Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hey Ducks

BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Fuck you. I hate you fuckers with the heat of a thousand suns.
Tagged:

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I can't remember caring about the Beavers either positively or negatively in my lifetime
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,885
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2018

I think it is supposed to be "the intensity of a thousand burning suns"

You're supposed to sound more like Baghdad Bob
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

I think it is supposed to be "the intensity of a thousand burning suns"

You're supposed to sound more like Baghdad Bob
    Are you my editor now?

Please fix my post. Thx. 😉

ntxduck said:

I can't remember caring about the Beavers either positively or negatively in my lifetime

Except you care enough to reply to my post.

Pump my gas duck!

ntxduck said:

Pump my gas duck!
    No, it's just a dumb rivalry that isn't really a rivalry.
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Pump my gas duck!

ntxduck said:

Pump my gas duck!
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Pump my gas duck!

ntxduck said:

Pump my gas duck!
    Ok!
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Same. I was pissed Joey threw three INT's to a guy I knew growing up in 2000, but that's about it. They're probably the least exciting Pac-12 game on the schedule for me every year.
    You guys are no fun.

Bring back the Platypus trophy.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    It was a great rivalry when the game decided which team was going to win a pac 10 game that year. There have been times going back to 2000 that both OSU and UO have been good at the same time to keep it interesting.
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2018
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Pump my gas duck!

ntxduck said:

Pump my gas duck!
    Civil War game peaked in 08-09, and has been virtually meaningless since. OSU became an FCS-quality program, and even lost to a couple of them just to prove it. Though, we do owe them thanks for hastening Helfrich's exit.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

It’s a rivalry. Not one that particularly gets the juices flowing anymore. But it is.

So is Washington.

The idea that those games don’t stand out on the schedule a little more than others is disingenuous.

I will say that the college football rivalry overall has lost a little luster over the past decade or so. Probably the over saturation of their coverage that oversold them through misty eyed boomer lens.

Lots of self parody and false overenthusiasm over time wore away at the roots of these games.

Final straw was the internet that made everyone hate everyone else almost on equal terms.

Before it was just your neighbor. Now I hate bitchfork and bearswin as much as my brother in law.

Having one team hate the other isn't a rivalry. It's limp wristed bullshit.

The only rivalry in the entire conference, or at least the only one worth a shit, is Washington/Oregon. Everything else is perfectly reflective of the Pac 12 and the West. Nobody really gives a shit.

It’s a rivalry. Not one that particularly gets the juices flowing anymore. But it is.

So is Washington.

The idea that those games don’t stand out on the schedule a little more than others is disingenuous.

I will say that the college football rivalry overall has lost a little luster over the past decade or so. Probably the over saturation of their coverage that oversold them through misty eyed boomer lens.

Lots of self parody and false overenthusiasm over time wore away at the roots of these games.

Final straw was the internet that made everyone hate everyone else almost on equal terms.

Before it was just your neighbor. Now I hate bitchfork and bearswin as much as my brother in law.

The only rivalry in the entire conference, or at least the only one worth a shit, is Washington/Oregon. Everything else is perfectly reflective of the Pac 12 and the West. Nobody really gives a shit.
    Did we win the Civil War this year? I don't remember anything about the game. #fiercerivalry
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

So is Washington.

Sure.gif.

Nothing like a 2-13 record with your rival to get your hackles up.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    salemcoog said:

So is Washington.

Sure.gif.

Nothing like a 2-13 record with your rival to get your hackles up.
    Don't be that way bra'. We got the coog thing going. Nobody else has that. We don't need no stinkin' rivalry.