Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rose Bowl Game Plan

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
I have been watching full highlights from the tOSU vs. Penn State and tOSU vs. Purdue games. Huskies match-up pretty well with them actually. They have a couple of playmakers that are really really good and will burn us at least a few times but still should be survivable.

Anyway if Peterman et. all aren't total dumb-shits, then we should see.

As Don James used to say, defense travels and UW's is the healthiest its been all year (thank Zeus that Bosa is out for them).

On D

1. Not much blitzing

2. Lots of Cover 3, maybe more Cover 2 than usual...making Haskins check down and dink and dunk, hoping he gets impatient and forces a deep ball for an INT.

3. BBK and LBs on high alert for screens, particularly on 3rd and long

4. Haskins isn't much of a runner so not much spying (if at all)

On O

1. Hunter Bryant vs. tOSU's LBs is a match-up UW should win, no excuse for not targeting him at least 5 times

2. At least two deep balls to Ty Jones to keep tOSU honest.

3. Fly-sweeps / motion / misdirection as tOSU has been vulnerable to it / missed assignments (Ahmed is healthy so get him the ball)

4. Swing passes and / or screens to Gaskin.

5. Draws (tOSU's LBs didn't defend them that well from what I saw)

6. Some power running as tOSU's DL, I'm surprised they aren't stouter.

7. Browning possibly checking into 5 or 7 yard slants on 3rd and medium when tOSU is showing blitz

Blast away.

Comments

• Options
    SECGRIDIRONSECGRIDIRON Member Posts: 93
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2018
    I like the Huskies in this one. UW defense > tOSU offense and visa versa
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018

u clearly have not watched browning play
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If Browning turns the ball over in the redzone again, we are DOOMED

tOSU ST >>>>> UW ST, perhaps the biggest mismatch in favor of tOSU.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HGUMh5rOycs

\

• Options
    SECGRIDIRONSECGRIDIRON Member Posts: 93
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper

Ha. Watched enuf. Def not a good look against Bama when I first paid attn. And not a good look in other gaymes with big heavy pressure like Allbarn. BUT, tOSU does not have Bosa...and there’s another one(jones? Cooper?) can’t remeber or find but if they don’t play, and now Adams there, Browning may be OK.

Believe he can scortch tOSU defense and now should have tim. Question and gayme will totally rely on if UW is really west coast DBU.... game will totally come down to fukn up Haskins. Pressure and coverage. Have to have coverage to allow UW to get to haskins. If he finds open receivers quick, gone be a long night. If UW secondary will cover and Haskins can not find open receivers and give 3 seconds for UW front 7 to get to him, UW wins.

IMO, tOSU has not face a secondary like UW, Haskins will have trouble finding open receivers and will have to do a lot of lifting on his own or sacked, Browning will not have to face the best DL in country and may have Tim. This OSU defense is not Bama or Allbarn on the front.

There’s a good chance UW wins, and way I like it, a slobber knocker.