Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Class is Beautiful

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Warning: Passion about to go on D-Line rant. Some of this is basic shit, so feel free to disregard or tell me to get lost. I'm just so excited right now I may pee my pants so indulge me a little.

A stellar defensive line is the most valuable asset on a football team. (Eat shit if you don't agree.) QB may be the single post important position (because they touch the ball every play), but football is played on a large surface, with 22 people impacting the game at a single time. Therefore, no one person can completely and consistently change a game without others also performing well. The game's design requires small groups of people to play in unison and to play well (D-line, O-line, DBs, etc.).

The Defensive Line is the Most Important Position/Area on the Team. Every play begins with the ball on the line of scrimmage, and then being transferred into the offense's backfield. Everything proceeds from there. Therefore, the faster an opposing defense can disrupt the offense's backfield on a given play, the harder it will be to score.

Not only that, but the D-LINE MAKES EVERY POSITION ON THE DEFENSE BETTER. A standout front-four will occupy more blockers, meaning that LBs don't have a guard bearing down on them. LBs are free to roam and make tackles or drop into pass coverage. And of course, great DLs mean that DBs don't have to stick with their WRs for long periods of time. They make pass coverage easier.

This class is so Fucking Fantastic not just because of the quality, but also because of the depth. Allowing big guys to rotate ensures freshness in the 4th quarter. In 2-3 years Washington will be able to rotate the following guys: Tryon, Tuli Letuli, Tamani, Draco Bynum, Nasili Lieu, Pa'ama, Tuitele, Bandes, Ngalu, Bralen Trice and (of course) Latu.

A team can have an average offense, but a great defensive line will keep them in every game. They may not win every game with only a great D-line, but nearly every game will be close and winnable in the 4th quarter.

I think back on all of the poor recruiting classes under the last several head coaches. It makes me appreciate what happened today all the more. I'm numb reading about the players comprising this class. Unfuckingbelievable.

The Formula: Push Up the Middle and Heat from the Edge.

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Elite fatties are the rarest thing you can find. We got 4 of them. HAHAHA EVERYONE IS FUCKED.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

Elite fatties are the rarest thing you can find. We got 4 of them. HAHAHA EVERYONE IS FUCKED.

I invite you to tell Tuitele and Pa'ama that they are "elite fatties." Just tell me when and where so I can watch.
    I'd pay 10.95 to watch.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    if anyone disagrees, just watch 2017 apple cup or the cal game. vita single handedly just ruined the opposing offensive coordinators game plan.