Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2018
    But we Dont have any de’s
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2018

But we Dont have any de’s

Just posting what he's listed at cause you could argue UW is projecting him as a DT or as a Buck and it wouldn't surprise me. Also the defensive lineman on the west coast are shit next year so I have a feeling this kid is gonna be important.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

But we Dont have any de’s black players

This. We have no shot? Narbonne? Yeah right.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Don’t we have some recent history with one of their QBs?
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    I hear we are recruiting him for running back.

Ballz would be proud.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Meek said:

Don’t we have some recent history with one of their QBs?
    Kei and Troy were both from Narbonne. Doesn’t matter. Sark recruits. We have no chance.
    Passion said:

I attended the recruiting banquet tonight. Fun to geek out a little.

Anyway, Malloe was the funniest coach on stage (Adams is a dud). He told some humorous stories and his comments about the interior DL caused laughs. Definitely can see why he is a good recruiter.

However, his pitch is completely tailored for island kids. He basically said his entire reason for being at Washington is because he sees so many similarities between Polynesian culture and the culture established by Pete. It was heartfelt, but made me wonder what kids from other backgrounds would think.
    Kwat is recruiting this kid btw. But thanks for the info, if you wanted to make another thread/post with any other thoughts/notes from the banquet I’m sure people would enjoy.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well, I suppose the "lesser of two evils" approach?

We have a running head start with polys but are disadvantaged with others... Take what you have is what i say and then sell the success of the team on its own merits.

Hopefully we can get a successful blend in the future...
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Passion said:

Domicillo said:

Passion said:

Anyway, Malloe was the funniest coach on stage (Adams is a dud). He told some humorous stories and his comments about the interior DL caused laughs. Definitely can see why he is a good recruiter.

However, his pitch is completely tailored for island kids. He basically said his entire reason for being at Washington is because he sees so many similarities between Polynesian culture and the culture established by Pete. It was heartfelt, but made me wonder what kids from other backgrounds would think.
    Kwat is recruiting this kid btw. But thanks for the info, if you wanted to make another thread/post with any other thoughts/notes from the banquet I’m sure people would enjoy.
    A few highlights:

- Coaches mingled around with guests before the program began, which was cool. Surely they all had better things to do than hang with 300 arm chair experts.

- My two fiends and I had a good chat with Millie. Very personable and very stoked about this class, I asked if any of the new guys would play next year or if Levi, Tuli, Tamani and other older guys would shoulder the load. He smiled and said, “ Oh yeah, they’ll play.”

- Coach Pete didn’t talk about individual guys, but rather talked about this class in general and fielded questions.

- Damon Huard MC’d. Enthusiastic, and a little dorky.

- dumbest question of the night from the audience: “what about Puca Nacua?” Pete just turned the other way and said, “I don’t know him.“

- Best question of the night: somebody asked about tight ends. Pete just said it’s hard to find a tight end that can do all of the things they ask them to do. So, some years they may pass on people rather than just settle.

- When asked about defensive guys that are ready to make their mark, Jimmy Lake mentioned MJ Tafisi and a walk on named Edefuon Ulofoshio.

- Lake also said he thought McDuffie was the best CB in the he west.

- Cameron Williams is a violent player, ala JoJo McCintosh.

- Gregory is fired up about the LBs. very matter of fact coach-like speaking style. Said Tuputola may be the sleeper of the class. Kid is 248 pounds! Over 30 pounds heavier than Heimuli!

- Huff said it was the biggest OL class he’s ever had

- Bhonapha is funny but I dont sense a great deal of energy

Will post more tidbits later
    Very interesting that Lake mentioned Tafisi and Ulofoshio. I'm sure most of us assumed Sirmon would be the guy to step in depending on the health of Wellington/Beavers.
    Side note, it seems pretty significant that Banks is the only out of state guy to come up for our junior day right?
    edited February 2019

Side note, it seems pretty significant that Banks is the only out of state guy to come up for our junior day right?

Not sure that’s the case, but as of now he’s the only one we know of. He did come up with both parents so it could’ve been more driven by the family’s schedule than the coaches but it’s clear hes pretty interested.

Passion said:

Domicillo said:

Passion said:

A few highlights:

- Coaches mingled around with guests before the program began, which was cool. Surely they all had better things to do than hang with 300 arm chair experts.

- My two fiends and I had a good chat with Millie. Very personable and very stoked about this class, I asked if any of the new guys would play next year or if Levi, Tuli, Tamani and other older guys would shoulder the load. He smiled and said, “ Oh yeah, they’ll play.”

- Coach Pete didn’t talk about individual guys, but rather talked about this class in general and fielded questions.

- Damon Huard MC’d. Enthusiastic, and a little dorky.

- dumbest question of the night from the audience: “what about Puca Nacua?” Pete just turned the other way and said, “I don’t know him.“

- Best question of the night: somebody asked about tight ends. Pete just said it’s hard to find a tight end that can do all of the things they ask them to do. So, some years they may pass on people rather than just settle.

- When asked about defensive guys that are ready to make their mark, Jimmy Lake mentioned MJ Tafisi and a walk on named Edefuon Ulofoshio.

- Lake also said he thought McDuffie was the best CB in the he west.

- Cameron Williams is a violent player, ala JoJo McCintosh.

- Gregory is fired up about the LBs. very matter of fact coach-like speaking style. Said Tuputola may be the sleeper of the class. Kid is 248 pounds! Over 30 pounds heavier than Heimuli!

- Huff said it was the biggest OL class he’s ever had

- Bhonapha is funny but I dont sense a great deal of energy

Will post more tidbits later
    Very interesting that Lake mentioned Tafisi and Ulofoshio. I'm sure most of us assumed Sirmon would be the guy to step in depending on the health of Wellington/Beavers.
    tafisi's tape fucking legit. he is going to be good. Ulofoshio he looks fucking good for PWO
    Oh yeah, Tafisi looks amazing. I just didn't expect his name thrown out there like that.