Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Laiatu Latu, 4* 2019 BUCK, Carmichael (Jesuit), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

In Eklunds blog, hes actually admitting he had bad info on Latu and that Latu was all SC before his visit. Also says he believes Latu will sign with UW on the 19th and announce on the 30th.

I guess we'll know if it's announced that UW signed 21 players on the 19th and there are only 20 on the commit list

Latu has wanted sc for a while. His parents or at least his mom has been a uw proponent since the in home. This is not that hard but eklund is super lazy and finds ways to make it difficult to do his job.
    Huffman said yesterday that he had sources who said Latu had been a silent commit to USC since July but he couldn’t confirm if that was true and that If it was true UW could end that with a good visit.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

In Eklunds blog, hes actually admitting he had bad info on Latu and that Latu was all SC before his visit. Also says he believes Latu will sign with UW on the 19th and announce on the 30th.

I guess we'll know if it's announced that UW signed 21 players on the 19th and there are only 20 on the commit list

How can somebody sign on the 19th and then announce on the 30th? Doesn't the news become public once he signs?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Passion said:

How can somebody sign on the 19th and then announce on the 30th? Doesn't the news become public once he signs?
    Only if UW wants it to. Someone could file a public records request but that’s gonna take longer than 11 days.

ATBS(JBS!) I don’t see Pete as the kind of coach to play along with that shit. If he signs we’ll know IMO.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Only if UW wants it to. Someone could file a public records request but that’s gonna take longer than 11 days.

ATBS(JBS!) I don’t see Pete as the kind of coach to play along with that shit. If he signs we’ll know IMO.
    They can just email a picture of the signed LOI now as well so it would seem pretty easy to keep a signing under wraps.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    This kids frame is fucking massive
  • Options
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Actually, my guess is that Pete would respect the wishes of the recruit and his family. If he wants to keep his signed LOI private until the Poly Bowl, I bet Pete would respect it.

But what the hell do I know.
    You may be right in that he’d already have his LOI.

We shall see.
  • Options

Passion said:

I would usually agree with this 100% but as we recruit more and more high profile recruits I think he’s going to pick his battles on when to be a stiff ass dad like recruiter and when he’s going to have to playcate.

Here I see Pete not caring as long as he gets the LOI in. It would not be seen cool whatsoever to trample all over a kids announcement especially such a good kid like Latu who isn’t trying to make a commitment documentary video that is longer than the OJ 30 for 30. A lot of these kids pick a certain date for sentimental family reasons so I don’t see Pete saying fuck your announcement fall in line unless he wants to show other recruits how selfish he is.
    Not suggesting Pete would leak the information against Latus wishes, just saying he may tell him “if you sign with us you need to tell people by the day you sign, no secrets.”

Time will tell.

He’s obviously waited to WOOF in accordance with kids’ wishes so I could be wrong.
  • Options

Passion said:

I would usually agree with this 100% but as we recruit more and more high profile recruits I think he’s going to pick his battles on when to be a stiff ass dad like recruiter and when he’s going to have to playcate.

Here I see Pete not caring as long as he gets the LOI in. It would not be seen cool whatsoever to trample all over a kids announcement especially such a good kid like Latu who isn’t trying to make a commitment documentary video that is longer than the OJ 30 for 30. A lot of these kids pick a certain date for sentimental family reasons so I don’t see Pete saying fuck your announcement fall in line unless he wants to show other recruits how selfish he is.
    Not suggesting Pete would leak the information against Latus wishes, just saying he may tell him “if you sign with us you need to tell people by the day you sign, no secrets.”

Time will tell.

He’s obviously waited to WOOF in accordance with kids’ wishes so I could be wrong.
    Agree and “tell people” may just mean people Pete cares about, meaning coaches from other schools trying to recruit him. Pete couldn’t give a fuck about telling Huffman and Biggins where he’s going and probably wouldn’t mind recruits keeping more secrets from those guys. But Pete would absolutely care that Latu tells Johnny Nansen to stay away from him and his family because he already signed and it’s a done deal.
    Agree

And if he tells other coaches, it will get out
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

eklund doesn't know jack shit. he didn't know jack shit before the visit and he still doesn't know jack shit. his "info" before the visit was most like a guess and his "info" now is probably based on what huffman told them on KJR
    @NSA_Dawg has confirmed that Eklund is a realdawg subscriber
  • Options

dhdawg said:

eklund doesn't know jack shit. he didn't know jack shit before the visit and he still doesn't know jack shit. his "info" before the visit was most like a guess and his "info" now is probably based on what huffman told them on KJR
    I know Jack Schitt. Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, a partner of Kneedeep &. Schitt Inc.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious couple produced 6 children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins: Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop out. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Mr. Sherlock, and because her kids were living with them she wanted to keep her previous name. She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.

Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a nervous son, Chicken Schitt.

Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding.

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new bride, Piza Schitt.
    Cool story bro
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Kyler signed with us before he announced last year, granted it wasn't 2 weeks, and it kinda got out. I imagine if he signs with us we'll immediately see 20 CB's and Biggins say UW is 'heavy favorites'

No he didnt
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018

G

Kyler signed with us before he announced last year, granted it wasn't 2 weeks, and it kinda got out. I imagine if he signs with us we'll immediately see 20 CB's and Biggins say UW is 'heavy favorites'

No he didnt
    Huh I guess I remembered that wrong

I blame @dnc for my confusion