Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW vs Oregon's class from a USC perspective

124»

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

The DT/DE/OLB stuff is interesting as well. Lets pencil Funa in Hollins spot and pencil KT where Jelks is. That’s amazing. But in a system where you only play 2 DT’s for UDUB to get these guys it’s like getting a two deep of KT/Funa.

But my whole point was the depth of Oregon’s class that scares me because Townsend and Ma’ae are back up plans for Latu and Trice. I just feel that way about a lot of Oregon’s class.

Keyon ware and sua’va would be behind Tui, Bandes, and Paama by quite a ways (basing this all off film). ILB they picked up that Mathis kid late and I don’t think funa is going to play inside. I wasn’t saying safety was major for them but if you look at all these guys they aren’t #1/#2 options outside of KT, Jonah, and Wright and kind of Mase due to the injury.

I see you're starting to come around.
    Ballz I love you. But don’t think for a second that you have any influence on a football opinion that I have. Keep doing you tho and again I love you.

And I’ve been around on Oregon having an overrated class because all of my friends are rich ass Oregon kids who don’t know shit. I do like a lot of their players but it’s a total Sark class.
    Dude, Mario is way better recruiter than sark. Have some respect
    I have a lot of respect and love for Mario Cristobal I actually just wanna hang out with him in Miami and eat food and see the face he makes when his kids piss him off. One of the best things from this season was the emergence of Mario frustrated face that first came to fruition in the Stanford game.

I like this class, I like KT, I’ve always loved Funa, Mycah is a perfect Oregon possession WR, there’s a lot of things to love. I just think for people to be calling it a “Top 5 class” can kinda give false expectations to my Oregon friends who I have to kinda talk down and go through to show them to still take it slow and there’s nothing wrong with going 8-4 right now. I don’t wanna be dooging or saying they suck I just have to reason with people so that when they go 8-4 they aren’t all trying to kill themselves because they thought they were gonna win a natty.
    You will never convince Quooks that they don't have a chance to win the natty in any given year. It's why quooks are fucking awful. Some quooks were convinced Oregon was going to the playoff the year we got Prukop...
    The hype over this recruiting class is going to have a net negative effect on quook morale in 2019. The 18 year old blue chips won't turn a mid tier team, minus it's NFL QB and best player on a bad defense, into a playoff contender. Rebuilding is a painful process to inexperienced fans. I'm not sure Oregon's fan base can survive it. OBK is a pretty good example.
    The one good thing for Oregon is the lack of competition in the Pac 12. Looking at their schedule:

Auburn - Honestly...I don't think Oregon is tuff enough yet to win a game like this. The bowl game against Michigan State will tell me a lot

at Stanford - tough game, but Stanford has been fading

at Washington - Loss for sure

Washington St - Let's see what the new QB does

at ASU - ASU is a late season dumpster fire until proven wrong.

I think the Ducks have a path to 9-3. And yes it's pathetic to celebrate that, but that at least keeps the vibes positive for another strong class. If Oregon can just string two of these classes together, they will be a tough out.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

The DT/DE/OLB stuff is interesting as well. Lets pencil Funa in Hollins spot and pencil KT where Jelks is. That’s amazing. But in a system where you only play 2 DT’s for UDUB to get these guys it’s like getting a two deep of KT/Funa.

But my whole point was the depth of Oregon’s class that scares me because Townsend and Ma’ae are back up plans for Latu and Trice. I just feel that way about a lot of Oregon’s class.

Keyon ware and sua’va would be behind Tui, Bandes, and Paama by quite a ways (basing this all off film). ILB they picked up that Mathis kid late and I don’t think funa is going to play inside. I wasn’t saying safety was major for them but if you look at all these guys they aren’t #1/#2 options outside of KT, Jonah, and Wright and kind of Mase due to the injury.

I see you're starting to come around.
    Ballz I love you. But don’t think for a second that you have any influence on a football opinion that I have. Keep doing you tho and again I love you.

And I’ve been around on Oregon having an overrated class because all of my friends are rich ass Oregon kids who don’t know shit. I do like a lot of their players but it’s a total Sark class.
    Dude, Mario is way better recruiter than sark. Have some respect
    I have a lot of respect and love for Mario Cristobal I actually just wanna hang out with him in Miami and eat food and see the face he makes when his kids piss him off. One of the best things from this season was the emergence of Mario frustrated face that first came to fruition in the Stanford game.

I like this class, I like KT, I’ve always loved Funa, Mycah is a perfect Oregon possession WR, there’s a lot of things to love. I just think for people to be calling it a “Top 5 class” can kinda give false expectations to my Oregon friends who I have to kinda talk down and go through to show them to still take it slow and there’s nothing wrong with going 8-4 right now. I don’t wanna be dooging or saying they suck I just have to reason with people so that when they go 8-4 they aren’t all trying to kill themselves because they thought they were gonna win a natty.
    You will never convince Quooks that they don't have a chance to win the natty in any given year. It's why quooks are fucking awful. Some quooks were convinced Oregon was going to the playoff the year we got Prukop...
    The hype over this recruiting class is going to have a net negative effect on quook morale in 2019. The 18 year old blue chips won't turn a mid tier team, minus it's NFL QB and best player on a bad defense, into a playoff contender. Rebuilding is a painful process to inexperienced fans. I'm not sure Oregon's fan base can survive it. OBK is a pretty good example.
    The one good thing for Oregon is the lack of competition in the Pac 12. Looking at their schedule:

Auburn - Honestly...I don't think Oregon is tuff enough yet to win a game like this. The bowl game against Michigan State will tell me a lot

at Stanford - tough game, but Stanford has been fading

at Washington - Loss for sure

Washington St - Let's see what the new QB does

at ASU - ASU is a late season dumpster fire until proven wrong.

I think the Ducks have a path to 9-3. And yes it's pathetic to celebrate that, but that at least keeps the vibes positive for another strong class. If Oregon can just string two of these classes together, they will be a tough out.

Disagree. I think 9-3 would be stellar and an ominous signal to the rest of the league. It would signal that Mario is legit and not just a recruiter.