Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC Coach #CouchSold

13»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

So Helton's plan is to load his staff with a bunch of fired coaches.

He's playing chess while we jerk off at the checkers bored.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Saracen said:

So Helton likely has 1 year to turn it around. Where the gell is he gonna find an entire staff of good coaches/recruiters willing to pack up and go to SC for one year knowing full well that they will likely be looking for a job this same time next year?

Gets me every time.
    The reverse traveling call/hand swipe over the head is the best.

Probably a good move having some ex-head coaches on staff. Swann can fire Helton mid-season now and appoint one of them as an interim.

• dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    animate said:

I could see USC coming after Harris (his dream job) for the DB job. Maybe we bring back Gerald Alexander if that happens.

Too soon. Even if USC offered the job I don't think Harris would take it yet unless it was for obscene money. Right now Harris understands that he's building his rep and skillset creating/running/administering/recruiting a db room.

Something he can't do at fucksville USC atm.
    Agree. I think they have their sights set much higher. Harris may be good, but we all know Lake is the coach of the DB’s. Gerald Alexander is a much hotter name right now.

The only way I see Harris getting the DB job is if SC hires Lake as the DC (and I don’t think he’d jump on that sinking ship). It looks like Pendergast is still the DC for now, though.