Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What ever happened to...

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
...that 4 or 5-star LB out of Aberdeen (I think) that as a freshman a few years ago was already being talked about as the #1 in-state recruit and future all-world player?

Comments

• WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Joel Dublanko is a reserve ILB for Cincinnatti. He's played a bit the last 2 years, and I think in line to start next year.

https://gobearcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7330
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Joel Dublanko?

Yep. That’s the guy. I remember all of these people raving that he was going to be the next Ray Lewis.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He originally committed to Eastern Michigan or something. Must be doing his rust belt transfer tour
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

He originally committed to Eastern Michigan or something. Must be doing his rust belt transfer tour

The soul crushing despair of the Rust Belt probably makes it feel like home.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

@creepycoug
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

AIRWOLF said:

@creepycoug
    That Great Lake snow effect shit would kill me. Still, Cincy > Aberdeen.

Aberdeen was looking for something; the town has seen better days to say the least. Watched him play once and didn't quite see it. When I watched Bruener play, I could see it. In the East / West game his senior year, which I recall was a particularly talent-heavy year for Washington recruits, he dominated. I believe Bledsoe and Lake Dawson were in that class, among others, and the Times described Mark in that game as a "man amongst boys". Kid was a fucking animal. You knew he was the shit. Don't recall any of that hype about Joe.

I thought he signed with Tennessee, which, hey, good for him, but wasn't surprised at all that he fell off the face of the earth.

The Bobcats have sent a few more up this way since, but mostly scrubs.

Apparently, Aberdeen isn't tuff enuff. Other than Jason McEndoo (Cooger) and Todd Bridge from Monte, doesn't seem like the Harb has been particularly productive by way of impact players.

Sad. Sad, really.
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic

Why do you hate Mark Bruener Aberdeen legend? :)

AIRWOLF said:

@creepycoug

Aberdeen was looking for something; the town has seen better days to say the least. Watched him play once and didn't quite see it. When I watched Bruener play, I could see it. In the East / West game his senior year, which I recall was a particularly talent-heavy year for Washington recruits, he dominated. I believe Bledsoe and Lake Dawson were in that class, among others, and the Times described Mark in that game as a "man amongst boys". Kid was a fucking animal. You knew he was the shit. Don't recall any of that hype about Joe.

I thought he signed with Tennessee, which, hey, good for him, but wasn't surprised at all that he fell off the face of the earth.

Apparently, Aberdeen isn't tuff enuff. Other than Jason McEndoo (Cooger) and Todd Bridge from Monte, doesn't seem like the Harb has been particularly productive by way of impact players.

Sad. Sad, really.
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Missed that part, just saw end. My Bad. Carry on.

Why do you hate Mark Bruener Aberdeen legend? :)

AIRWOLF said:

@creepycoug

Sad. Sad, really.
    Most of his post was praising Bruener
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    UW had another TE from the Deen after Bruener. He was a bust though
  • Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Russell was the better Mizin. And the biggest bust out of Aberdeen was ommA Givens.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Russell was the better Mizin. And the biggest bust out of Aberdeen was ommA Givens.

Damn. Haven't heard that name in 15 years
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    Doogles said:

What do the Dublanko haters have to say now!

UW could've used him
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This post on the Football Board proves that this type of thing is not confined to the "tug" board.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

This post on the Football Board proves that this type of thing is not confined to the "tug" board.

@Passion