Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pelosi blames sexism for the opposition to her being speaker.

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Either the most liberal and "progressive" wing of the Rat party is filled with people who hate women or Pelosi is so reflexive in her playing of the gender card that's it's just become a meaningless rhetorical crutch, kind of like how liberals are constantly making baseless allegations of racism. It's just what they do, it's who they are.

On Thursday, Pelosi brushed off the threat and said she has the votes needed to win the speakership, which will be determined in a January vote on the House floor. She hinted that sexism may be playing a role in the effort, saying that 14 of the 17 lawmakers who have reportedly signed a letter in opposition to her are men.

“You'd have to ask them. If, in fact, there is any misogyny involved in it, it's their problem, not mine,” Pelosi said. “I enjoy a tremendous amount of support from the women in our caucus, from the new members who are women in our caucus. And so I get the upside, I think, of being a woman.”

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-congress-pelosi-speaker-20181114-story.html

Comments