Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stats are for Losers

2nd in pac-12 in passer rating
1st in yards per catch
3rd in completion %

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

2nd in pac-12 in passer rating
    1st in yards per catch
    3rd in completion %

Oh look another metric that shows Tate is the worst qb in the conference

How people can actually watch a game and defend the guy I don't get.

Then again no one's ever watched an Arizona game
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Crawfish said:

You won't last long here if you talk about Jake Browning favorably. Hth

Joined October of 2013 and survived many weekly sacrifices in the early days so go fuck yourself.

I guess the thing we should all contemplate looking at these stats is this. Jake was efficient and did what he was asked to do. Sure he ran backwards at times and got sacked for 30 yard losses occasionally but he managed the game. That's what he was asked to do. Next year, we'll have more of a gunslinger. Gonna throw more pics, take more chances and make more mistakes. Salvon needs to stay healthy and productive or we are in real trouble next year because we would require the QB to carry the team. One who's not seen significant time in a long time.
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    Murderers' Row right there
  • CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734

Crawfish said:

Joined October of 2013 and survived many weekly sacrifices in the early days so go fuck yourself.

I guess the thing we should all contemplate looking at these stats is this. Jake was efficient and did what he was asked to do. Sure he ran backwards at times and got sacked for 30 yard losses occasionally but he managed the game. That's what he was asked to do. Next year, we'll have more of a gunslinger. Gonna throw more pics, take more chances and make more mistakes. Salvon needs to stay healthy and productive or we are in real trouble next year because we would require the QB to carry the team. One who's not seen significant time in a long time.
    I support your right to speak your mind. Keep fighting brother.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Just for reference...Lockner
  • Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125
    I remember when the PAC-10 was a league with solid QBs.

This is not that
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    edited November 2018
    any of you motherfuckers that would like to see Haener looking like a deer in the headlights playing against Utah can speak up now. As somebody presciently pointed out -- if Browning comes through somehow in the next two games (incl the RB... he might with GasCan OK) then that will be his legacy. Which is fine with me.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

I remember when the PAC-10 was a league with solid QBs.

This is not that

This is probbably the worst year in memory
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Price

Weird how both price and Browning exploded in their sophomore year to regress afterwards.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Crawfish said:

People give white QBs so much credit when they don’t do shit.

Ready for Jake’s career? He was mediocre most of the time, good 10% of the time and had catastrophic failures constantly.

In our last game he threw a red zone pick and fumbled on his own 25. And he’s a 4th year starter.

He fucking sucks. Enough.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162
    2001400ex said:

Price

Weird how both price and Browning exploded in their sophomore year to regress afterwards.
    It’s not weird at all. Price never recovered from his knee injury and that completely neutralized one of his biggest weapons. Browning meanwhile benefitted from a fantastic OL and a loaded WR/TE corps, which both dropped off the following two seasons.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Anyone that was really there Man for the Apple Cup knows that Jake did about as good as you could do in those conditions.

That shit was nasty. Way nastier than the original 92 snow bowl, as that was a much drier snow.

Some of you moss backs need to learn the difference.

This Apple Cup first soaked you and then froze you out.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited November 2018

Crawfish said:

Ready for Jake’s career? He was mediocre most of the time, good 10% of the time and had catastrophic failures constantly.

In our last game he threw a red zone pick and fumbled on his own 25. And he’s a 4th year starter.

Jake wins.

That’s why he’s UW QB GOAT.

He’ll finish with 40 wins and 4 straight bowl games.

Time to face the truth.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167

Crawfish said:

Jake wins.

That’s why he’s UW QB GOAT.

He’ll finish with 40 wins and 4 straight bowl games.

Time to face the truth.
    The team wins, typically despite browning. I assume you think the 1984 team was good because of hugh millen? That is your logic here.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited November 2018
    not a single University of Washington Husky football team has won 40 games in any 4 year span.

Ever.

As in, Never.

In about a month, Jake Browning will be the QB who achieved this, pouty face and all.

Truth.