Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

No Excuses for tOSU

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
The feeling I get is that if UW wins, tOSU and the national media will treat this game similarly to Auburn-UCF last year.

Not so fast my friends! Heisman finalist Haskins vs. UW secondary is not only one of the most intriguing post season matchups, it holds heavy NFL draft implications for both teams.

If Haskins shreds Murphy, Miller, Rapp, Bryant, and JoJo he will lock down a top10 draft slot and be first QB off the board. He has everything to player for January 1st and will bring his A game.

Flip side is Rapp, Murphy, and Miller have been projected anywhere from top10 to 5th round. Their variance is huge on the draft boards and shutting down Haskins' passing attack will make a difference in their positioning.

Best team wins 1/1/19, no excuses.

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,975
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Rapp and Murphy are top 100 locks everywhere I have seen. Miller and JoJo are the ones that are fluctuating from 3rd round to undrafted.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Rapp and Murphy are top 100 locks everywhere I have seen. Miller and JoJo are the ones that are fluctuating from 3rd round to undrafted.

1st round vs 3rd round is a pretty big difference in money and perception.

Can't claim DBU without some first round love.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Haskins has 4 years of high school under his belt and wants to really win this game

The big question is why is @Doogles a quitter? If we? win you need to drink the wine of victory with your fellow DAWGS!

Make sense? DAWG sense!

This is not a solicitation to fall off the wagon, lose your job, and go to prison.

UW needs to win this game regardless of how good the opponent is. We need to be the opponent no one thinks they can beat. Its the old strength of schedule argument. The worse you suck the tufer your schedule is

DOMINATE

This

Games were lost in the tunnel before the game started

Now....we can't even get out of the tunnel.

(See Arizona State game)
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    OSU isn't coming off a loss like Auburn was. They don't get that excuse, they come into the game on a roll.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Scarlet and Gay -- All Day!
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    We won’t score on them.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    AEB said:

We won’t score on them.

Their fans don’t score on anyone either, except for people with poor genetic dispositions, backwoods family members and goats.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I can leave it all on the ice in a pick up game of shinny then these guys should all be pretty fired up to play in the ROSE BOWL. Totally over analized. These are guys that have only known 100% effort since they were 12 years old. No one on the field is disinterested in the slightest. Media crap shouldnt even be in the discussion for this game.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    I heard we might be overlooking this game and focusing our efforts on Michigan in 2020