Cale Millen or his ancestors. I live in LA. So like every other recruit in socal just win and that helps with recruiting here and in the rest of the fucken country! All that matters is winning not appeasing old local fucks! The brand needs to grow bigger and stronger by winning so we can recruit the best anywhere in the country. If you want to watch nothing but local talent then watch WA highschool football.

• RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If Petersen makes coaching decisions based on which KJR tools have sired athletic offspring, then fire him tomorrow.

Really? I have no problem with the concept of that factors other than purely athletic talent can matter in recruiting decisions. I doubt anybody really does. We always hear things such as if the talent is equal, take the local kid. It will lead to benefits down the road. Stuff like that. Will take a guy who has a more talented teammate to help sway that teammate, for example. Really? I have no problem with the concept of that factors other than purely athletic talent can matter in recruiting decisions. I doubt anybody really does. We always hear things such as if the talent is equal, take the local kid. It will lead to benefits down the road. Stuff like that. Will take a guy who has a more talented teammate to help sway that teammate, for example.

This is just another factor to be thrown into the mix.