Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Total number of offers that each P5 schools made for the 2019 recruiting class.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    lol Oregon

An offer from them is roughly equivalent to getting your name in the phone book.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

lol Oregon

An offer from them is roughly equivalent to getting your name in the phone book.

Who gives a fuck? It's obviously working. But no you're right, I'd rather trade this class in for one of Helfrich's 100 or so offered classes.

It doesn't matter how "prestigious" your offers are. All that matters are who signs on the line. Your? class is great, and the limited offers works for UW. It looks like the carpet bombing of offers works for Oregon. There's more than one way to recruit, and multiple ways work.

Oregon is big on social media, and enjoy the chase. Petersen is more selective, and doesn't want to waste time one kids that are long shots.
    You are usually pretty chill. Which is why I am surprised you are so touchy about this.
    Not really. Normally I'd throw an insult in or two. I'm just pointing out that there are multiple strategies to successful recruiting. Petersen, being a more cerebral guy, doesn't want to fuck around with 200-300 prospects. On the other hand...Cristobal loves that stuff and his staff carries a much bigger presence on twitter, so sucking up to 200-300 recruits is easier for them. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

lol Oregon

Who gives a fuck? It's obviously working. But no you're right, I'd rather trade this class in for one of Helfrich's 100 or so offered classes.

It doesn't matter how "prestigious" your offers are. All that matters are who signs on the line. Your? class is great, and the limited offers works for UW. It looks like the carpet bombing of offers works for Oregon. There's more than one way to recruit, and multiple ways work.

Oregon is big on social media, and enjoy the chase. Petersen is more selective, and doesn't want to waste time one kids that are long shots.
    You are usually pretty chill. Which is why I am surprised you are so touchy about this.
    Not really. Normally I'd throw an insult in or two. I'm just pointing out that there are multiple strategies to successful recruiting. Petersen, being a more cerebral guy, doesn't want to fuck around with 200-300 prospects. On the other hand...Cristobal loves that stuff and his staff carries a much bigger presence on twitter, so sucking up to 200-300 recruits is easier for them. That's all I'm saying.
    I'm just giving you shit. Unlike some of the mouth breathers here, I'm the first to admit Oregon has been killing it this year. No question at this point Oregon and UW are 1A and 1B in Pac-12 recruiting this year, and it isn't close. I could see a touch more separation, or even flipping spots depending on how each school does with closing (if we whiff on receivers and Turner flips Oregon edges us out no issues unless a couple major surprises happen on their side), but no matter what these two classes are the best in the Pac-12 on signing day.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What Oregon is doing works so why not

Even if Cristobal sucks the next guy is going to love it
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

lol Oregon

Not really. Normally I'd throw an insult in or two. I'm just pointing out that there are multiple strategies to successful recruiting. Petersen, being a more cerebral guy, doesn't want to fuck around with 200-300 prospects. On the other hand...Cristobal loves that stuff and his staff carries a much bigger presence on twitter, so sucking up to off 200-300 recruits is easier for them. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    DeepDawg said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

lol Oregon

Not really. Normally I'd throw an insult in or two. I'm just pointing out that there are multiple strategies to successful recruiting. Petersen, being a more cerebral guy, doesn't want to fuck around with 200-300 prospects. On the other hand...Cristobal loves that stuff and his staff carries a much bigger presence on twitter, so sucking up to off 200-300 recruits is easier for them. That's all I'm saying.
    If sucking off 200-300 recruits is wrong I don't want to be right.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

lol Oregon

Idk y ppl bashing on Oregon. Their class is fucking solid, also if they get Junstin fields it will be a very solid class
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

lol Oregon

Please don’t fag out like the other Quooks.

I appreciate having you around.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

lol Oregon

Please don’t fag out like the other Quooks.

I appreciate having you around.
    I've been around since the PIT and owen12, I'm not going anywhere...unless of course I lose a UW/UO bet next year.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I really hope we get that rivalry we all want. There seems to never be a consistent period of time where both teams are at a high level. I'm hoping in the next couple years that changes. It would nice to have mutual hate for each other but also respect and fear each other at the same time.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I really hope we get that rivalry we all want. There seems to never be a consistent period of time where both teams are at a high level. I'm hoping in the next couple years that changes. It would nice to have mutual hate for each other but also fear each other at the same time.

Ur edge play should be ridiculous next year, but ur DT are going to get fucking owned. That area of the d I don’t think Oregon has recruited well.
  • Options

I really hope we get that rivalry we all want. There seems to never be a consistent period of time where both teams are at a high level. I'm hoping in the next couple years that changes. It would nice to have mutual hate for each other but also fear each other at the same time.

Ur edge play should be ridiculous next year, but ur DT are going to get fucking owned. That area of the d I don’t think Oregon has recruited well.
    Jordon Scott has been good. But you're right, the Ducks desperately need to add depth there.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

lol Oregon

You fly this op, @Swaye ?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam

I really hope we get that rivalry we all want. There seems to never be a consistent period of time where both teams are at a high level. I'm hoping in the next couple years that changes. It would nice to have mutual hate for each other but also respect and fear each other at the same time.

Oregon went to a Cotton Bowl around the time UW went to back to back Rose Bowls in 59 and 60 because Oregon was not in the Pac for a few years there. It was a 5 team league after the break up of the old Pacific Coast Conference due to rampant buying of players

I recall the Oregon game as one that my dad cared about back then along with the Cal schools. They wallowed in some pretty heated mediocrity the rest of the 60's and into the 70's. It was even and bitter but USC was winning the league every year with UCLA and Stanford snaring a couple.

Since Don James one team has dominated the other. Very few close or memorable games.

It does look like the programs are aligning. After 70-21 I wasn't sure if Oregon had decided to drop football. Turns out they didn't