Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hey Ducks

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,779
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

It’s a rivalry. Not one that particularly gets the juices flowing anymore. But it is.

So is Washington.

The idea that those games don’t stand out on the schedule a little more than others is disingenuous.

I will say that the college football rivalry overall has lost a little luster over the past decade or so. Probably the over saturation of their coverage that oversold them through misty eyed boomer lens.

Lots of self parody and false overenthusiasm over time wore away at the roots of these games.

Final straw was the internet that made everyone hate everyone else almost on equal terms.

Before it was just your neighbor. Now I hate bitchfork and bearswin as much as my brother in law.

Having one team hate the other isn't a rivalry. It's limp wristed bullshit.

The only rivalry in the entire conference, or at least the only one worth a shit, is Washington/Oregon. Everything else is perfectly reflective of the Pac 12 and the West. Nobody really gives a shit.
    Sure.gif.

Nothing like a 2-13 record with your rival to get your hackles up.
    Don't be that way bra'. We got the coog thing going. Nobody else has that. We don't need no stinkin' rivalry.
    You want the Bellevue coeds with daddy issues. You need the Bellevue coeds with daddy issues.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

salemcoog said:

It’s a rivalry. Not one that particularly gets the juices flowing anymore. But it is.

So is Washington.

The idea that those games don’t stand out on the schedule a little more than others is disingenuous.

I will say that the college football rivalry overall has lost a little luster over the past decade or so. Probably the over saturation of their coverage that oversold them through misty eyed boomer lens.

Lots of self parody and false overenthusiasm over time wore away at the roots of these games.

Final straw was the internet that made everyone hate everyone else almost on equal terms.

Before it was just your neighbor. Now I hate bitchfork and bearswin as much as my brother in law.

Having one team hate the other isn't a rivalry. It's limp wristed bullshit.

The only rivalry in the entire conference, or at least the only one worth a shit, is Washington/Oregon. Everything else is perfectly reflective of the Pac 12 and the West. Nobody really gives a shit.
    Sure.gif.

Nothing like a 2-13 record with your rival to get your hackles up.
    Don't be that way bra'. We got the coog thing going. Nobody else has that. We don't need no stinkin' rivalry.
    You want the Bellevue coeds with daddy issues. You need the Bellevue coeds with daddy issues.

Want em

Need em

Got em