Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

4th place in the SEC East better than 4th place in the PAC 12 North

Kentucky is on the rise and it's his in state school. I don't think this shocked anybody.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

4th place in the SEC East better than 4th place in the PAC 12 North

Kentucky is on the rise and it's his in state school. I don't think this shocked anybody.
    We'll see although I agree it isn't shocking. It was a magical season for Kentucky

Florida and Georgia will always own the East and Vandy has the basement locked up. Kentucky will hope to be high middle among SC and Mizzou

Oregon has a much higher ceiling in the SEC Far West than Kentucky has in the east
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    OFFICIAL: Decommitment thread (Needs pinned)
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I've said it before....never in my life have I ever seen so many decommits than UO the past few years. It's unbelievable.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

I've said it before....never in my life have I ever seen so many decommits than UO the past few years. It's unbelievable.

According to 247 4 so far in 2019 and 13 in 2018
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyJW said:

Doesn’t even account for the players who are listed as committed even though they never enrolled in the fall.

HuskyJW said:

Coaching change last year...decommits were expected.

4 so far this year.

Other schools this year:

Alabama - 5

Georgia - 8

LSU - 6

Oklahoma - 7

Michigan - 3

I assume these schools are dumpster fires too...am I right?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I don't know or care who this kid is. I leave all that to the @StrongArmCobra recruiting bored experts.

But Kentucky? Why? It's such a weird choice. I have no axe for the Blue Grass state, but that school is not football. Florida beat them 31 straight times. What's the play? Academis? No, not at all. If a kid picks Stanford, Duke, Vandy or Cal, I get it. Smart move that I would make myself, even though it might not be the best football move (although Furd is hardly a bad football move either). Or if a kid picks a football school over the academic choice. Hey, I wouldn't, but I get it.

This, I don't get. No academic play, and Oregon can win their conference. Kentucky cannot and will not win their own division.

He must really like it at home.

I don't know or care who this kid is. I leave all that to the @StrongArmCobra recruiting bored experts.

But Kentucky? Why? It's such a weird choice. I have no axe for the Blue Grass state, but that school is not football. Florida beat them 31 straight times. What's the play? Academis? No, not at all. If a kid picks Stanford, Duke, Vandy or Cal, I get it. Smart move that I would make myself, even though it might not be the best football move (although Furd is hardly a bad football move either). Or if a kid picks a football school over the academic choice. Hey, I wouldn't, but I get it.

This, I don't get. No academic play, and Oregon can win their conference. Kentucky cannot and will not win their own division.

Staying close to home is important to some recruits.

Staying close to home, sure, when there's something to stay close to home for. Miami kids who want to stay at Miami have something to point to, even if it's in the past. When the Swede stayed here to be part of the hometown team revival, turning down Stanford, again, there was something to point to. I get those decisions, even if I would do otherwise myself.

But Kentucky? There is literally nothing there other than the staying home part.
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 871
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

Staying close to home, sure, when there's something to stay close to home for. Miami kids who want to stay at Miami have something to point to, even if it's in the past. When the Swede stayed here to be part of the hometown team revival, turning down Stanford, again, there was something to point to. I get those decisions, even if I would do otherwise myself.

But Kentucky? There is literally nothing there other than the staying home part.
    Careful, people anywhere outside of the P12 say the same thing when a west-coast recruit decommits from an SEC/ACC/B12/B10/MtnWest/CUSA/CFL/Arena school to go to UW.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Coaching change last year...decommits were expected.

4 so far this year.

Other schools this year:

Alabama - 5

Georgia - 8

LSU - 6

Oklahoma - 7

Michigan - 3

I assume these schools are dumpster fires too...am I right?
    C'mon man, I know that YOU know that decommits from Alabama mean they are making room for higher rated recruits. That ain't the case with Oregon the last few years and it isn't the case with anyone else in the PAC12 either right now since USC is a match away from a dumpster fire.

RDR said:
    YOOOOO IT'S HAPPENING! THE ANNUAL OREGON PURGE!
    Overrated.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Methinks Mr. Flex Friday scared him off.

I was told all the kids love that shit. Guess not.