Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Truth About Husky Fans vs Oregon

TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Most of us never realized during all those years and trips down to Eugene when UW was kicking Oregon butt in football just how much the ducks hated our canine guts. While Don James during his eighteen years as Dawgfather was dominating our supposed south-of-the-Columbia rival 15-3 and the ducks continued to slum it in their bermed armpit of a stadium with it's bent and rusting chain-linked fence, I believe most of us were much more focused on beating USC, UCLA, ASU or even the Palouse sodbusters than we were on plowing under the lowly green and yeller one more time. We were going to bowl games every year winning most and our stadium was packed with rabidity nearly every Saturday, and who can forget when we helped pack Autzen to capacity with upwards of 15,000 traveling Dawgfans.

I first started to notice the duck hatred for all that we were to them in Eugene at the 1992 game, which was a hard fought affair that the Huskies won 24-3 in front of a packed SRO capacity Autzen crowd of 48,000. Everything went against the ducks that day who according to their fans in the stands had to battle the Pac-10 refs as well as the "Fucking Arrogant Huskies". It was the first game at which I noticed ducks combining their favorite F-word with Arrogance in describing us and the first time I sensed their true Husky hatred. I had as was my habit purchased a bunch of tickets for my extended family living in Oregon including my parents as well as for all my crew of eight Dawgs travelling down from Seattle. At the post-game tailgate which was then a family tradition I was reminded of the Bee bee King classic: "Nobody loves me but my Mother, and she may be jiving me too." Of course, the 1994 embarrassment two years later, which my daughters still refer to as that "that ball-grabbing game" need not be hashed over again here.

I could be off-base on this, but I believe we have an entire generation of Huskyfans who cannot realize why the ducks must hate us so and many of this new millennium generation have chosen not to partake in our traditional Husky arrogance because they've neither seen nor experienced anything in Husky Football to be arrogant about. This kind of pseudo-loserism inevitably leads to envy by some of us especially for an Oregon program that has dominated UW for nine straight wins and that envy I suppose can only result in obsession with anything aside from moribund Husky Football that might come along to limit-out on ducks. However, believe me when I protest that although there may be few of us hanging around on the Internet, there are still mobs of us in the stands on Saturdays and relaxing at pregame and postgame tailgates who are still arrogant and remember why duckfuckers will always avoid the C-word ......... which has something to do with that sodomy-of-seduction thing all ducks fear.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It has been amusing lately to read posts where a husky fans are bitching about arrogant Oregon fans.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The hardcore truth is the fact Washington will never be the Washington of the 80's & 90's. Just go to the game to enjoy the changing colors of the leaves in the fall, and the crisp air coming off of montlake. Hold the memories of going with your father looking at the scenic views of the mountains and lake Washington.

The clowns running the football program will not allow to it be.

• PopeHarvPopeHarv Member Posts: 92
    Photogenic 5 Up Votes First Comment
    jecornel said:

The hardcore truth is the fact Washington will never be the Washington of the 80's & 90's. Just go to the game to enjoy the changing colors of the leaves in the fall, and the crisp air coming off of montlake. Hold the memories of going with your father looking at the scenic views of the mountains and lake Washington.

Washington wasn't great in the 80's and 90's, either. That's a ruse.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

jecornel said:

Great Coog assessment as always.

WARBTPO

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Don James and AAAAANDY had a laugh at your poast.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

jecornel said:

Great revisionist script, as always.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Don James and AAAAANDY and Barry Switzer and Jim Harbaugh and Desmond Howard all had a laugh at your poast.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

And the South is still winning the War they couldn't lose in the 60's. It's all in the rewrite.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

some yrs were great, somewhere decent, some disappointing

I didn't really follow Husky football until the mid 80's, and I remember some big disappointments like getting killed by Bammer in the Sun Bowl, limping to 6-4-1 the next year, and missing a bowl on '88. my main point is, it wasn't all Rose Bowls and top 10 finishes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

jecornel said:

some yrs were great, somewhere decent, some disappointing

I didn't really follow Husky football until the mid 80's, and I remember some big disappointments like getting killed by Bammer in the Sun Bowl, limping to 6-4-1 the next year, and missing a bowl on '88. my main point is, it wasn't all Rose Bowls and top 10 finishes.
    I'd say we were a top 15 program in the 1980's. Had six seasons where we finished ranked including three in the top 10 and one where we were ranked 2nd. Plus won a Rose Bowl and an Orange Bowl as well.

Huskies went 84-33-2(.717) winning percentage while placing in the top 2 in the conference 8 times. UW also went 6-3 in their bowl games that decade as well. I think UW actually had a more successful decade than the 1990's if you look at the entire decade.
    Founders Club
    Needs More Tim makes a good point here

I don't know why it shows up as Needs more tim. I guess UW could use some more Tim Meamber.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I don't know why it shows up as Needs more tim. I guess Hardcore Husky could use some more Tim Tebow.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tailgater said:

I could be off-base on this, but I believe we have an entire generation of HUSKY ATHLETIC DIRECTORS NAMED SCOTT WOODWARD who cannot realize why the ducks must hate us so and many of this new millennium generation have chosen not to partake in our traditional Husky arrogance because they've neither seen nor experienced anything in Husky Football to be arrogant about. This kind of pseudo-loserism inevitably leads to envy by HUSKY ATHLETIC DIRECTOR SCOTT WOODWARD for an Oregon program that has dominated UW for nine straight wins and that envy I suppose can only result in obsession with anything aside from moribund AND HOT TICKET Husky Football that might come along to limit-out on ducks. However, believe me when I protest that although there may be few of us hanging around on the Internet, there are still mobs of us in the stands on Saturdays and relaxing at pregame and postgame tailgates who are still arrogant and remember why duckfuckers will always avoid the C-word ......... which has something to do with that sodomy-of-seduction thing all ducks fear.

Fixed
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Meek said:

Tailgater said:

I could be off-base on this, but I believe we have an entire generation of HUSKY ATHLETIC DIRECTORS NAMED SCOTT WOODWARD who cannot realize why the ducks must hate us so and many of this new millennium generation have chosen not to partake in our traditional Husky arrogance because they've neither seen nor experienced anything in Husky Football to be arrogant about. This kind of pseudo-loserism inevitably leads to envy by HUSKY ATHLETIC DIRECTOR SCOTT WOODWARD for an Oregon program that has dominated UW for nine straight wins and that envy I suppose can only result in obsession with anything aside from moribund AND HOT TICKET Husky Football that might come along to limit-out on ducks. However, believe me when I protest that although there may be few of us hanging around on the Internet, there are still mobs of us in the stands on Saturdays and relaxing at pregame and postgame tailgates who are still arrogant and remember why duckfuckers will always avoid the C-word ......... which has something to do with that sodomy-of-seduction thing all ducks fear.

Fixed
    Thanks for the fixes. SW would never wish to look behind himself to the past. his first 4 years at UW paralleled TyBall...... 3 as Emmert's political gofer working on Dr. Snakeoil's bound-to-fail and wasted-time attempt at acquiring public funding for Husky Stadium and the 4th as interim AD-in-training during Ty's 0-12 masterpiece. Impossible to see backward and upward from such an all-time low.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Quooks hate UW more than they love their Ducks.
    TheGlove said:

Quooks hate UW more than they love their Ducks.

Most Quooks don't even know who Mike Bellotti is to be fair. They sure as fuck don't know who Rich Brooks is.
    Founders Club
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    This kind of pseudo-loserism inevitably leads to envy by some of us
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I sort of miss @Tailgater even though he was a fag.